closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Potential group buy pizza oven- link added for online preregistration and discount

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I find the thermometer very oddly placed when looking at the pictures on the website. It cannot measure anything of significance where it is, completely purposeless.

The prototype which was posted earlier in this thread looks like a completely different design.

I could never understand the rush to buy an oven before you have seen a single pizza which came out of it, or at least a picture or video of it while the fire is on.

I find the website rather odd, pictures of the dough balls look very strange and the dough recipe is anything but pizza dough. I gave a lot of feedback on this and other website aspects but none of it was considered.
    I messaged, in fact I screened dumped the maker your comments, sadly I have no idea what happened from then.
    As I said originally, I’m not commercially linked to this and so I currently have no idea what the problems are. I spoke to him last week and posted his comments about delivery and receiving a free peel but haven’t made contact or heard anything since.
    Clearly anything that’s happened isn't intentional and I can only assume it’s a major issue to refund you all. I need to speak with him to see what’s happening and hopefully this is just a minor glitch. Obviously once again apologies to the forum
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 21st July 2020 at 20:33.

I think his quick response time and readiness to refund anybody speaks for his honesty and good intentions. I wouldn't worry about my money if I had ordered and paid this.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Things go wrong, as stated, the speed of refunds and no quibbling suggests a gentleman who has unfortunately come unstuck. Nothing untoward going on here, a shame with the idea etc being so on trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I think his quick response time and readiness to refund anybody speaks for his honesty and good intentions. I wouldn't worry about my money if I had ordered and paid this.
    Indeed Raffe, he’s extremely honest.

I’m not worried about the money and will probably see it out has ooni aren’t available and I’m going away so I can wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it eventually turned up ,looks decent quality,I’ll give it a go at the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Well it eventually turned up ,looks decent quality,I’ll give it a go at the weekend
    Eureka! Just what I’ve been waiting for. Look forward to reading your feedback (and seeing some delish pizza photos). . Thank you

Ok first time disaster really,not the ovens fault has it was easy to get it to 450c ,but inexperience in pizza building,too much topping and not having the correct flour ,I only had pizza sachets.
    I’m pretty confident with the correct flour and not having an inch of topping it’ll be great .
    Couldn’t fault the oven used a mix of pellets and wood .

Master
    Sorry to hear that the first time wasn't a success, I had similar with my Koda 16 and spent more time burning off the mistakes than cooking pizza!

Keep with it, will improve - mine have massively so over the weeks & still learning.

Anyone that purchased an oven last year could you please PM me.

There has been a complete redesign of the oven, new website and accessories, he advised me today that anyone who purchased an old oven can have the redesigned one FOC.

Craftsman
    Can you link the website? I didn't buy one last year but am considering getting a pizza oven and reading over this thread, seems like this one is fairly good

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Evening all.

So a little update to this.......

Can anyone who has purchased an old one please follow this link......https://www.charoutdoors.com/shop/

Contact them through the website and they will check your previous order and send you a new version free of charge.
    The above site is live but not for sales until next week. There is a complete new range of ovens, outdoor ranges, fire pits etc.
    FFF

Anyone that was originally interested, the maker has extended his offer to the forum only of 20 units at £20 off the page price. This has been given only to this forum and nowhere else and will be available for 2 weeks.
    This will bring it down to £174 but would activate a postage charge, you would have to order something else like pellets etc to relieve free postage.
    Use Promo20 at the checkout
    FFF.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Anyone that was originally interested, the maker has extended his offer to the forum only of 20 units at £20 off the page price. This has been given only to this forum and nowhere else and will be available for 2 weeks.
    This will bring it down to £174 but would activate a postage charge, you would have to order something else like pellets etc to relieve free postage.
    Use Promo20 at the checkout
    FFF.
    FFF, thanks for the promo code, I’m very tempted! Have you had chance to use one of these yet, I’m just looking for some feedback before I buy one?
    Cheers
    Simon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes. I posted the results in the other pizza thread on Sunday- I was very pleased with it

Quote Originally Posted by SimonN View Post
    FFF, thanks for the promo code, I’m very tempted! Have you had chance to use one of these yet, I’m just looking for some feedback before I buy one?
    Cheers
    Simon

I got one ,not had chance to use it loads but I was getting there ,practice is really needed and keep trying even if they at first come out inedible.
    They’ve made some tweaks to the model,not the main body ,and spoke to them yesterday and they are going to send me the new parts to put on mine (free).
    Has a new company they’re obviously trying and going in the right direction,all positive from me .

Master
    Am expecting mine on Thursday and looking forward to trying it out over the weekend - which probably means it will rain constantly...

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Had a call today,to say they are sending me a full replacement

Craftsman
    What are the changes from the original one.
    I thought the original looks great and although I only had one go at the pizzas before winter kicked in worked perfectly.
    The pizzas were spot on and was the first time I had ever made them.
    I got one ,not had chance to use it loads but I was getting there ,practice is really needed and keep trying even if they at first come out inedible.
    They’ve made some tweaks to the model,not the main body ,and spoke to them yesterday and they are going to send me the new parts to put on mine (free).
    Has a new company they’re obviously trying and going in the right direction,all positive from me .

Had a call today,to say they are sending me a full replacement

Yep that was always going to be the case to anyone who bought an original one if you ring them and advise of your original purchase they will give you the new one FOC.

Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    What are the changes from the original one.
    I thought the original looks great and although I only had one go at the pizzas before winter kicked in worked perfectly.
    The pizzas were spot on and was the first time I had ever made them.
    Nothing major, the stats been moved and there’s been an upgrade in the thermals. They also had to reinforce the cooking plate I believe so that’s been changed and tested.

Pics of mine from my first use.

Thought I’d mention you get a free peel in the kit and is supplied with enough pellets to make about 7-8 pizzas however I’ve invested in a better peel with a long handle and a small blow torch to ignite the pellets

Craftsman
    Thanks,
    To be honest the oven seemed fine to me although I only used it the once before winter kicked in.
    The only small niggle was what you mentioned and the cooking plate warped a little when hot but did go back once cooled so if this has been reinforced I cannot see any other issues.
    I had never made pizza before and on my first attempt they came out great.
    Think the Oven looks great and I had a stainless table made for it.
    And as for the owner Ben, cannot praise the Guy enough, a Gent and more than fair with my dealings with him.
    Nothing major, the stats been moved and there’s been an upgrade in the thermals. They also had to reinforce the cooking plate I believe so that’s been changed and tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    Thanks,
    To be honest the oven seemed fine to me although I only used it the once before winter kicked in.
    The only small niggle was what you mentioned and the cooking plate warped a little when hot but did go back once cooled so if this has been reinforced I cannot see any other issues.
    I had never made pizza before and on my first attempt they came out great.
    Think the Oven looks great and I had a stainless table made for it.
    And as for the owner Ben, cannot praise the Guy enough, a Gent and more than fair with my dealings with him.
    Absolutely great bunch of guys and whilst mistakes happened the way they handled it was key.

Craftsman
    My first attempt with the pizza oven just before winter kicked in.

Sent from my M2002J9G using Tapatalk

Looks great, hopefully you’ll get the new one soon and get her fired up

Pics of mine from my first use.
    Look great Dud!.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

When they first called me they said they had changed the door and the hopper ,but has as been mentioned the guys just said we’ll send you a new one,with customer service like that they should go far

Journeyman
    Yes. I posted the results in the other pizza thread on Sunday- I was very pleased with it

Thanks FFF, and to everyone else who has commented. Order placed!

Craftsman
    Went ahead and placed an order based on the feedback here, can't really go wrong for under 200 delivered. Anyone who has tried the ooni ones know how they compare?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    Went ahead and placed an order based on the feedback here, can't really go wrong for under 200 delivered. Anyone who has tried the ooni ones know how they compare?

I’ve got the ooni 2s and it’s not great, just really inconsistent. The gas burner makes it more usable but still not amazing

So what's everyone who's getting a free replacement doing with their old one?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Sales Corner?

Craftsman
    Are these ovens weather proof or do they need to be stored indoors when not in use?

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Sales Corner?
    £250, rare first edition

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    There taking them back ,free

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I got my Char oven I think end of September, used it once then got it back out this last weekend. I am struggling to get it up to heat, any suggestions? I have emailed the new website ( different to the one from when I last looked at the back end of summer I guess) but not had reply yet. It briefly got to 350C but then went down. How many woodchips are you using?

You need to feed the hopper regularly, I fill the tray and angled section right up, light with a blow torch, and slide back in. I leave the hopper lid off when it’s heating up and once it gets up to about 300 I feed in the hopper a few more handfuls and give the tray a shake to drop the pellets down. Leave another 5 minutes and it reaches 400. The key is keeping the tray fed and shaking the load down. My first attempt a few weeks ago I managed to keep it over 350 however that was with help of my son. I used the about 1.5 boxes of small pellets they supplied in the kit to cook 4 pizzas

Quote Originally Posted by maccer View Post
    I got my Char oven I think end of September, used it once then got it back out this last weekend. I am struggling to get it up to heat, any suggestions? I have emailed the new website ( different to the one from when I last looked at the back end of summer I guess) but not had reply yet. It briefly got to 350C but then went down. How many woodchips are you using?
    Maccer you need to ring the number on the new website and they will either send you a new unit like some have already had on here or send you the updated parts FOC. Give them a ring.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Maccer you need to ring the number on the new website and they will either send you a new unit like some have already had on here or send you the updated parts FOC. Give them a ring.
    Ah Ok cheers will do.