closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential group buy pizza oven- link added for online preregistration and discount

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    if I can add my 10p- id suggest a taller hopper or an attachment as it will eat pellets quicker than you can load it- I have an OOni 3
    Also just wondering on how pellets are contained inside
    From him just now.... It has a larger hopper for exactly that reason...will send a detailed image of it next week once the Copy right is confirmed.
    Ask what ever you want

The name cut out in the hopper front is for air flow too....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    It's looking good so far, if there are no issues with copyright I'll be interested.

Cheers

Master
    Hi Dudley

Definitely interested in this.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by wotsthecrack View Post
    It's looking good so far, if there are no issues with copyright I'll be interested.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    Hi Dudley

Definitely interested in this.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Once the copyright has been sorted which won’t be long, that will dictate the body shape and I’ll get the finalised completed pictures.
    The price will stay the same.

Will there be the option for a gas burner?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.chef View Post
    I can only ask

Quote Originally Posted by mr.chef View Post
    He hadn’t considered it however he will do and look in to it👍

I’m definitely in

Master
    FFF: could you check if it has a flame guard included? If not I’d recommend one, without these type of ovens can cremate a pizza in seconds.

https://www.tbbq.co.uk/shop/houlker-...pizza-ovens-2/

Craftsman
    I'd also be interested in this. Thanks FFF.

With those numbers and answers, I am definitely still interested

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    FFF: could you check if it has a flame guard included? If not I’d recommend one, without these type of ovens can cremate a pizza in seconds.

Assume this pushes the flame upwards and stops burning of the dough?
    Ive asked the question and showed him the link.....cheers
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 16th May 2020 at 14:43.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    With those numbers and answers, I am definitely still interested
    Quote Originally Posted by eoghan101 View Post
    I'd also be interested in this. Thanks FFF.

👍👍👍👍

Can confirm there is a flame guard included and it will be able to be removed and replaced if needed, to be fair he’s seems to have thought of everything, but please keep any questions coming

Craftsman
    Definitely still interested, assume it will have a cool handle on the "front door", plus does it only take pellets or could you chuck appropriate sized wood in too? Probably a wider Ooni questions rather than specific to this to be honest. Thx Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tintin View Post
    Definitely still interested, assume it will have a cool handle on the "front door", plus does it only take pellets or could you chuck appropriate sized wood in too? Probably a wider Ooni questions rather than specific to this to be honest. Thx Tim
    Get back to you

Craftsman
    Interested here also.

Jake

Craftsman
    Sorry FFF was looking at the wrong pictures, have seen the handles now, just one other question, is the chimney removable for storage / transportation or is it fixed?

Thx
    Tim

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tintin View Post
    Sorry FFF was looking at the wrong pictures, have seen the handles now, just one other question, is the chimney removable for storage / transportation or is it fixed?

Thx
    Tim
    Read post 35

Yes and yes

Craftsman
    Hi FFF, please put my name down as interested too. Seems a really good price!

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Not meaning to spoil anything, but as FFF has no commercial interest in this: I don't understand why members are piling in to buy this prototype when a tried and tested product is available for basically the same price?

I am sure Ooni has done tons of testing before they originally launched this and they have relaunched/improved it three times since - as far as I understand this one only exists as a CAD project for the moment and hasn't baked a single pizza.

No affiliation with Ooni, I have had one, didn't get along with it and sold it again.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Not meaning to spoil anything, but as FFF has no commercial interest in this: I don't understand why members are piling in to buy this prototype when a tried and tested product is available for basically the same price?

I am sure Ooni has done tons of testing before they originally launched this and they have relaunched/improved it three times since - as far as I understand this one only exists as a CAD project for the moment and hasn't baked a single pizza.

No affiliation with Ooni, I have had one, didn't get along with it and sold it again.
    Raffe - try to buy a Ooni here in the uk

@FFF
    I have a brand new unused Ooni 3 burner here at your disposal- I think my brother would be interested in one of theses

The one that’s pictured NO, however I was wrong there are 2 prototypes, my mate has one and the other was for a friend of his by all accounts very happy with it. You’re correct I have zero commercial interest in this and want to keep it that way.
    Ive seen some reviews on YouTube** and seen loads of great results from these. I’m not an expert like you and so you’re of course more than welcome to voice your concerns and opinions

Edit to say-seen loads of Uuni reviews on YouTube**
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 16th May 2020 at 17:13.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Assume this pushes the flame upwards and stops burning of the dough?
    Ive asked the question and showed him the link.....cheers
    Correct-a-mundo...

Can I ask why you didn’t get on with the Ooni?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Can I ask why you didn’t get on with the Ooni?

Somehow I couldn't get the temperature where I wanted it and it cooled down after every bake. I don't think I ever got mine to 400+ degrees. Ooni exchanged my gas burner two times and then I sold it to somebody who wanted to use it with wood only (mine was a Pro).

I heard many positive stories from other owners but I was never happy with mine. Maybe mine was faulty, maybe it was me. The new owner tells me that he is really happy, so suppose it was me.

I bought the electrical Effeuno afterwards and never looked back (I also have a wood-fired Pizza Party oven now).

Somehow I couldn't get the temperature where I wanted it and it cooled down after every bake. I don't think I ever got mine to 400+ degrees. Ooni exchanged my gas burner two times and then I sold it to somebody who wanted to use it with wood only (mine was a Pro).

I heard many positive stories from other owners but I was never happy with mine. Maybe mine was faulty, maybe it was me. The new owner tells me that he is really happy, so suppose it was me.

I bought the electrical Effeuno afterwards and never looked back (I also have a wood-fired Pizza Party oven now).
    Interesting thanks. I struggled to get mine up to temp with wood (could well be was just wood from the garden and I should but some oak or similar hardwood).
    Anyway have bought gas burner for it but yet to try.

Getting back on topic, might be an idea if this oven was made compatible with one of the Ooni gas burners. Might not help design copyright avoidance though!

Interesting thanks. I struggled to get mine up to temp with wood (could well be was just wood from the garden and I should but some oak or similar hardwood).
    Anyway have bought gas burner for it but yet to try.

Getting back on topic, might be an idea if this oven was made compatible with one of the Ooni gas burners. Might not help design copyright avoidance though!
    Yeh I asked him today about a gas addition and it’s something he may consider. Think he’ll concentrate on wood for the time being though

Potential group buy pizza oven

With wood to raise the temp you’ll want to be adding thinner pieces. The idea is that you will lose less temperature waiting for the fuel to catch fire. Two big lumps won’t do it so instead add a few thin pieces and do so more frequently.

I would start with a few thin pieces with a bigger stick of wood on top. You want the bigger piece, or two, to build a coal bed while the little sticks will get you up to temp quicker. To balance all of this you’ll benefit from learning to operate your chimney damper and air intake.

If the chimney or exhaust is too open all the heat will just go up the chimney. You want to choke it enough to keep the heat in the oven while allowing enough oxygen to enter so to avoid it getting smoky. It takes a bit of getting used to, trying to figure out the variables of wood size alongside air in and out but once you get it you’ll easily be able to raise your temperature, hold and lower it pretty easily.

I say a few sticks as it’s all dependent on the size of your oven an wood. It’s basically the interplay between fuel size and air control that will either move you towards or away from your desired temperature. At the Start with a brick oven you’ll loose heat while driving the moisture out of the brick. Your ‘hold’ will also be less stable as the energy from the burnt wood removes the water. You can always start said over with a little gas poker for an hour or two. Otherwise just build a fire and leave. You do want to start small though otherwise you can crack your brick. Stainless won’t suffer the same (expansion and contraction) so you can more safely get up to temperature quickly.
    Last edited by canuck; 16th May 2020 at 23:03.

^^^ Useful advice, thanks!

Craftsman
    Still interested.

Would be great to see pictures if the actual unit and a short video or review of how well it works.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Seadweller75 View Post
    Still interested.

Would be great to see pictures if the actual unit and a short video or review of how well it works.

Thanks.
    Full pictures will be available and I’ll post up when I have them. As for reviews or video- I’ve stated all along I’m a pizza virgin and so it would really mean nothing.
    I can get one to use, if a local seasoned pizza maker close to me from the forum in Wilts fancies coming over and giving it a whirl you’re more than welcome....obviously depending on lockdown. I will however get one out the box, get it lit and see what temperatures can be achieved and maintained which seems to be an issue with some of these types of oven.

Craftsman
    Full pictures will be available and I’ll post up when I have them. As for reviews or video- I’ve stated all along I’m a pizza virgin and so it would really mean nothing.
    I can get one to use, if a local seasoned pizza maker close to me from the forum in Wilts fancies coming over and giving it a whirl you’re more than welcome....obviously depending on lockdown. I will however get one out the box, get it lit and see what temperatures can be achieved and maintained which seems to be an issue with some of these types of oven.
    Sounds good.

Would be great if someone with some experience close to you and on the forum will be able to give it a go.

Looking forward to the pics and a review if it is possible.

Master
    Also I think I’ve seen someone selling an extra plate for the Ooni to place on the floor of the in the back when burning wood (as opposed to pellets)- I think It distorts the SS - might be worth looking into
    I’m sure I’ve read this

Quick update

Pictures of the final product will follow soon however they’ve developed (in his words) a better alternative to the pizza stone. He’s currently testing a 3-4 and 5 mm stainless steel cooking plate. He’s saying the plate stays hotter and a more uniformed temperature.
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 20th May 2020 at 18:23.

Master
    Quick update

Pictures of the final product will follow soon however they’ve developed (in his words) a better alternative to the pizza stone. He’s currently testing a 3-4 and 5 mm stainless steel cooking plate. He’s saying the plate stays hotter and a more uniformed temperature.
    Not first hand experience so obvious pinch of salt needed, I have read that the Steel’s perform admirably in domestic ovens as they don’t reach the same temps as wood fired ones. The issue is in wood fired ovens they can lead to burnt bottoms (snigger) as the hold temps better than stone and can release the thermal load into the pizza quite quickly.

I’d be interested in your pal’s experience while experimenting.

Not first hand experience so obvious pinch of salt needed, I have read that the Steel’s perform admirably in domestic ovens as they don’t reach the same temps as wood fired ones. The issue is in wood fired ovens they can lead to burnt bottoms (snigger) as the hold temps better than stone and can release the thermal load into the pizza quite quickly.

There is a guy on the Ooni Facebook group who relentlessly touts his baking steels for the Ooni ovens - they usually get pretty good reviews.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283791521550

He’s experimenting with varied steel thicknesses. 6mm took to long to heat however he did get some good results, he’s testing 5 4 and 3mm but suspects 4mm is optimal. He also said that he’s used semolina to dust and it never sticks. Again I have no experience of this and have no idea what’s best
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 20th May 2020 at 19:30.

He’s experimenting with varied steel thicknesses. 6mm took to long to heat however he did get some good results, he’s testing 5 4 and 3mm but suspects 4mm is optimal. He also said that he’s used semolina to dust and it never sticks. Again I have no experience of this and have no idea what’s best
    Can see that steel would give a very even oven bottom temperature, much better than a stone.
    Not sure it would keep its heat for as long (though not saying it wouldn’t, I just don’t know).

Master
    Can see that steel would give a very even oven bottom temperature, much better than a stone.
    Not sure it would keep its heat for as long (though not saying it wouldn’t, I just don’t know).
    I think the benefit of a stone is it’s porous and thus draw water giving a crisp base.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    I think the benefit of a stone is it’s porous and thus draw water giving a crisp base.
    Neapolitan pizza is not crisp. Never.

Don’t think it would draw in much water at 400C either.
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 21st May 2020 at 22:31.

Craftsman
    Any update Franky? I've received my Caputo Red flour just need a pizza oven now

Just waiting for the final product and get some pics. There will be an official website, the name has been registered and the questions about trademarks have been answered by a simple slight change to the body. The cooking plate has been sorted and the optimum was found to be 3mm which will of course be included.
    Also just waiting for the shipment boxes to be sorted and he won’t be far away.

Craftsman
    Just waiting for the final product and get some pics. There will be an official website, the name has been registered and the questions about trademarks have been answered by a simple slight change to the body. The cooking plate has been sorted and the optimum was found to be 3mm which will of course be included.
    Also just waiting for the shipment boxes to be sorted and he won’t be far away.
    Many thanks for the rapid update.

Cheers

Andy

I’m very very up for one of these.

Keep on updating,has I’m rejigging the garden to accommodate one .

Because ordering through this route will be cheaper, when time is right, any member which wants to purchase one needs to PM me and I’ll give you a code and a contact number/ email.....that way he’ll know it’s via here and will charge accordingly.

Update.

So he’s getting close now- I’ll add a few pics later when tapatalk is working. The outside top edge is also coated with a 600 degrees ceramic coating which also helps with insulation and prevents super heating of the roof. The cooking plate is completed and etched.
    Hes now gone balls out on this and having a website designed and they’ll soon be tested. He’s also doing peels and other accessories to order along with the oven, there’ll also be a gas option coming soon. You guys by the sound of it will hopefully get the first run from the 100 made and as previously discussed when the time comes if you pm me there’ll be an email address and code to use so he knows it comes via the forum. There’s also a few quirky touches with the packaging which I’m sure you’ll like.

Ive had quite a few messages with interest and as soon as it’s ready I’ll let you all know.
    FFF