closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 267 orders in 20 minutes

Journeyman
    Grey skies, a salty cool breeze, endless green fields, the sound of seagulls.
    It's kinda hard to be patient, when you are fired up like a six-year-old the night before Christmas 😉

Journeyman
    Now that I think about it, the new hands on the 36mm version look very similar to the ones on the 40mm version

I’d say they have more of a (coincidental) resemblance to:

Quote Originally Posted by sier View Post
    Spotted a new-hand Everest on the Timefactors Facebook Page

So the second hand’s pipe is closer to the center and the hour hand is a bit larger? If thats the case I think it is perfect because those are all the “opportunity for improvement” with the watch. Cant wait for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post

I think there is just a lot of eager customers (including myself) trying to figure out where in the order queue they are so they can work out when they are likely to receive their watch.
    Why? Are they likely to be out and miss the postie?

Hehe.

Man something must be wrong with my head. Lol. I thought i ordered the black one but it turned out I ordered a white one. I checked all the order description and they all say white. :))

The watch is damn pretty so I will keep it while ordering a black one as well. :))

Shes pretty aint she.

I've been considering a PRS-10 purchase this Sunday but I know my patience won't be able to handle the wait. I understand Eddie's on his own but a potential two week wait for a delivery from 135 miles away is crazy. It would be quicker to walk there, pick it up and walk back!

So - walk.
    Sorry that really came out wrong, just have patience, all good things and all that.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Just pay the money then you have no choice but to wait. Matter taken out of your hands. I've been meaning to buy one the last two chances but forgot each time and then missed the window. Might have to put the next in my calendar.

Ordering reopens Sunday 17th May.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablogt View Post
    Shes pretty aint she.

The white dial looks great, how is the rotor noise on the new miyota 9039 movement ?

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=Diablogt;5400285]Man something must be wrong with my head. Lol. I thought i ordered the black one but it turned out I ordered a white one. I checked all the order description and they all say white. :))

The watch is damn pretty so I will keep it while ordering a black one as well. :))[/QUOTE

Well that is a good dilemma to have isn't it, but of course one could go broke that way, just depends how one looks at it. Enjoy that white dial and here is to the black dial one as well.

Journeyman
    Guess who just rang the doorbell

Apprentice
    Finally!!! Yippie

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sier View Post
    Guess who just rang the doorbell

What a thing of beauty. That photo really shows off the new handset and proportions. I really think it to be perfect. Enjoy my friend.

Apprentice
    Even still with the elongated hour hand I think it would benefit from enlarging the diameter of the circle section a tad. I say this as the minute hand is still thicker in comparison.

Journeyman
    The photo exaggerates that a bit, it looks pretty good in the flesh. Also, the minute hand is a tad shorter.
    It looks really really good. Not gonna lie, I'm happier than I thought I would be.
    Last edited by sier; 30th April 2020 at 12:08.

New handset looks pretty good, actually.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    New handset looks pretty good, actually.
    I agree. It just 'looks' much more balanced.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    Even still with the elongated hour hand I think it would benefit from enlarging the diameter of the circle section a tad. I say this as the minute hand is still thicker in comparison.

You're right, but it's not bad. Old Explorer has perfect proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by kamyk View Post
    You're right, but it's not bad. Old Explorer has perfect proportions.
    I know I'm going to get shot down in flames for suggesting it, but is there a reason why the proportions of the old Explorer handset could not have been used? After all the watch is a homage to it....

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    I know I'm going to get shot down in flames for suggesting it, but is there a reason why the proportions of the old Explorer handset could not have been used? After all the watch is a homage to it....
    I think it wasn't meant to be a 1:1 copy, but rather an inspiration. Eddie is not Yao. And thank God.

Quote Originally Posted by kamyk View Post
    I think it wasn't meant to be a 1:1 copy, but rather an inspiration. Eddie is not Yao. And thank God.
    Yup I understand it is not a replica, but everyone seems to want the original proportions of the hands...

Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Yup I understand it is not a replica, but everyone seems to want the original proportions of the hands...
    And I think they got them. Or at least close enough.

Craftsman
    The length issue certainly looks to have been resolved.

It'll be good to see a bunch more photos.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Brauner Hund View Post
    The length issue certainly looks to have been resolved.

It'll be good to see a bunch more photos.
    Never mind photos, I’ll be good to see a watch............lol

Order 2174 arrived too.

No. 1218015 (first release PRS-25) with 36mm wears the new bracelet now. Five links out for my small wrist.

Looks great.

Thank you again Mr. Platts.

cheers
    Stephan

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A5000 mit Tapatalk

Journeyman

This little number got delivered the other day, love it!

Cheers Eddie 👌

Journeyman

267 orders in 20 minutes

Got my dispatch notification from Eddie this morning but nothing from UPS yet, so not sure whether it’’ll arrive tomorrow or next week. I’’ve also ordered a bracelet sizing set off the Bay so I hope that arrives first so I can size my Expedition whenever it does come. If the watch comes tomorrow and the tools don’t it’’ll be a long weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Hmm... is it typical to see nothing on my credit card 12 days after placing the order? I do have the "successful" email from Sagepay but nothing showing up on the card.

Quote Originally Posted by Planet Ocean View Post
    The white dial looks great, how is the rotor noise on the new miyota 9039 movement ?
    You can say it is noisy. But I like it that way as i want my watch to be “alive”. The watch has been 1s/day off so it is excellent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Planet Ocean View Post
    You can say it is noisy. But I like it that way as i want my watch to be “alive”. The watch has been 1s/day off so it is excellent.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by skriefal View Post
    Hmm... is it typical to see nothing on my credit card 12 days after placing the order? I do have the "successful" email from Sagepay but nothing showing up on the card.
    I have the same successful email, and had the amount sit as pending on my credit card for a while but since disappeared. Not sure what this might mean.

Quote Originally Posted by WestwardBound View Post
    I have the same successful email, and had the amount sit as pending on my credit card for a while but since disappeared. Not sure what this might mean.
    Generally speaking (but of course not necessarily the case in this instance) a charge is pending on your card and the merchant has a certain amount of time to drawn down on those funds. If the merchant doesn't (computer/till glitch etc) the pending charge is dropped. I'm sure on dispatch it'll be charged again.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Generally speaking (but of course not necessarily the case in this instance) a charge is pending on your card and the merchant has a certain amount of time to drawn down on those funds. If the merchant doesn't (computer/till glitch etc) the pending charge is dropped. I'm sure on dispatch it'll be charged again.
    Precisely this.

I experienced the disappearing pending charge too. Checked with Eddie yesterday and there is absolutely no problem, he is simply dealing with the time it takes to ship 267 orders.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Many thanks.

UPS Shipping Notification and Timefactors Dispatch Note have landed in my in box. Thanks Eddie!

Craftsman

Goes to show that even in challenging times such as these, a quality product at a good price will always sell

Craftsman
    Many thanks.

UPS Shipping Notification and Timefactors Dispatch Note have landed in my in box. Thanks Eddie!
    Boo, nothing 9n my inbox yet...what was your order number?

Journeyman
    [QUOTE=Lostgear;5402661]Boo, nothing 9n my inbox yet...what was your order number?[

2368. I am UK based.

Apprentice
    And all's well. The order shipped this morning and the charge will undoubtedly reappear. :-)

Apprentice
    [QUOTE=WestwardBound;5402673]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostgear View Post
    Boo, nothing 9n my inbox yet...what was your order number?[

2368. I am UK based.
    Damn I thought I was close, I'm 2386 and also in UK

Journeyman
    My Expedition came first thing this morning, and the watch tools I order followed a few hours afterwards, so I was able to size the bracelet this evening.

So far I’m really impressed with the quality and I love the look and how it wears. All my other watches are 40-42mm so I was worried that at 36mm it would wear too small, but since it has a small bezel and large dial it looks bang on. It also doesn’t seem to want to rotate around my wrist unlike my other watches, mainly divers that are probably a bit too top heavy.

Only slight disappointment is that mine didn’t have a leather strap included in the package. I thought it was supposed to come with one in addition to the bracelet - am I mistaken?

For those who are still waiting I was order 2327 (UK). Sit tight, it’ll be worth it when it comes.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyTudor View Post
    My Expedition came first thing this morning, and the watch tools I order followed a few hours afterwards, so I was able to size the bracelet this evening.

So far I’m really impressed with the quality and I love the look and how it wears. All my other watches are 40-42mm so I was worried that at 36mm it would wear too small, but since it has a small bezel and large dial it looks bang on. It also doesn’t seem to want to rotate around my wrist unlike my other watches, mainly divers that are probably a bit too top heavy.

Only slight disappointment is that mine didn’t have a leather strap included in the package. I thought it was supposed to come with one in addition to the bracelet - am I mistaken?

For those who are still waiting I was order 2327 (UK). Sit tight, it’ll be worth it when it comes.

I had the 36mm Black dial Everest and after wearing the 36mm I could no longer wear my larger watches. My 38mm Hamilton Khaki Mechanical even seemed to large, but that is because it has such a small bezel and large dial. I am now a huge fan of watches in the 34-36mm.

Apprentice
    Got my tracking number for UK order number 2386, scheduled delivery is the 5th.

Journeyman
    Today was supposed to be the first adventure with the little guy.
    That fell flat, because the batteries on BOTH our cars are dead. So frustrating.

I hope that's not a bad sign for the watch 😢

Apprentice
    Everest Expedition just unboxed in Utah, USA.

Yep - the bracelet is long enough. :)

EDIT: And it's a much better fit after removing 4 links (3 bottom, 1 top) and moving inwards 2 notches on the micro-adjust clasp (of course!). About a 48mm decrease. The bracelet should be good for up to an ~8.2-inch (208-210mm) wrist if you're okay with a snug fit.
    Last edited by skriefal; 5th May 2020 at 01:22.

Apprentice
    No 2470 shipped to USA today

If I look at post #103 (vintage 1016) and #146 (Antarctic) ... it seems to me that if you took the Antarctic seconds hand, made it silver... then it would be perfect on the 36mm PRS-25mm ? Particularly the thin-ness of it, the position of the front ball and the existence of the rear-side ball.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed18 View Post
    If I look at post #103 (vintage 1016) and #146 (Antarctic) ... it seems to me that if you took the Antarctic seconds hand, made it silver... then it would be perfect on the 36mm PRS-25mm ? Particularly the thin-ness of it, the position of the front ball and the existence of the rear-side ball.
    I never really thought about it from that perspective but looking at it I see what you mean and I agree, but then again the PRS-25 is an homage to the 1016 so having some subtle differences is a good thing, and the PRS-25 really is a beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by redhed18 View Post

Full pic:
    https://i.imgur.com/Ygs1OE2.jpg

The very first Explorer (which wasn't even called an Explorer) did not have a secs counterbalance.