closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: First cut is the deepest

First cut is the deepest

Aarghhh whilst not the first mark, and I don’t baby my watches. But just whacked the BB58 against the fridge running away from the toddler pretending to eat her dinner!

Blaming the 5.30 start today and thoroughly fed up Monday working. Very clumsy and have other knocks and marks (mainly bracelet) watch is 10m old but looks much older. This one seems to be the deepest and seems to have been the brushed case near 4-5 and onto the polished chamfer.

Oh well! Get the bezel marked over time and I’ll admire the vintage look. He says crying into his tea.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Well years from now you will be able to look at it and remember this whole lockdown situation.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Well years from now you will be able to look at it and remember this whole lockdown situation.
    I can imagine in the future
    Yes children see this mark on my watch well that happened during the lockdown it was awful times
    Daddy what happened during the lockdown
    Well children you couldn’t just go and play outside or go to the park
    The shops were closed and daddy couldn’t go to the pub and there was no football to watch
    And toilet rolls were worth more than diamonds it was strange times
    Keep safe op and enjoy the time with your kids they soon grow up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Left office for home...had to cycle through the establishment, hit a rail track, scuffed left knee, scuffed right arm and now a stiff shoulder, luckily my prized Kona King Kahuna {1998} is ok...but my seamaster {ceramic black bezel} buckle has a lovely scuff..thought the gloves would save that...could of been alot worse for a 53 year old bloke...wife told me to man up..

Thanks

Ernie in Plymouth

It happens, part of existing in a physical world. Only thing missing from your post is a picture of the wound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    I can imagine in the future
    Yes children see this mark on my watch well that happened during the lockdown it was awful times
    Daddy what happened during the lockdown
    Well children you couldn’t just go and play outside or go to the park
    The shops were closed and daddy couldn’t go to the pub and there was no football to watch
    And toilet rolls were worth more than diamonds it was strange times
    Keep safe op and enjoy the time with your kids they soon grow up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Haha thanks I am don’t worry. It’s seriously making me reconsider my job. Yes I’m lucky to have one in this current climate, work a 9-5 so spend time with the little one. Guess I enjoy that more and might look for something else when this over.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie View Post
    Left office for home...had to cycle through the establishment, hit a rail track, scuffed left knee, scuffed right arm and now a stiff shoulder, luckily my prized Kona King Kahuna {1998} is ok...but my seamaster {ceramic black bezel} buckle has a lovely scuff..thought the gloves would save that...could of been alot worse for a 53 year old bloke...wife told me to man up..

Thanks

Ernie in Plymouth
    Ouch and hear you’re safe. When cycling my usually commute to work I wear the G Shock & have my BB58 in my back pack. Saying that the accident I had prior to Christmas in mine was wearing my vintage Arnie Seiko thought the worse but no damage.

Good job only the clasp scuff. Mine has that after a few week, prams fault when getting into the car.

Quote Originally Posted by RAFF View Post
    It happens, part of existing in a physical world. Only thing missing from your post is a picture of the wound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know. Just this 10m old watch looks like a few years wear. My Panerai seems to only have a few scratches. Maybe the fully polished case hides them.

Will do. Just having my iPhone and macro level not good but I’ll post some tomorrow.