closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Little TV Problem

Master

Little TV Problem

Got an issue with my tv at home and after suggestions.

In my plant cupboard i have this

At the bottom of the picture i have my CCTV part, cameras come into the DVR then to the modulator and thru a VGA Converter.

The Vga Converter died and i replaced it with a visibly identical item from ebay, this sends the signal into the Loftbox using the white wire,cameras were now viewable on the TV. Within 3m of this the picture is fine but downstairs i have a noisey picture or snow. Now i have checked all connectors and they seem good and it was viewable on all screen with the old VGA box.

CCTV parts

New VGA Converter

Picture problem

I suspect the signal is a bit weak to make it all the way downstairs and i need to boost it a bit, What would i need to buy and where to put it, between the loftbox and the VGA?, Downstairs at the back of the problem TV?

Is the problem something else?

Master
    Have same sort of thing but using HDMI over Cat 6. If you have facility to get an ethernet cable to run between the two then the hdmi converters are great and crystal clear picture.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Difficult one. You only need a single strand of the outer brading to short either the centre to cause that issue.
    Apart from double checking the route back to the downstairs TV and it's connections, I would also check the connection at the wall box that connects it.
    Also if the modulater has an adjustable frequency shift it might be worth trying that to see if the might be cross channel interference. It would only need the tiniest adjustment, however that would also affect the other TV's.
    Whilst adjusting it get someone to view the downstairs TV to see what happens.

check that your VGA converter actually has the drive to do what you want, especially as you bought it from some chancer on Ebay

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Have same sort of thing but using HDMI over Cat 6. If you have facility to get an ethernet cable to run between the two then the hdmi converters are great and crystal clear picture.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Not impossible but very last resort

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Difficult one. You only need a single strand of the outer brading to short either the centre to cause that issue.
    Apart from double checking the route back to the downstairs TV and it's connections, I would also check the connection at the wall box that connects it.
    Also if the modulater has an adjustable frequency shift it might be worth trying that to see if the might be cross channel interference. It would only need the tiniest adjustment, however that would also affect the other TV's.
    Whilst adjusting it get someone to view the downstairs TV to see what happens.

Will redo the connections. it must be on the output from the box for that tv or at the back of the set as on other screens its all fine.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    check that your VGA converter actually has the drive to do what you want, especially as you bought it from some chancer on Ebay

I do tend to sort my ebay purchases by lowest first.I dont know what you mean by drive?

Master
    Maybe the TV needs retuning?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MCFastybloke View Post
    I do tend to sort my ebay purchases by lowest first.I dont know what you mean by drive?
    It is the amount of current the device is capable of delivering, the more current the effect of the wire will be less, also the input sensitivity of the other end will make a difference

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Yep, very true. 40 years ago as a student I had a house-mate who liked to going to bed really late and keeping me awake. I noticed the coax was just outside my bedroom window, so when I went to bed (after 10/15mins) I would stick a drawing pin into the coax. Picture was so bad, he would go to bed. It sort of backfired on me - one day I came home to no tv. He had complained to the landlord, who took the tv away for repair. I contacted her to confess. She asked me if a week's rest would suffice.

Master
    Had a few minutes yesterday and found the outlet behind the Tv in question makes a high pitch whine when the cctv/analogue is displayed so i have ordered a new one.

Master
    Always best to try to isolate the problem by trying different combinations.

So you have a CCTV feed and a TV feed. Is the TV picture fine on all of the TV's including the one that struggles with the CCTV feed?
    If you remove the tv aerial feed does that make any difference to the CCTV picture on the TV in question and vice versa?
    If you remove the feeds going from the signal booster to other TV's so you only have one output does the picture change on the problem TV?
    If not try plugging that output into a different output socket
    If you can get it to work fine on its own, then start re-loading the signal by adding back other output feedback cables 1 by 1 and see what happens
    Double check the CCTV feed is plugged into the correct input and try switching the input socket too

Master
    Sorted it, found an old 2 way amp in a cupboard and gave it a whirl, took a few attempts as i had 5 identical ports for F connectors and the label had left the building. Now have pin sharp pictures for CCtV downstairs. Thanks all.