closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SOTC - Enicar Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarris View Post
    I thought I'd update the thread with 3 new editions that have recently landed...

I took a bit of a punt on a 37mm Big Eye as I'd always liked them and the price was good but thought it would be too small for me and I could move it on after trying it without losing too much money on it. Turns out I love the 37mm cases and they wear more akin to a 39mm case due to the dial going right up the edge of the case and the small lugs on it.

One month after the first one landed I now have 3 of them. The Big Eyes pack a Valjoux 234 and the 3 sub-dial Mitter (so-called as this was the watch worn by the racing driver Gerhard Mitter who died at the Nürburgring in 1969) has a Valjoux 72 tucked away inside.

Now I've tried them, I have to say that these models are probably the most under-valued Enicar watches on the market. Most collectors (like me) probably think they're too small. I can happily say they wear bigger than the specs suggest
    Nice additions

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarris View Post
    That one and the Mitter were from Chrono24. A bit of haggling and a few questions and the deals were easy enough. The blue dial was from Instagram from a dealer

I try to keep an eye on most places where watches are listed which is easier to do when you're just focused on one brand that's not too common.

Steve
    Do you mind if I ask - why the focus on Enicar?

Craftsman
    How many peeps have a single brand collection and even if your enamoured with a particular one, why exclude adding selected others that I’m sure must catch your eye?

It is a great collection and and these enicar examples are certainly distinctive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just my personal preference to focus on one brand only. I like to know as much as possible about what I'm collecting and unfortunately with my job, I dont have as much time as I'd like to become an expert in more than one vintage brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Do you mind if I ask - why the focus on Enicar?
    I think I mostly covered that in the opening post. If you'd like to know anything more, ask away

Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    Nice additions
    Thanks Bob
    Last edited by SteveHarris; 24th May 2020 at 18:56.

Blog Entries
    Really lovely collection…. Such a good brand with interesting design

Fantastic to see something vintage and a little different

As I know - these rarer watches don’t fall into your lap…. Takes a lot of research and persistence to balance model/ quality and price!

Took me nearly 3 years of hunting to get my last watch!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Lovely collect collection. Owned and moved on a Polish Military Compressor diver (Mark 1) with MW case-back and engraved and numerals on case side. Great watch and great size. The chronographs run a Valjoux 72.

M