closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Potential group buy pizza oven- link added for online preregistration and discount

I'm still waiting on the test drive results mentioned above - any ETA on these?

Master
    Another purchase that wasn't planned thanks TZ :)

Ive been wanting a pizza oven for ages any recommendations / must have accessories gents?

Pellet types etc etc
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 16th June 2020 at 18:10.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    I'm still waiting on the test drive results mentioned above - any ETA on these?
    No sorry- I know they’ve been tested and are obviously happy with the results but they will come
    Raffe and Pitch hopefully will be reviewing them also

Master
    I've bought one also - thanks for the heads up. It has been a tough few months, although nothing compared to many, and this is the first treat for myself in a while.

Master
    missed this thread and now realise I need a pizza oven in my life; is it too late to get the discount as my FOMO is strong and i'll end up buying at full price!! :)

Master
    Just placed my order. I'm now spending more on non-watch related stuff than I am on watches

Thanks FFF

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Just placed an order and got some wood pellets, see how i go but going forward I'm hoping the gas burner is coming for this.
    Thanks for the heads up FFF

The discount code will be extended for the month so anyone thinks they’ve missed out please use PROMO25 at the checkout.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    The discount code will be extended for the month so anyone thinks they’ve missed out please use PROMO25 at the checkout.
    thanks Franky

Craftsman
    Hopefully the oven is arriving today. If it does will test drive over the weekend and update the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by wotsthecrack View Post
    Hopefully the oven is arriving today. If it does will test drive over the weekend and update the outcome.
    Thanks, I'm definitely interested in your feedback.

Craftsman
    Hi

Did you get any tracking info or dispatch email?

The last email I received was informing of a delay on 7th July.

Jake

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Hi

Did you get any tracking info or dispatch email?

The last email I received was informing of a delay on 7th July.

Jake
    No subsequent email with tracking details, would like to think if it wasn't despatched yesterday as promised another email would have been sent explaining.

I'll let you know if it arrives

No subsequent email with tracking details, would like to think if it wasn't despatched yesterday as promised another email would have been sent explaining.

I'll let you know if it arrives
    Mine was promised for today as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Just had a call from Char Ovens apologising for the late delivery which is now scheduled for next Tuesday. He said his carrier was quoting Covid-19 as part of the reason for the delay.
    So next Tuesday it is 🤞

Jake

Craftsman
    I had the same call, Tuesday now!
    Gutted as was all set to get some pizzas made tomorrow.
    It is what it is.

Master
    No sorry- I know they’ve been tested and are obviously happy with the results but they will come
    Raffe and Pitch hopefully will be reviewing them also
    Did we get that Raffe / Pitch review? Would be interested to hear their thoughts.

Sorry everyone have just seen the posts. I haven’t spoken to him for a while but I know dispatch was a problem.
    ‘With reference to the reviews, I chatted with Pitch via PM and the last time we spoke he was going to be contacted by the maker for a chat and to arrange an oven for him. Not sure if this took place....I’ll PM pitch to see what happened

Sorry everyone have just seen the posts. I haven’t spoken to him for a while but I know dispatch was a problem.
    ‘With reference to the reviews, I chatted with Pitch via PM and the last time we spoke he was going to be contacted by the maker for a chat and to arrange an oven for him. Not sure if this took place....I’ll PM pitch to see what happened
    I have never heard from him after our conversation.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Emailed Ben yesterday. Hope to collect mine from him on Friday of next week. I live 3 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I have never heard from him after our conversation.
    I think it was a case of going with pitch as he was in the UK, having messaged pitch he advised he’s been in contact with Ben so hopefully things might happen.

As soon as I get mine DavidL has offered me a hand so I’ll try and get a review out.
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 17th July 2020 at 22:21.

I think it was a case of going with pitch as he was in the UK, having messaged pitch he advised he’s been in contact with Ben so hopefully things might happen.

As soon as I get mine DavidL has offered me a hand so I’ll try and get a review out.

Ahem. You asked whether I wanted to review and I responded that I was in Luxembourg. You reverted saying that he was keen to have people test it and happy to send it to me.

After that, complete radio silence for more than a month.

To be clear, I am not after a free oven - I would have sent it back or sold it for charity.

Master
    I was told like others it would be here this week and chased up to say it would arrive today but alas nothing, while it’s not the end of the world it’s not a great start and I didnt even get an apology mail despite speaking to Ben on Wednesday.

I sure hope it lives up to expectations

All sounds a bit of a faff or someone who is just disorganised. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Ahem. You asked whether I wanted to review and I responded that I was in Luxembourg. You reverted saying that he was keen to have people test it and happy to send it to me.

After that, complete radio silence for more than a month.

To be clear, I am not after a free oven - I would have sent it back or sold it for charity.
    He asked me if I knew any body with experience who would be interested in reviewing the unit- I did. He asked me to make contact and ask if they would mind reviewing the unit- I did. I advised him of the 2 people ( you and pitch ) and he made the decision not me.
    Im not commercially linked to this oven and have made no decisions.

My point is the lack of communication; you ask someone for a favour and then nothing. As far as I understood he did the same with pitch?

My point is the lack of communication; you ask someone for a favour and then nothing. As far as I understood he did the same with pitch?
    I can only apologise on their behalf for that Raffe. I gave them details of parties who would be interested and good enough to help- I passed that info on after speaking to you and Pitch, they made that decision not me.

I can only apologise on their behalf for that Raffe. I gave them details of parties who would be interested and good enough to help- I passed that info on after speaking to you and Pitch, they made that decision not me.
    No worry, I know you are just the middle man Dudley.

I’ve messaged the maker this morning and advised him of some comments on here regarding expected delivery times. I’m not 100% sure of the issues however he has assured me they will be delivered before Wednesday, as a way of an apology you’ll receive a free peel in the box.
    I can only apologise on their behalf but I believe they attempted to speak to everybody yesterday to,advise, again sorry for anyone who didn’t get the call.

Master
    I suspect they are going to have a busy weekend finishing production of the ovens!!

Craftsman
    To be fair Ben rang me yesterday and he was very apologetic.
    Would have liked to have had it this weekend but not the end of the world whatever the issues have been.
    I’ve messaged the maker this morning and advised him of some comments on here regarding expected delivery times. I’m not 100% sure of the issues however he has assured me they will be delivered before Wednesday, as a way of an apology you’ll receive a free peel in the box.
    I can only apologise on their behalf but I believe they attempted to speak to everybody yesterday to,advise, again sorry for anyone who didn’t get the call.

Master
    Frankie four fingers - many thanks for the update as I appreciate you aren’t involved hopefully mine will arrive soon enough And I can utilise the tips Pitch has shared.

Craftsman
    Ben called me yesterday apologising for the oven not arriving friday as promised. I explained I don't have a problem with it being late but comms should have been better i.e. should have been advised thursday it wasn't going to arrive friday. He was very apologetic, maybe he can learn the old mantra, "under promise, over deliver"

Craftsman
    Hi All

Just received an email from Char informing me that an issue has arisen with the third party supplied thermometers and they now have to issue a recall.

They have offered a refund or to hold the order until they have new thermometers - August maybe.

A bit gutted but I have asked for a refund.

Jake

Hi All

Just received an email from Char informing me that an issue has arisen with the third party supplied thermometers and they now have to issue a recall.

They have offered a refund or to hold the order until they have new thermometers - August maybe.

Jake
    In your last post they blamed COVID related delays with their carriers! Seems like they don’t know what’s going on, glad I bought an ooni pro.
    Anyone who’s got money with these people, I’d be asking for a refund today, this isn’t on.

They’re still taking orders on the website too, all looks very shady.

Hi All

Jake
    Odd. You could still ask them to send it and order a thermometer from Amazon, 10 quid and will be with you on Thursday.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/50-500-Degr...dp/B078GL6CKL/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by junglebert View Post
    Or alternatively, a small business seeks to enter into a new marketplace with a new and untested (in volume) product, suffers some setbacks and delays during a global pandemic, has some comms issues during the process but freely offers refunds and other value add products as way of apology...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Or alternatively, a small business seeks to enter into a new marketplace with a new and untested (in volume) product, suffers some setbacks and delays during a global pandemic, has some comms issues during the process but freely offers refunds and other value add products as way of apology...
    That’s one way of looking it at. But when the excuses start to stack up on top of each other, it’s time to walk away.

Odd. You could still ask them to send it and order a thermometer from Amazon, 10 quid and will be with you on Thursday.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/50-500-Degr...dp/B078GL6CKL/
    Indeed, the internal thermometer is probably the least useful thing on the oven, my Ooni doesn’t even have one,.

Quote Originally Posted by junglebert View Post
    I can absolutely assure you there is nothing shady

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thermometer is actually completely useless. What you need is the surface temperature of the stone and not the ambient temperature inside the oven.

My Pizza Party has one as did my Ooni Pro, but the info is worthless and I use a 5 quid handthermometer to establish the stone temperature.

Not suggesting there is something shady going on, just an odd reason to delay delivery by weeks especially when replacement thermometers are readily available.

Master
    I got the same email this morning and while bitterly disappointing I understand theese things do happen, I’ve asked for my money back and will try and find an ooni but I did ask him to keep my details and will keep an eye on the future of Char as if I can’t find an ooni Ben has kindly said he will honour the intro rate as and when they arrive

Master
    As others have said a cheap hand held thermometer is what I use
    Surely the replacement thermometer just bolts on through the door - a easy replacement for the end user

Master
    Have confirmed that I'm happy to wait.

Craftsman
    I've emailed Ben to send without the thermometer as I have an Infra red hand held.

Craftsman
    I've emailed Ben to send without the thermometer as I have an Infra red hand held.

Just had another email, cannot send out without the thermometer. Full refund already back in my account. Shame it didn't work out.

Craftsman
    Just got a full refund as well.

Jake

Just had another email, cannot send out without the thermometer. Full refund already back in my account. Shame it didn't work out.
    I find the thermometer very oddly placed when looking at the pictures on the website. It cannot measure anything of significance where it is, completely purposeless.

The prototype which was posted earlier in this thread looks like a completely different design.

I could never understand the rush to buy an oven before you have seen a single pizza which came out of it, or at least a picture or video of it while the fire is on.

I find the website rather odd, pictures of the dough balls look very strange and the dough recipe is anything but pizza dough. I gave a lot of feedback on this and other website aspects but none of it was considered.

Craftsman
    I find the thermometer very oddly placed when looking at the pictures on the website. It cannot measure anything of significance where it is, completely purposeless.

The prototype which was posted earlier in this thread looks like a completely different design.

I could never understand the rush to buy an oven before you have seen a single pizza which came out of it, or at least a picture or video of it while the fire is on.

I find the website rather odd, pictures of the dough balls look very strange and the dough recipe is anything but pizza dough. I gave a lot of feedback on this and other website aspects but none of it was considered.
    Was intending to buy an Ooni but no stock, ordered this as only £185 it seemed to be worth a punt at that cost point. Back to the drawing board.