closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential group buy pizza oven- link added for online preregistration and discount

Potential group buy pizza oven- link added for online preregistration and discount

I was going to post this on the pizza thread but didn’t want to ruin it .
    I’ve been looking at pizza ovens for some time now and never get around to buying one however seeing the beasts come out of the oven has inspired me to get one.
    I have a mate who owns a stainless steel manufacturing company and I recently mentioned it to him about the ovens. It just so happens he made a one off for a customer about 2 or 3 years ago and has sat on the plans ever since. He was thinking about looking in to making more of them when I asked him the question.
    Somewhen within the next few weeks he’s getting one cut and formed and get it sent over to me, he assures me they are top notch and his only other customer was highly impressed with it. I have no idea of costs as it will depend on how many he can make out of a single sheet but he’ll get back to me when he knows.
    I mentioned the forum and the other pizza post and asked if he’d be up for a possible group buy and clearly it’s all down to numbers.
    I’ll get some pics up as soon as I have the finished article and by then I’ll know the price. I will be paying for mine and in no way be benefiting from anything.
    Please let me know if this is of interest to anybody, I can gauge numbers and can see what happens.
    FFF

BTW the stone plate would have to be sourced separately however I believe they are easy to get hold of.
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 4th June 2020 at 23:40.

Master
    Certainly sounds interesting, although have one already. I'd imagine something bespoke along those lines could be quite interesting.

The stone will be easy enough to find, plus there are a few other options on various Ooni type groups on FB with sellers offering things like this.

What about insulation, aren’t most steel ovens insulated? I know Ooni’s are.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Are the 3 / pro insulated? I know the newer Koda / Fyre etc are, but a very different construction

I will add that to the questions I was going to ask him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Are the 3 / pro insulated? I know the newer Koda / Fyre etc are, but a very different construction
    They are (ceramic fibre I believe).

My 2S isn't.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

I’ve got plans to rejig our garden and get a pizza oven,so I’d be interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    I’ve got plans to rejig our garden and get a pizza oven,so I’d be interested

Plans or permission from SWMBO? !

Master
    I don’t think ooni’s are insulated. I think there’s an inner and outer wall with a gap though.

I’ve got an ooni 2 and I’m not massively impressed. Wood pellets seem to get stuck and it’s really hard to keep the temperature consistent. I wonder if they are just too small.

Having said that you can get a nice pizza, I just seem to be able to do them consistently.

Master
    I’d be interested too.

Potential group buy pizza oven

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    My 2S isn't.
    Okay, didn’t know that. Believe they have been from the 3 onwards.

https://support.ooni.com/support/sol...oni-insulated-

Master
    I have a OOni 3 and I didn't know that

I might be interested but it is very dependent on details. I made a pizza oven with a fabricator mate from a large propane cylinder, and it is great, except it definitely needs more thermal inertia to work at its best, ie astone sheet in the roof as well as for the pizza to sit on (i have granite for that).

When i was making this, we investigated making an ooni+, and it was hard to see how they made them so cheap (ooni version 1).
    Dave

Master
    Yep but not much.

Master
    To be honest FFF it’s a bit of a piece of string question.

It would depend on price.
    Construction (is it a big Ooni or more like Raffe/Pitch’s garden ovens)
    Size
    Insulation
    How they cook

Perhaps some photos of the first one and some estimates on size & cost might help?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    To be honest FFF it’s a bit of a piece of string question.

It would depend on price.
    Construction (is it a big Ooni or more like Raffe/Pitch’s garden ovens)
    Size
    Insulation
    How they cook

Perhaps some photos of the first one and some estimates on size & cost might help?
    Absolutely which is what I kind of said in the first post. It’s stainless construction, price and photos when I know more but price will depend on how many he can get from single sheets. Insulation is a question already asked by kingstepper and something I’ll pass on to him.
    Size will be comparable to an Ooni however until I have it in my hands I won’t know.
    As it’s something he’s already made and designed it won’t take long for him to get another made up and sent to me, obviously I’ll take pics, give it a test run however I’m no expert with pizza making.
    I know it’s a speculative question but if I can go back to him and say yes I’ve potentially got X amount interested then I’m guessing the price can be adjusted accordingly. I don’t think this is something he’ll likely continue as his biggest customers is Costa and currently doing stuff for the NHS.

Thanks for this. I'm interested, dependant on final product and pricing. You could post photos of the model he made previously, to give us an idea?

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Thanks for this. I'm interested, dependant on final product and pricing. You could post photos of the model he made previously, to give us an idea?
    It’ll be the same design but not sure if he took a photo of it but will ask the question.

Master
    D, I have a roccbox so you're welcome to come and see that once that sort of thing is allowed.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    D, I have a roccbox so you're welcome to come and see that once that sort of thing is allowed.
    David
    Cheers David...might get some tips also

Craftsman
    Id be interested dependent on size and price, many thanks Tim

Master
    Looking at John Lewis and Amazon ooni 3 ovens are all out of stock . JL has non available of any size or type , so that explains the shortage of flour, diy pizza’s

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Absolutely which is what I kind of said in the first post. It’s stainless construction, price and photos when I know more but price will depend on how many he can get from single sheets. Insulation is a question already asked by kingstepper and something I’ll pass on to him.
    Size will be comparable to an Ooni however until I have it in my hands I won’t know.
    As it’s something he’s already made and designed it won’t take long for him to get another made up and sent to me, obviously I’ll take pics, give it a test run however I’m no expert with pizza making.
    I know it’s a speculative question but if I can go back to him and say yes I’ve potentially got X amount interested then I’m guessing the price can be adjusted accordingly. I don’t think this is something he’ll likely continue as his biggest customers is Costa and currently doing stuff for the NHS.
    If it’s around ooni size and design I’ve already got a 3s so likely not for me, but happy to offer some (hopefully) constructive feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    If it’s around ooni size and design I’ve already got a 3s so likely not for me, but happy to offer some (hopefully) constructive feedback.
    👍 great thanks

Plans or permission from SWMBO? !
    There her plans ,I do the work

Craftsman
    As per most other people's replies, I'd be interested depending on size & price. Thanks Simon

Craftsman
    Me too depending on price.

Craftsman
    Possibly interested depending on size quality etc.

Craftsman
    Me too,size dependant.

I had a Ooni Pro and I can confirm it was insulated. Currently have 70x70cm Pizzaparty and if you have questions or want to see how they solved certain details, just ask and I can send photos.

Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Journeyman
    I’m interested too, depending on the final details (size, price etc)

Thanks
    Mike

Again another potential here dependent on the usual.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Can also confirm the Ooni 3 has insulation , I noticed it when putting mine together

Potential group buy pizza oven

Thread update.

So he’s currently changing a few things from the original design and so the full pics won’t be ready until tomorrow. however I’ve attached the ones he’s sent and will look very similar, chimney will remove and come with loading hopper, pellet tray and scoop etc.

A few asked about insulation and I can confirm it will be DEF insulated with a fire retardant type lining that is used by AGA.

The pics......

I’m still to confirm costs but will update when I know more, any questions fire away and I’ll try and get an answer
    FFF

Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 16th May 2020 at 09:55.

Master
    Interested to hear pricing.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Very ooni’ish’

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Very ooni’ish’
    Agree, I'd be very careful with this design and I am also curious if he can build this for a price which competes with Ooni.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Agree, I'd be very careful with this design and I am also curious if he can build this for a price which competes with Ooni.
    I know nothing about these ovens at all so as the OP I’d be interested to know the issues with the design before purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    I know nothing about these ovens at all so as the OP I’d be interested to know the issues with the design before purchase.
    I am just wondering if there is protection on the design or certain elements of it. Could become expensive if Ooni decide they are annoyed by copycats.

Call it a homage.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I am just wondering if there is protection on the design or certain elements of it. Could become expensive if Ooni decide they are annoyed by copycats.
    Ah I see, I guess that would be his issue but I would assume he’d have looked in to that.

There were a few changes he wanted to make which have now been tweaked, a few pics of the final product.
    I’m still to confirm costs but hopefully he’ll confirm today.

It appears an Ooni knockoff. Personally, I’d be very careful being associated with it.

That said, Ooni currently sold out on all lines so it’s perfect timing for a new entry.

Master
    That looks fantastic. Depending on price, I am interested....

I’m still interested,do you know how big it is ,width and length,is it similar to ooni

I’ve asked him a few questions regarding dimensions and potential copyright.
    I won’t be selling these and you would be dealing directly with the maker.
    All I’ll say guys is that this isn’t someone knocking them up in his garage, we’re talking a quality manufacturing company who supply a varied amount of products to all sectors.

Thread update: since I contacted him he decided to look at selling these full time ....So the answer to a few questions is that they are comparable to other portable sized ovens.
    He has a solicitor looking at copyright now however if there are any issues it’ll mean a slight design tweak in the body, his words..... no drama! So although the pics I’ve sent above will probably be the final product the body shape may changed slightly.
    He has an American company now who will likely supply the cooking stones so they maybe included also. Packaging and instructions will also be included.

He has 100 orders for Amazon to see how they go however all that are interested now on here will be from the first 50 run
    Price will be £170 delivered to your door

Amazon Price when ready will be around £199 plus delivery.
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 16th May 2020 at 10:46.

Master
    if I can add my 10p- id suggest a taller hopper or an attachment as it will eat pellets quicker than you can load it- I have an OOni 3
    Also just wondering on how pellets are contained inside

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    if I can add my 10p- id suggest a taller hopper or an attachment as it will eat pellets quicker than you can load it- I have an OOni 3
    Also just wondering on how pellets are contained inside
    Thanks and fed back to him with your questions asked 👍