closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 174

Thread: Show us your mountain bike...

  1. #51
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    604
    Owning a bike shop means I get pick of the bunch but my last personal build was this.

    2020 Santa Cruz Megatower CC, X01 Eagle, Whyte Trail carbon wheels on Hope hubs, Lyrik RCT3 forks, Carbon bars etc etc.


  2. #52
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,874
    Orbea Rallon for me. Perfect do-it-all machine. Handles EWS stages with ease, and I even bagged 2nd in a local XC race on it. Love this bike.


  3. #53
    Craftsman goregasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    St Helens
    Posts
    912
    My 2018 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, all stock apart from the pedals which I replaced with DMR V8ís last year


  4. #54
    Got this 2 months ago. Hand built by a good friend using different makes / parts. Steel ragley
    https://postimg.cc/WDBSVN7t

  5. #55
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bucks. UK.
    Posts
    1,249
    Specialized Stumpjumper 29er Hardtail
    Bought from Kerry on this forum from his ad:
    Full Carbon, Hope Pro 2 Handbuilt Wheels, Hope Evo Brakeset with Braided Cables, 1 x 10 Gearing, S-Works Carbon Bars, S-Works Carbon Barends, S-Works Seatpost, Every nut and bolt is Titanium.



    Cube HPC Stereo 27.5 Carbon

  6. #56
    Master amnesia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    2,619
    Blog Entries
    1
    My 2017 Giant XTC Advanced 29er...



    Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk

  7. #57
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    444

    Show us your mountain bike...

    Its nothing comparison to some of these but I enjoyed building it


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by J3w3ll3r; 25th April 2020 at 00:24.

  8. #58
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogmanfan View Post
    Orbea Rallon for me. Perfect do-it-all machine. Handles EWS stages with ease, and I even bagged 2nd in a local XC race on it. Love this bike.

    Lovely. If/when I ever come to the point where I need to replace the Bronson, a Rallon will be extremely high on the list.

  9. #59
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4
    Iíve dusted off my old Trek carbon fibre bike. Runs like a dream

  10. #60

    Anyone here do their own maintenence?

    The forks on my Ginat Terrago have seized through neglect and inactivity.
    I`ve seen a few vids showing how MB forks come apart - usually by undoing a screw on the bottom of the fork which releases the damper rod/gubbins inside. The lowers can then be pulled off.
    On my bike there is a `nut` on the bottom but has no flats, it`s not a hex, it looks to me like it was assembled with a shear nut, could this be correct?
    So maintenence and repairs were not meant to be carried out on these (cheapy) forks, or is there another method to fork dissasembly on this type?

  11. #61
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    The forks on my Ginat Terrago have seized through neglect and inactivity.
    I`ve seen a few vids showing how MB forks come apart - usually by undoing a screw on the bottom of the fork which releases the damper rod/gubbins inside. The lowers can then be pulled off.
    On my bike there is a `nut` on the bottom but has no flats, it`s not a hex, it looks to me like it was assembled with a shear nut, could this be correct?
    So maintenence and repairs were not meant to be carried out on these (cheapy) forks, or is there another method to fork dissasembly on this type?
    What forks are they, air or spring and have the stanchions rusted ??
    If they're really cheap I'd throw them away and start again

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    Nothing special, but my Bianchi has definitely staved off the boredom over the past few weeks-

    [IMG][/IMG]
    Sweet. Mrs Goat has a mint Bianchi pulse 9100- a full carbon hardtail
    Itís like a pedal powered MV Augusta, sadly not used much as we went over to e-bikes last year

  13. #63
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Sweet. Mrs Goat has a mint Bianchi pulse 9100- a full carbon hardtail
    Itís like a pedal powered MV Augusta, sadly not used much as we went over to e-bikes last year
    I was walking over Winter Hill on the West Pennine Moor yesterday when 2 lads went past on Santa Cruz full sussers.
    Behind them went 2 70+ olds on Ebikes, and were catching them rapidly.
    What models did you get ??

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

  14. #64
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,022
    Quote Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
    My 2017 Giant XTC Advanced 29er...



    Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk

    Lovely bike. Carbon rims?

  15. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    What forks are they, air or spring and have the stanchions rusted ??
    If they're really cheap I'd throw them away and start again
    Haven`t got a clue, it`s nothing special just a Giant Terrago;



    Yes, the stanchions are a bit rusty, and i can see a spring when i remove the fork caps but can`t get the spring to come out - there`s little grip on it and for all know it may not come out that way or be siezed.

    Laying down any wedge on this bike is not an option, its fix it or leave it as-is. Fixing the forks is just a little furlough job to be tinkerin` with.

  16. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    I was walking over Winter Hill on the West Pennine Moor yesterday when 2 lads went past on Santa Cruz full sussers.
    Behind them went 2 70+ olds on Ebikes, and were catching them rapidly.
    What models did you get ??

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
    We live in the rural bit of the new forest where there is a superb bike shop called the woods cyclery, run by real enthusiasts. after a lot of shopping around and advice from everyone including my nephew who is an ex workshop manager, pro rider and now technical manager for Shimano, we went with 2 Cube ebikes- mine is a Cube Reaction hardtail with Bosch cx performance kit and a neat SRAM eagle chainset 1x11, Mrs Goats is slightly more upmarket, called, I think a Cube Access with better info display but same motor etc. both will easily do a 60 mile trip with some power left.
    Only downside so far is that being heavy, they are more prone to punctures (it seems) on our local gravel roads where theres a bit of gorse about.....so looking for tubeless conversions with sealant of some sort or the liners to put between tyre and tube.
    Great fun and importantly we actually use these whereas the older pedal bikes were seeing less and less use.
    Though I'd really recommend ours, I'm sure theres plenty of good stuff around.- do check the predicted battery life in terms of charging cycles- Bosch seem good whereas others not so, and they're expensive to replace.

  17. #67
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    We live in the rural bit of the new forest where there is a superb bike shop called the woods cyclery, run by real enthusiasts. after a lot of shopping around and advice from everyone including my nephew who is an ex workshop manager, pro rider and now technical manager for Shimano, we went with 2 Cube ebikes- mine is a Cube Reaction hardtail with Bosch cx performance kit and a neat SRAM eagle chainset 1x11, Mrs Goats is slightly more upmarket, called, I think a Cube Access with better info display but same motor etc. both will easily do a 60 mile trip with some power left.
    Only downside so far is that being heavy, they are more prone to punctures (it seems) on our local gravel roads where theres a bit of gorse about.....so looking for tubeless conversions with sealant of some sort or the liners to put between tyre and tube.
    Great fun and importantly we actually use these whereas the older pedal bikes were seeing less and less use.
    Though I'd really recommend ours, I'm sure theres plenty of good stuff around.- do check the predicted battery life in terms of charging cycles- Bosch seem good whereas others not so, and they're expensive to replace.
    Funny you should mention Cube because it was one of the Cube models that I saw last week.
    The bloke said he'd borrowed it off his mate and thought it'd cost about £2100 which isn't majorly expensive.
    Until then I'd never given Ebikes a thought and do more walking these days even though my knees have had it.
    One of my bikes had tubeless tyres on when I bought it, the other 2 don't.
    What size tyres are they ?


    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

  18. #68
    Master amnesia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    2,619
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ism123 View Post
    Lovely bike. Carbon rims?

    No - tubeless compatible Giant XC alloy rims although I am tempted by a pair of lightweight Hunt alloy hoops as an upgrade.

    I've got carbon wheels on my roadbike - not sure about the abuse they'd get on a MTB (I'm the wrong side of 90kg at the moment).

  19. #69
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Haven`t got a clue, it`s nothing special just a Giant Terrago;



    Yes, the stanchions are a bit rusty, and i can see a spring when i remove the fork caps but can`t get the spring to come out - there`s little grip on it and for all know it may not come out that way or be siezed.

    Laying down any wedge on this bike is not an option, its fix it or leave it as-is. Fixing the forks is just a little furlough job to be tinkerin` with.
    Hahaha I know about the tinkering, I do more of that that riding.
    You should be able to get better forks than those for about 20 quid or so.

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

  20. #70
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Haven`t got a clue, it`s nothing special just a Giant Terrago;



    Yes, the stanchions are a bit rusty, and i can see a spring when i remove the fork caps but can`t get the spring to come out - there`s little grip on it and for all know it may not come out that way or be siezed.

    Laying down any wedge on this bike is not an option, its fix it or leave it as-is. Fixing the forks is just a little furlough job to be tinkerin` with.
    If theyíre seized, just take it to mean itís now a rigid bike!

    I suspect that any internal seals will have long since perished on those, just not an economical fix I donít think.

    Chuck a set of new tyres on it, sort the chain and gears, and off you go.

  21. #71
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    the County Palatine
    Posts
    1,207
    I want the Kesteven specced one of these with the drops.

    Nice

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    On one bootzipper 650b. I prefer no suspension and it's quite difficult to find a fully rigid mountain bike so I was happy to find this from planet x. Only been on a few short rides but first impressions are good.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  22. #72
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Only downside so far is that being heavy, they are more prone to punctures (it seems) on our local gravel roads where theres a bit of gorse about.....so looking for tubeless conversions with sealant of some sort or the liners to put between tyre and tube.
    Tubeless is great, but itís not maintenance free, and you do need to replace/top up the tubeless fluid a couple of times a year.

    Itís easy enough to do though if your rims are tubeless ready, but for your use Iíd just get a set of slime tubes or similar. Fixes the majority of punctures before you know about them, bit heavier than a standard tube but on an e-bike that wonít be a problem.

    https://shop.slime.com/collections/s...-bicycle-tubes

  23. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Chuck a set of new tyres on it, sort the chain and gears, and off you go.
    That`s exactly what i`ve done, but with tyres at ~60psi and no suspension you certainly feel every bump in the road don`t you. If i run over a bug i can tell how many legs it`s got..

    I`ve just had another go at the forks (got the springs out this time but didn`t help) using some serious lump hammer and steel drift action (watches regulated, anyone?).
    I stopped before something irreparable happened.

  24. #74
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    That`s exactly what i`ve done, but with tyres at ~60psi and no suspension you certainly feel every bump in the road don`t you. If i run over a bug i can tell how many legs it`s got..

    I`ve just had another go at the forks (got the springs out this time but didn`t help) using some serious lump hammer and steel drift action (watches regulated, anyone?).
    I stopped before something irreparable happened.
    You probably need to get the lower legs off, if indeed they will come off, you mentioned it didnít look like they had any socket headed bolts to remove?

    Itís a long time since I saw any forks that you could remove the lowers, but without knowing the make/model, itís hard to say.

  25. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    Funny you should mention Cube because it was one of the Cube models that I saw last week.
    The bloke said he'd borrowed it off his mate and thought it'd cost about £2100 which isn't majorly expensive.
    Until then I'd never given Ebikes a thought and do more walking these days even though my knees have had it.
    One of my bikes had tubeless tyres on when I bought it, the other 2 don't.
    What size tyres are they ?


    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
    Theyíre 29Ē rims with (standard) bobby nic tyres that are 2.3Ē wide

  26. #76
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Theyíre 29Ē rims with (standard) bobby nic tyres that are 2.3Ē wide
    Cheers
    For some reason I thought ebikes ran wider tyres than than.

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

  27. #77
    Master tiny73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Back in Blighty
    Posts
    3,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    You probably need to get the lower legs off, if indeed they will come off, you mentioned it didnít look like they had any socket headed bolts to remove?

    Itís a long time since I saw any forks that you could remove the lowers, but without knowing the make/model, itís hard to say.
    I donít know the forks exactly but I had a pair of Rockshox Quadra 10ís back in the day and removed the negative return spring to get an extra 1/4Ē of travel from them. In those once youíd removed the elastomer stack the Allen key bolt to remove the lower legs (and thus the negative return spring) was inside the stanchions and screwed into the lower leg which then allowed the removal of the lower legs. Might be relevant, might not.

  28. #78
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    I donít know the forks exactly but I had a pair of Rockshox Quadra 10ís back in the day and removed the negative return spring to get an extra 1/4Ē of travel from them. In those once youíd removed the elastomer stack the Allen key bolt to remove the lower legs (and thus the negative return spring) was inside the stanchions and screwed into the lower leg which then allowed the removal of the lower legs. Might be relevant, might not.
    My reply makes a lot more sense if you substitute could for couldnít!

    You could be right though, I seem to remember a pair of RST shocks I had held the lowers on via long socket cap bolts accessed through the top caps. It was a long time ago though.

  29. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave S View Post
    I used to ride a Specialized Enduro, but a light fingered oik knicked it. I replaced it with a Bird

    Awesome bike, proper all day in the hills good.
    For commuting duty I have my first proper bike - a CroMo Mongoose from the mid 90s

    Dave
    I have a Bird AM160 in disgusting green! I really rate it. It's great being able to spec them up how you want them when ordering, and the long low slack geometry suits the riding I like doing.
    Have you tried a dropper seat post on it?

  30. #80
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Limerick Ireland
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by jkb89 View Post
    Stumpjumper carbon?
    Yep , its the short travel 29r.....well spotted

  31. #81
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    leics uk
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill S View Post
    I have a Bird AM160 in disgusting green! I really rate it. It's great being able to spec them up how you want them when ordering, and the long low slack geometry suits the riding I like doing.
    Have you tried a dropper seat post on it?
    Yep the whole Bird experience was good. Phoned them up and headed down for a test ride. Geometry has changed a lot since the Enduro - mine was the monocoque one - but the ride on this is brill.
    Wasnít sure about the 1x12 gears, although the big ring came off the Spec early doors to be replaced with a bash ring. Itís not that I went slow downhill, it more that the bb was low and the big rig was alloy... Having ridden it a bit now 1x12 works, although I do sometimes find myself out of gears at the fast end.
    Dropper post seems a bit like a solution to a problem I donít have, so I havenít put one on. I never needed one in the Enduro, and we did all sorts of stupid on that.

    Dave

  32. #82
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    SE UK
    Posts
    359
    My Banshee (Mythic) Wildcard


  33. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave S View Post
    Y
    Dropper post seems a bit like a solution to a problem I donít have, so I havenít put one on. I never needed one in the Enduro, and we did all sorts of stupid on that.

    It's a solution to a problem you never knew you had... once you've fitted one you'll wonder how you survived anything without it! Trust me!

  34. #84
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,199
    I've not really looked at this thread but some very nice bikes here.

    I moved to an bike about three years ago. They are great fun but haven't ridden for 18 months after an off that resulted in a serious injury. As soon as lockdown finishes I think I will give it another go, I've been doing a bit on the turbo in preparation.

    Last edited by StuS; 6th May 2020 at 16:29.

  35. #85
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lake District
    Posts
    1,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    It's a solution to a problem you never knew you had... once you've fitted one you'll wonder how you survived anything without it! Trust me!
    Best upgrade I've ever made👍

  36. #86
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by StuS View Post
    I've not really looked at this thread but some very nice bikes here.

    I moved to an bike about three years ago. They are great fun but haven't ridden for 18 months after an off that resulted in a serious injury. As soon as lockdown finishes I think I will give it another go, I've been doing a bit on the turbo in preparation.

    Snap! Well, nearly. I love the colour of yours. And your backdrop is much nicer...

    Focus Jam2 6.7 by iaintookey, on Flickr

    Iíve changed my rear shock to a Fox DPS Factory and the fork to a beefier 35mm model, great to ride.

    I really fancy a Specialized Levo SL next though. I know itís summer, and the trails are harder, but Iím finding Iím riding mostly in Eco now, so I think Iíd quite like the smaller motor and lighter Levo SL. Iím going to test ride one when the bike shops are all open and doing demo rides again.

  37. #87
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    12,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    It's a solution to a problem you never knew you had... once you've fitted one you'll wonder how you survived anything without it! Trust me!

    Yeah, depending on what you ride, the minute you hit drop offs, jumps, chutes, etc then it's way harder without one, days out in bikepark wales, Forest of Dean, Windhill, etc means i rarely have the post up.

  38. #88
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Snap! Well, nearly. I love the colour of yours. And your backdrop is much nicer...
    Iíve changed my rear shock to a Fox DPS Factory and the fork to a beefier 35mm model, great to ride.

    I really fancy a Specialized Levo SL next though. I know itís summer, and the trails are harder, but Iím finding Iím riding mostly in Eco now, so I think Iíd quite like the smaller motor and lighter Levo SL. Iím going to test ride one when the bike shops are all open and doing demo rides again.
    They are great, even after resisting when eventually I tried one I was hooked, I bought one the next day.

    Have you seen the Lapierre E Zesty it seems an amazing light option, A mate who owns a shop and does a bit of racing raves about his. They are not cheap though and apparently hard to get, I have never seen it personally.

  39. #89
    Master Tenko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,640
    Havenít ridden a bike for years now but whilst having a sort out in the garage yesterday, I unearthed these!

    All original 1998 Stumpjumper M2 comp


    1998 Kona Pahoehoe, again all original



    My daughters 2008 Kona Shred (she never rode this!)



    They look really dated compared to the newer models in this thread :)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  40. #90
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    1,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenko View Post
    Havenít ridden a bike for years now but whilst having a sort out in the garage yesterday, I unearthed these!

    All original 1998 Stumpjumper M2 comp


    1998 Kona Pahoehoe, again all original



    My daughters 2008 Kona Shred (she never rode this!)



    They look really dated compared to the newer models in this thread :)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    That Stumpy M2 Comp would have been a bob or two when new. M2 was metal matrix, bike manufacturers first attempts at leaving conventional steel and alloy frames.

  41. #91
    Master Tenko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,640
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    That Stumpy M2 Comp would have been a bob or two when new. M2 was metal matrix, bike manufacturers first attempts at leaving conventional steel and alloy frames.
    Yes, from memory it was north of a grand at the time! It has been hidden in the garage behind some old furniture for at least 10 years.

  42. #92
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Edinburgh, UK
    Posts
    139

    Orbea Occam TR carbon. Bought second hand, like most of my bikes. Fast as hell and it makes me regret not getting a bouncy bike sooner.



    Jones Spaceframe Ti. This was Ďbest bikeí until I got the Orbea, and itís been ridden in places youíd normally take a full bouncer (e.g. The Whole Enchilada in Moab, bikepacking the HT550 etc). A lovely bike to ride in general.


    Custom fatbike based on Stooge geometry. Ti truss fork for stiffness. This feels like a very short travel trail bike with limitless grip. Lots of fun but currently being overhauled.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  43. #93
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by StuS View Post
    They are great, even after resisting when eventually I tried one I was hooked, I bought one the next day.

    Have you seen the Lapierre E Zesty it seems an amazing light option, A mate who owns a shop and does a bit of racing raves about his. They are not cheap though and apparently hard to get, I have never seen it personally.
    Funnily enough, the latest e-MTB mag I downloaded this morning has a review of the e-Zesty alongside the Levo SL and the Nox Helium. The Zesty and the Helium use the removable Fazua battery and motor combo, so they can be turned into analogue bikes quite easily.

    Interesting stuff, Iíll have to look into trying them at some point.

  44. #94
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    5,018
    Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr

  45. #95
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poole, Dorset.
    Posts
    480
    Bultaco Brinko R, purely off road use as twist & go throttle with 2000w hub motor. At 38 kilos you wouldnít want to ride it home with a flat battery.

    [IMG][/IMG]

  46. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by wads View Post
    Bultaco Brinko R, purely off road use as twist & go throttle with 2000w hub motor. At 38 kilos you wouldnít want to ride it home with a flat battery.

    I think you've posted that on the wrong thread!!!

  47. #97
    My Rock Lobster

    Bought it way back in 2007, still going strong

    Full XT transmission and brakes, Rockshox Reba Team forks

    Last edited by Brighty; 7th May 2020 at 15:11.

  48. #98
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    My Rock Lobster

    Bought it way back in 2007, still going strong

    Full XT transmission and brakes, Rockshox Reba Team forks

    This was mine back in 2006 when it was a few months old.
    Mine was the Tig team SL


    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

  49. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    This was mine back in 2006 when it was a few months old.
    Mine was the Tig team SL

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
    Was that the Alu version? Mine is the steel 853

  50. #100
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Was that the Alu version? Mine is the steel 853
    Yeah mines the aluminium.
    I thought yours was till I zoomed in.
    The original forks were pretty sh1te, Marzocchi Bombers, so I put some Rebas on but swapped them with some Fox Alpine that Merlin had on offer.
    I have a look on Ebay now and again for a frame but no luck yet.
    I saw a Lobster up Rivington on Saturday, a black one, probably SL.


    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information