closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Quartz watch suggestions.

Quartz watch suggestions.

Just throwing this out to see what the forum collective come up with. The criteria are:

1) Quartz
    2) 36-39mm
    3) At least 100m WR
    4) No black or white dials
    5) £500 or less (preowned or new)

Coming out top for me so far is the blue Longines Hydroconquest 39mm, but it doesn’t have to be a dive watch.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    Just throwing this out to see what the forum collective come up with. The criteria are:

1) Quartz
    2) 36-39mm
    3) At least 100m WR

Coming out top for me so far is the blue Longines Hydroconquest 39mm, but it doesn’t have to be a dive watch.
    Nearest that I can think of is the blue faced versions of these https://www.vaerwatches.com/collections/quartz-watches but 40mm.

I had one and was impressed with the value but sold it as I couldn't get on with the crown.

The following don't fit your criteria, but they are quartz. I have both of them and they're just cracking:
    https://www.timefactors.com/precistaprs10s.htm
    https://www.scurfawatches.com/produc...d1-500-yellow/

Craftsman
    +1 for longines.. looks good and keep excellent time..

The diver one looks pretty smart. If only I didn't have a yellow faced watch already.

The Conquest and Hydroconquest are both well worth a look; I'd also take a look at Certina DS Action models - although 41mm and 43mm, they wear surprisingly small.

Davosa Vintage Divers are worth a look too -

Alpina's 38mm "Extreme Diver" range appeals to my eye (FWLTW!):

Scurfa's got to be worth a look - 40mm, but again, they don't wear big.

A tricky one with no white or black dial allowed.

How about going left field, here is one and it has a high accuracy 8J81 movement rated at 10 secs a year.

Great quality fit and finish as well. An older Credor.

Mitch

Master
    I have the 39mm HC with the black dial and it's my grab and go watch if I can't be bothered/don't have time to set a mechanical watch. It came with a red bezel as I wanted a bit of colour for a holiday, but now has a black bezel fitted because I'm boring that way.
    It's well built, quite slim, and as you would expect, keeps very good time. The crown guard are a bit Marmite, but I find it perfectly comfortable.

Craftsman
    Various colours of the khaki field quartz meet that spec.

Craftsman
    Timex Navi Harbour 38mm:

My stock answer to such a question is a Citizen PMD56..you can get it with a black face or dark green face...most of my collection inc GS and the likes has been culled and the PMD56 has been my faithful companion ...so much so I bought a spare...eco drive, duratec titanium, lovely domed sapphire, superb accuracy, fantastic Ti bracelet and made in japan quality...and in your price range...best of luck with your decision !...oh and I know it has a black face but the Casio Oceanus range is superb too

Thank you all. Some good suggestions there, a few I hadn’t even considered.

Apprentice
    Certina is one of the best offer for this price range. And you get it new at this price which is always a big plus

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Ellietwed View Post
    My stock answer to such a question is a Citizen PMD56..you can get it with a black face or dark green face...most of my collection inc GS and the likes has been culled and the PMD56 has been my faithful companion ...so much so I bought a spare...eco drive, duratec titanium, lovely domed sapphire, superb accuracy, fantastic Ti bracelet and made in japan quality...and in your price range...best of luck with your decision !...oh and I know it has a black face but the Casio Oceanus range is superb too
    This has lead me to the Citizen BN0118-12L. Looks to be a contender! Although I keep having a look at the Prs10q, yes it had a black dial but it very much ticks every other box!

Another Citizen for consideration is this Eco Drive BN151 - great value and solar powered!

Last edited by dkpw; 22nd April 2020 at 01:04.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
    I have the 39mm HC with the black dial and it's my grab and go watch if I can't be bothered/don't have time to set a mechanical watch. It came with a red bezel as I wanted a bit of colour for a holiday, but now has a black bezel fitted because I'm boring that way.
    It's well built, quite slim, and as you would expect, keeps very good time. The crown guard are a bit Marmite, but I find it perfectly comfortable.
    How old is your hydro ??
    I think it's pretty difficult to get a genuine 39mm HC these days??
    Plenty of 39mm HC on Ebay but most are fake.

I’ve always liked that watch and nearly bought one when I was in Thailand on holiday a year ago. The price difference wasn’t that great I comparison to buying here so passed. But will be tempted again as a holiday watch. If we ever get to go on holiday!!

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Another Citizen for consideration is this Eco Drive BN151 - great value and solar powered!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    They're a bit rare on the second hand market, but do turn up from time to time well within your price range: Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

Master
    If you're now considering black dial watches this Citizen would be high up my list
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Citizen-Qua...d_i=B00THEUGM2

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post

1) Quartz
    2) 36-39mm
    3) At least 100m WR

Seiko SNDA chronograph, 100m WR, a range of styles and dial colours and has the crazy 1/20 sec dial.

Master
    Used Tag Heuer F1

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    How old is your hydro ??
    I think it's pretty difficult to get a genuine 39mm HC these days??
    Plenty of 39mm HC on Ebay but most are fake.
    I bought it in 2016, it's the MK2 with fully brushed bracelet not PCL's, and 1,2,3,4, numbering. The best priced sellers were Iconic Watches (grey dealer, but with a bricks and mortar shop in the UK), Goldsmiths wouldn't price match so lost the sale.

I mever wear battery operated quartz watches because I find them always with a dead battery.... replacing it is really a bummer... well, having to go and buy one or have it fitted.
    Go solar! Go solar!

BUBI 0_0

Quote Originally Posted by bubi View Post
    I mever wear battery operated quartz watches because I find them always with a dead battery.... replacing it is really a bummer... well, having to go and buy one or have it fitted.
    Go solar! Go solar!

BUBI 0_0
    I have the same mindset, but since it's not a requirement in this thread, this Tissot first came to my mind:

Vintage?I found and serviced beautiful Seiko king quartz (36mm), back in the 70's this was quite expensive...

Poslano sa mog FRD-L09 koriste?i Tapatalk