closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Laco Divers watches (and Laco in general).

Master

Laco Divers watches (and Laco in general).

Folks,

I have been interested in the newish Laco divers; Amazonas / Himalaya / Mojave. Any thoughts? They seem decent value; ceramic lumed bezel, decent movement (some more expensive 'boutique' brands use low end Seiko stuff), seems a decent manufacture (I doubt they have Chinese cases). I can't really afford one right now - and if I could I would still probably wait for the 'Caribbean' of this parish), but I was just wondering what the experts on here through of Laco?

Given the slow creep up of 'boutique' prices (bar Eddie, to his credit), the Laco stuff seems good value.

By the way, yes I know there is a search engine, yes I am sure there is another Laco thread, but I am being lazy and there is no forum rule about not repeating threads (see: anything about Rolex).

They're somewhat in the shadow of Sinn, and even Damasko, but they certainly make some very attractive watches (LOVE the Frankfurt GMT!), and they are good VFM.

My money went on Damasko in the end, chiefly because of the hardened-steel cases and bezels.

Be worth looking at Hanhart, Tutima, Stowa and possibly Archimede for alternatives, too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    They're somewhat in the shadow of Sinn, and even Damasko, but they certainly make some very attractive watches (LOVE the Frankfurt GMT!), and they are good VFM.

My money went on Damasko in the end, chiefly because of the hardened-steel cases and bezels.

Be worth looking at Hanhart, Tutima, Stowa and possibly Archimede for alternatives, too.
    That's exactly my thought, I really love Tutima as well (once passed on my pick of anything in their whole Ti range at half price because they were gathering dust in a UK AD...and I walked away. Fool), but I think I agree, it is hard to beat the technical advantages of the Damasko's. But the Laco divers are £4-500 less than the D's which is a decent chunk (and lower price than other rivals like Tutima and even Archimede). As stuff goes, the Laco's are keenly priced. And I have a love of a lumed bezel

That sounds like Decision Made to me!

Don't really think you go wrong with any of them.

Craftsman
    I do like the look of those laco squad watches, nice touches of colour. I was very tempted to order one recently but have already got a damasko da46 which looks pretty similar.

Blog Entries
    I like Laco, had a few B Uhrs now and they were always very well put together. My first thoughts when I saw this new range? Well at least we know who Fricker is making cases for now. I particularly like the PVD diver on bracelet, but I would want deep discounting to buy new. In my experience the best way to buy is on German eBay, usually at least 25% off.

Quote Originally Posted by Crouchy View Post
    I like Laco, had a few B Uhrs now and they were always very well put together. My first thoughts when I saw this new range? Well at least we know who Fricker is making cases for now. I particularly like the PVD diver on bracelet, but I would want deep discounting to buy new. In my experience the best way to buy is on German eBay, usually at least 25% off.
    Interesting advice re German eBay - I will have to check it out.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Derivative View Post
    Interesting advice re German eBay - I will have to check it out.
    As far as I can see, prices on German ebay are no cheaper.

Grand Master
    Just started using German eBay again, a good source of watch parts if you can work out the lingo......auto-translation isn`t much help. In the past I used it a lot, but I could do with a refresher course in German!

Very happy with my Laco Augsberg. I paid £220 for it a few years ago, I see they're now £390-ish.

It's a quality piece, was very pleasantly surprised with it at £220.