closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Another Expedition review

Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Lovely to see the positive publicity, but something of a shame that they didn’t research the Expedition history itself.

I actually just tried to buy one. My birthday is May 4th so I guess the reopening of the shop is going to be timely

Craftsman
    Great article Eddie, and hats off to you on such a wonderful watch. He did get one thing wrong as I believe that it is a nod to the Smiths A454 that was worn on the Trans-Antarctic expedition not to the summit of Everest, guess he didn't read the info on the watch at TimeFactors. Great story and coverage.

Master
    Nice - and even better it linked to Timefactors

Master
    I don’t understand the comment that £325 isn’t cheap. What does he think it should cost?

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    I don’t understand the comment that £325 isn’t cheap. What does he think it should cost?
    Let's hope he knows more about whiskey than he knows about watches.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Lovely to see the positive publicity, but something of a shame that they didn’t research the Expedition history itself.

I actually just tried to buy one. My birthday is May 4th so I guess the reopening of the shop is going to be timely
    Tony,

An early Happy Birthday wish is in order and that would be a wonderful gift indeed,

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    Tony,

An early Happy Birthday wish is in order and that would be a wonderful gift indeed,

Brian
    Cheers Brian, and yes it would

May the 4th be with you!

(Couldn't resist, sorry.)

I do like the Expedition. I've got a white dialled Everest and really like it, but I've decided I'm going to add an Expedition when I'm more solvent again. I wasn't sure I'd get on with the 36mm size, but with the white dial I'm enjoying it.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Journeyman
    Grey skies, a salty cool breeze, endless green fields, the sound of seagulls.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    To be fair, 400 Euro is A LOT of money. We often forget that in the watch world, and then say nonsense like "affordable 1200 Euro watch".

However, that doesn't mean he thinks the watch should be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by sier View Post
    To be fair, 400 Euro is A LOT of money. We often forget that in the watch world, and then say nonsense like "affordable 1200 Euro watch".

I totally disagree. I see so many fashion rubbish watches being sold at 400 Euro, somebody must be buying them. In the context of that, a watch like the Expedition, to me, a "go anywhere, do anything watch", it's dirt cheap. The looks are just extra.

It looks like the next reopening date is now 17th May, Tony

Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post
    Bloody hell, it was the 3rd when I looked

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post

I do like the Expedition. I've got a white dialled Everest and really like it, but I've decided I'm going to add an Expedition when I'm more solvent again. I wasn't sure I'd get on with the 36mm size, but with the white dial I'm enjoying it.

Compared to the Expedition the white dialled Everest looks, well..."clinical". The red-seconds of the Expedition brings up the creaminess of the two-step dial. And the secs counter-balance is something else. It has hardly been off my wrist since it arrived.

If the Expedition did not exist I probably would have had the white dial Everest. I am currently waiting to see how the white PRS-48 (Mk11) turns out.
    Last edited by abraxas; 27th April 2020 at 23:28.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post
    I was also expecting an earlier reopening, I will have to wait for another month to get the Expedition...

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post

Compared to the Expedition the white dialled Everest looks, well..."clinical". The red-seconds of the Expedition brings up the creaminess of the two-step dial. And the secs counter-balance is something else. It has hardly been off my wrist since it arrived.

If the Expedition did not exist I probably would have had the white dial Everest. I am currently waiting to see how the white PRS-48 (Mk11) turns out.
    Great shot of a great watch. I to am anxiously awaiting to see the prototypes of the PRS-48 MK11 as it is the next one I am looking at adding to my small military/ field watch collection.