closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slippers......am I missing a trick?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    The best thing that happened in this thread for Crocs boy was the sudden appearance of red trousers.
    Haha, love red trousers

The best thing that happened in this thread for Crocs boy was the sudden appearance of red trousers.
    http://lookatmyfuckingredtrousers.blogspot.com/

I love that site. Always pops up once in a while and always worth a click.

I must be weird as I favour the chequered variety of Vans Slip-ons - not that bothered about warm slippers, isn’t that what underfloor heating is for ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely everybody knows that the answer is a pair of these?

Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Journeyman
    Heating on slippers are just not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Surely everybody knows that the answer is a pair of these?

Why would you need two? Do you have exceptionally wide feet?

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Why would you need two? Do you have exceptionally wide feet?
    3:57 - 5:05

Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    3:57 - 5:05

Thanks for thatit was Billy Connolly I thought of when I saw that big slipper.
    I was pissin' my sides watching it and it's even funnier now.
    I noticed Denis Law, Ian St John and Brian Glover among others, in the audience

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Until I read this thread I didn’t even realise I needed slippers.
    Now I’ve ordered some VeraCosy grey and blue ones, sad old git that I am.
    Bought direct rather than through Amazon for £2 less and free shipping.
    Too much time on my hands is proving quite expensive.

If you can get past the name, these are my choice. On my second pair now, first lasted 6 or 7 years.

https://www.homeys.co.uk/?v=79cba1185463

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Slippers......... one word Sorel

They are the best for all round use and as a PSA, they are currently half price.

https://www.sorelfootwear.co.uk/p/me...9741_color=256

I *am* a size 9! And I like brown!

Ordered - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    I’m in the velvet house Shoe camp.

stylish around the home and good enough to go out in, which I do regularly

What brand are they?

Craftsman
    I've had loads of different pairs of slippers over the years, including some of the poncey/pricey type above, none have come close to the comfort of these cheap ones with a memory foam insole that I got from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CM4ZG23/
    Ordered!
    At that price got to worth a go.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Well I can't believe this thread has reached 3 pages long. I feel compelled though to finish off with one final point...........

Quote Originally Posted by RAFF View Post
    What’s wrong with flip flops?
    This.......

Quote Originally Posted by RAFF View Post

Master
    Well it does look like he’s wearing jeggings too, so flip flops seem appropriate lol

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    Well I can't believe this thread has reached 3 pages long. I feel compelled though to finish off with one final point...........

This.......

I’m glad you like it! I’ll PM you more shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Well it does look like he’s wearing jeggings too, so flip flops seem appropriate lol
    They are my tightest jeans. My leggings were in the wash.

He's got the full TOWIE outfit on I think. Probably has the inevitable Gucci tshirt and Tiffany bracelet on wandering down the locked down high street with fiat 500 keys in one hand and a smashed iPhone in the other.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    He's got the full TOWIE outfit on I think. Probably has the inevitable Gucci tshirt and Tiffany bracelet on wandering down the locked down high street with fiat 500 keys in one hand and a smashed iPhone in the other.
    Sorry to disappoint. That’s quite an imagination though!

Craftsman
    Disaster has struck and my darling wife has smugly informed me that she's finally (after much threatening) thrown my Sorel slippers away. She had a point - after 4 years of being worn in all conditions and surviving twins, they were past their best - leaving little bits of the rubber sole randomly round the house, driving her mad (amused me no end - until today) :(

Luckily, I remembered this thread from the start of lock down and am happily compiling a list of possible replacements - grippy soles (while lugging kids downstairs, and avoiding lego), size 13 and super warm being my main criteria - a pleasant way to spend the evening!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    I'll put an immediate vote in for Glerups slippers. Felted wool, comfy pretty much all year, with or without socks. I like the rubber soled one, it took me about 3.5 years to wear out my first pair, so they're pretty durable as well.
    Here's another vote for Glerups, from another Dave E.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My office is in the outbuilding and I have been suffering with cold feet, bought some Ugg boots for winter house wear. Very warm.

Have a look at these abominations, anything else is preferable , I reckon https://mountstreetshoecompany.com/men-slippers

How to waste a monkey without getting the WWF upset .

Quote Originally Posted by poloman View Post
    Disaster has struck and my darling wife has smugly informed me that she's finally (after much threatening) thrown my Sorel slippers away. She had a point - after 4 years of being worn in all conditions and surviving twins, they were past their best - leaving little bits of the rubber sole randomly round the house, driving her mad (amused me no end - until today) :(

Luckily, I remembered this thread from the start of lock down and am happily compiling a list of possible replacements - grippy soles (while lugging kids downstairs, and avoiding lego), size 13 and super warm being my main criteria - a pleasant way to spend the evening!
    Why not just get a new pair of Sorels? At 4 years for £65, you don't even need to employ man maths to justify them.

I think I might buy a pair. https://www.sorelfootwear.co.uk/p/me...olor=286&pos=8

Master
    Woolly Croc things for winter

Birkies for summer

I bought a pair of GIESSWEIN after recommendations in this thread last year.
    Had them since May and they are excellent.
    Would happily buy another pair when these disintegrate, because you never buy new slippers until the old ones fall off your feet.

Well I've now placed an order for some of the GIESSWEIN ones with 25% off.

Thank you all for taking part in my amusing and enlightening little thread.....you haven't let me down!

Some truly great suggestions (I did like the Mahabi's but too expensive for slippers IMHO) and some truly hideous......what an eclectic bunch we are.

Have a lovely weekend.
    I'm actually sitting here wearing the Giesswein that I bought last year with a smile on my face seeing this come up again. I've been really happy with them although the sole is wearing through quite quickly and I suspect I'll be looking for something new in a month or so. Maybe another pair of Giesswein if theirs a discount code knocking around or one of the other similar ones with a more robust sole.

Another thumbs up for Giesswein - I got some wool boot slippers from them, usually my slippers would be trashed by now but these are holding out, the best thing is they keep a good temperature and breathe due to being wool.

If sheepskin takes your fancy, these by Draper are the biz!

This is pair #3, and the other pairs managed at least a good 8 years service each. Much to my dismay, Madam chucked out the previous pair otherwise I could have shown you how well they er, settle in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve got a pair of Church slippers (think they are the Jason designation). Made in England and not worth the RRP

Homey's here.
    Comfy and cosy.

Cheers,

Adam.

I'm actually sitting here wearing the Giesswein that I bought last year with a smile on my face seeing this come up again. I've been really happy with them although the sole is wearing through quite quickly and I suspect I'll be looking for something new in a month or so. Maybe another pair of Giesswein if theirs a discount code knocking around or one of the other similar ones with a more robust sole.
    As a little excuse to keep this slightly ridiculous thread ongoing....I've just ordered a new pair of Giesswein as I'm now a true convert. I've even gone for the more expensive ones with a thicker sole as believe it or not the 25% Discount Code from last year still works.

Blog Entries
    As a little excuse to keep this slightly ridiculous thread ongoing....I've just ordered a new pair of Giesswein as I'm now a true convert. I've even gone for the more expensive ones with a thicker sole as believe it or not the 25% Discount Code from last year still works.
    What’s the code?

Quote Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
    Giesswein FTW

Beautifully made - pure wool are cool in summer, warm in winter.

https://uk.giesswein.com/collections/men-wool-slippers

Use UK25 for 25% off and free shipping
    From page 1....the gift that keeps on giving.

Good bump, just ordered another pair with the same 25% code. Went a bit different this time so I can tell the difference between old and new

LOL - I kid you not this thread has been at the back of my mind for a year and I really want a quality pair of slippers. Frustratingly I had received a pair of average high street slippers for Christmas 2019 so was determined to revisit the recommendations here when they had worn out. In truth there's probably another winter of life despite practically living in them through lockdown, but this discount code still being valid was too good to pass up. So my Giesswein Veitsch in anthracite will be with me in a few days - now I have to take a power sander to my current pair to justify the arrival...
    The Giesswein website is having a good night tonight

Master
    Good bump, just ordered another pair with the same 25% code. Went a bit different this time so I can tell the difference between old and new
    Ended up with the green soles, but needed something better than the Ugg’s that were too hot & falling apart. Thanks for the heads up & the mention of a code

Craftsman
    I went with Gumbies, they are class and made out of recycled plastic and have a decent sole on them plus you can replace the insole.
    Currently completely sold out but worth the wait, 1 size smaller is advised.
    https://www.gumbies.co.uk/collection...s-charcoal-red

Thanks just used code, first pair of these so hopefully fit
    From page 1....the gift that keeps on giving.
    Sent from my SM-G988B using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Arrived today, not sure what I was expecting.

Soles are really thin, but I’ve just stepped out of my 3yr old Ugg slippers, so anything will feel strange.

Very nice quality and going for the light summer slipper for when I work from home - amtico floor throughout so need a bit of cushion / something more than socks on my feet.

For some reason I keep tripping up stairs on them, 4 times in the last hour, they seem to hook / grip to the wooden bullnose edge.

They are thin which is a bit weird at first but I prefer them like that now.

Mine were meant to come Friday and were at the depot about 3 miles away but are now on the other side of London somehow and due Monday.

Master
    They are thin which is a bit weird at first but I prefer them like that now.

Mine were meant to come Friday and were at the depot about 3 miles away but are now on the other side of London somehow and due Monday.
    Was amazed they arrived so quickly, given FedEx were involved. Last week I was due a delivery for 4 days before it arrives 8am Saturday.

Wring time to ask, but do they bobble with the wool?

Thin is certainly different, but can see the way it appeals - have been using the last few months to break in boat shoes & loafers.

Clearly these are very different. Cannot see anything better at the price, especially those M'branded things, whose name I have forgotten at £100 a pair

Was amazed they arrived so quickly, given FedEx were involved. Last week I was due a delivery for 4 days before it arrives 8am Saturday.

Wring time to ask, but do they bobble with the wool?

Thin is certainly different, but can see the way it appeals - have been using the last few months to break in boat shoes & loafers.

Clearly these are very different. Cannot see anything better at the price, especially those M'branded things, whose name I have forgotten at £100 a pair
    These are mine after exactly 1 year of use. The shipping email is 5th May 2020.

I have wide feet so don't push my toes to the top which is why the heel is a bit stamped on.

Can get a bit sweaty if worn without socks in the summer.

Never bother with slippers… but the diabetic nurse told me off about walking around in bare feet.

So joined my sons and it’s sliders all the time at home…..

Master
    These are mine after exactly 1 year of use. The shipping email is 5th May 2020.

I have wide feet so don't push my toes to the top which is why the heel is a bit stamped on.

Can get a bit sweaty if worn without socks in the summer.
    Thanks- happy with that for the age, thank you.

A few days in and very happy. Feet temperature nicely regulated and not getting too hot (the wool I guess). Quite thick soles and firm arch support took a couple of days to get used to but overall delighted

Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    A few days in and very happy. Feet temperature nicely regulated and not getting too hot (the wool I guess). Quite thick soles and firm arch support took a couple of days to get used to but overall delighted

Off the back of this thread I’ve ordered a pair of the same slippers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post

Think I might get these as my winter slippers. Damn this place.