closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Audi Car PCP Mess...

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    if you're a petrolhead and are willing to spunk the coin go for it,
    Surprised to hear a Jocko who's happy to 'part wi't brass' as they say in my part of Yorkshire. Like we Yorkys, they do have a reputation for being 'careful' (aka tight gits).

Joking aside, if you can genuinely afford to spend on something you enjoy then it's the right thing to do......but only if you can afford it and you're happy with the expenditure.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Surprised to hear a Jocko who's happy to 'part wi't brass' as they say in my part of Yorkshire. Like we Yorkys, they do have a reputation for being 'careful' (aka tight gits).
    Indeed! Drop a coin and it hits us on the back of the head!

UPDATE:

The AUDI dealership have offered quite a reduced chunk of the up front deposit regardless to take the car by the end of this month.
    They have also offered reduced monthlies (by changing up to a 4 year PCP from 3 yr) with the option to VT after 34months.
    I'm actually considering, as it would be affordable this way, but have never VT'd before, anyone know if there are any drawbacks to VT? Cause it seems this way, I'd save quite a bit (comparing the 34 months up to VT - with the original 3yr contract over the same period).
    Again advice appreciated, especially from those who may have gone down this route.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post
    UPDATE:

The AUDI dealership have offered quite a reduced chunk of the up front deposit regardless to take the car by the end of this month.
    They have also offered reduced monthlies (by changing up to a 4 year PCP from 3 yr) with the option to VT after 34months.
    I'm actually considering, as it would be affordable this way, but have never VT'd before, anyone know if there are any drawbacks to VT? Cause it seems this way, I'd save quite a bit (comparing the 34 months up to VT - with the original 3yr contract over the same period).
    Again advice appreciated, especially from those who may have gone down this route.
    I VT’d my last PCP which incidentally was an Audi. Completely pain free and straightforward. Once you start the process you can’t change your mind. Someone will come out and assess the cars condition and you will be billed accordingly. I wasn’t billed anything. Following that they’ll arrange a date to collect.

I believe it appears on your credit history but will show as being paid off straightaway. It’s not affected me getting a new PCP or mortgage.

Over the years I’ve done it three times and I can see me doing it again in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you happy that your future income is safe, or as safe as it can be? Don't be dazzled by the shiny toys!

Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    Are you happy that your future income is safe, or as safe as it can be? Don't be dazzled by the shiny toys!
    You posted this on a watch forum?

Lolz.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

UPDATE:

I’m sure this will not be a one-off-take-it-or-leave-it deal. This will be new normal across the car market.

It’s firmly now a buyers market.

Master
    UPDATE:

Slightly different but someone I know has a personal contract hire deal and he was under the impression he could terminate as he’d paid 24 months out of 36 (so over half) and asked to terminate and they sent him a figure of nearly the last 12 months as an early redemption penalty. I know that’s pch and not pcp but he thought (as did I) that you could terminate if you’d paid over half.

So I’d say just check the small print to be sure, but it sounds a good deal. I would add that taking it from 3 to 4 years has always made quotes I’ve got look cheaper but you’re paying it much longer. The VT I guess gives you the get out option so good I’d say.

Audi Car PCP Mess...

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Slightly different but someone I know has a personal contract hire deal and he was under the impression he could terminate as he’d paid 24 months out of 36 (so over half) and asked to terminate and they sent him a figure of nearly the last 12 months as an early redemption penalty. I know that’s pch and not pcp but he thought (as did I) that you could terminate if you’d paid over half.

So I’d say just check the small print to be sure, but it sounds a good deal. I would add that taking it from 3 to 4 years has always made quotes I’ve got look cheaper but you’re paying it much longer. The VT I guess gives you the get out option so good I’d say.
    PCH is a lease. PCP is a form of hire purchase. The rights are different as you mention. VT is not exactly halfway through in most cases either. It’s all about total amount payable.
    Last edited by Gavbaz; 13th May 2020 at 22:26.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I’m sure this will not be a one-off-take-it-or-leave-it deal. This will be new normal across the car market.

You would think that wouldn’t you. However a couple of issues. Most manufacturers stopped making cars. This means wait times increased. Used car won’t be ‘given away’ either.........yet.

This has not been your typical market slowdown. It has stopped along with everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyp1973 View Post
    I VT’d my last PCP which incidentally was an Audi. Completely pain free and straightforward. Once you start the process you can’t change your mind. Someone will come out and assess the cars condition and you will be billed accordingly. I wasn’t billed anything. Following that they’ll arrange a date to collect.

I believe it appears on your credit history but will show as being paid off straightaway. It’s not affected me getting a new PCP or mortgage.

Over the years I’ve done it three times and I can see me doing it again in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Excellent , thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    As happy as I can be in these uncertain times, but the VT certainly helps and with PCP I understand I can also part exchange at any time if the figures work in my favour.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post

I agree eventually that may well be the case but not atm, as the closure of the factories means very limited supply is available.

Master
    Excellent , thank you

As happy as I can be in these uncertain times, but the VT certainly helps and with PCP I understand I can also part exchange at any time if the figures work in my favour.

I agree eventually that may well be the case but not atm, as the closure of the factories means very limited supply is available.
    I guess it must differ with some manufacturers then but I have VT’ed a car twice and on both occasions it was inspected and then driven away by the same guy on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post

Yep, double checked and got it in writing. So seems all good, may well take the deal now

I VT'd an Audi and took out a new Audi PCP on the same day.

It was the Audi Finance guy at the local dealership who checked the car over and did the new PCP deal ……….no issues at all.

His only word of advice was not to do it a lot , just in case VW-Audi finance declined the next PCP deal for me , albeit he did know of an exact example of this happening at his dealership.

Anyway, on the one occasion I did it , it was a flawless transaction

UPDATE: