closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My son's new boat...

Last edited by Neil.C; 18th April 2020 at 14:31.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Bloody hell, Neil, that's a cracker, mate!

That is lovely.

That is really nice
    How much is something like that these days?
    I am sure I can quarantine myself for a few months on something similar....

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    That is really nice
    How much is something like that these days?
    I am sure I can quarantine myself for a few months on something similar....

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk
    $61,200. A lot less than I'd expected.

Master
    Wow that's a beauty Neil! Hope you get some fishing in this year!!

That's seriously nice Neil.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    I always think they look lovely but then I imagine being on them in rough seas and feel less envious. Hope he and you get loads of great days on the water.

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Love the boat and love that you're so chuffed for him that you shared it on here!!

Respect to you both!!

Blog Entries
    Nice one looks like a great way to spend time. Always fancied a boat but petal gets seasick on a boating lake! Never forgiven me for telling her the Seacat to Guernsey would be super smooth and she'd be fine.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

That's a cracker.

Can't blame you for looking forward to getting onboard....

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Looks lovely, I know nothing about boats, but looks much bigger on the inside than I expected ie more living space than I’d have guessed from the outside.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    $61,200. A lot less than I'd expected.
    And he got a deal on it.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Bloody hell, Neil, that's a cracker, mate!
    Cheers Tone!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by jk103 View Post
    Wow that's a beauty Neil! Hope you get some fishing in this year!!
    I hope so too John.

We'll have to see how it pans out - should have been going out this Thursday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    That's seriously nice Neil.
    Cheers Peter.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    I always think they look lovely but then I imagine being on them in rough seas and feel less envious. Hope he and you get loads of great days on the water.

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk
    Looking forward to it Dave.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    Love the boat and love that you're so chuffed for him that you shared it on here!!

Respect to you both!!
    Cheers mate!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Nice! 👍

Watch this as a warm up, It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia S6E3 The Gang Buys a Boat. It’s on Netflix.

Like Stevie Nicks said, we will all be ‘Back In The High Life Again’ sometime soon! 😉

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Nice one looks like a great way to spend time. Always fancied a boat but petal gets seasick on a boating lake! Never forgiven me for telling her the Seacat to Guernsey would be super smooth and she'd be fine.
    My wife loves the water but is prone to seasickness too, she just pops a pill before we go out and she's OK.

Also a catamaran is more stable than a single hull.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt London View Post
    Nice! 

Watch this as a warm up, It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia S6E3 The Gang Buys a Boat. It’s on Netflix.

Like Stevie Nicks said, we will all be ‘Back In The High Life Again’ sometime soon! 
    I'll look at that Matt.

I hope we'll be "Back in the high life again" very soon.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Looks great! One of the first things I’ll do when lockdown is over is go boating (on something considerably smaller on the Thames!)

Blog Entries
    Oh that's nice! Will the boat stay in Punta Gorda or does your son have a berth more closely to his home?

I'm always amazed to see how little use US sailors make of the Gulf! There are big marinas with lots of sailing boats, but it's always very quiet out there, sailing-wise. One sees tons of powerful motorboats, but hardly any sail-powered boat.

Has it a fixed keel or some sort of daggers? The Gulf water between the Florida mainland and the barrier-like islands is pretty shallow at some places but offers a great variety of wildlife! A boat with a dagger (or: catamaran - daggerS) offers plenty possibilities for adventures.

My

EDIT: I looked it up: a keel; also for the protection of the rudder. It's a pretty short one ± 1.50m, That makes shallow water adventures and longer 'blue water trips' possible. A versatile boat for that part of the world!
    Last edited by thieuster; 19th April 2020 at 19:01.

Craftsman
    Wow, what a boat, seriously impressive...

Craftsman
    Wow !!! that's stunning

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt London View Post
    Nice! 

Like Stevie Nicks said, we will all be ‘Back In The High Life Again’ sometime soon! 
    Because of the implication?

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Oh that's nice! Will the boat stay in Punta Gorda or does your son have a berth more closely to his home?

I'm always amazed to see how little use US sailors make of the Gulf! There are big marinas with lots of sailing boats, but it's always very quiet out there, sailing-wise. One sees tons of powerful motorboats, but hardly any sail-powered boat.

Has it a fixed keel or some sort of daggers? The Gulf water between the Florida mainland and the barrier-like islands is pretty shallow at some places but offers a great variety of wildlife! A boat with a dagger (or: catamaran - daggerS) offers plenty possibilities for adventures.

My

EDIT: I looked it up: a keel; also for the protection of the rudder. It's a pretty short one ± 1.50m, That makes shallow water adventures and longer 'blue water trips' possible. A versatile boat for that part of the world!
    Cheers Menno!

He'll be bringing it round from Punta Gorda as he has a "hurricane proof" dock for it near where he lives (Space coast).

I agree about motor boats, they are everywhere but sail boats, (especially seen in use) are much rarer.

We used to go out for the day on the old cabin cruiser, moor up and just swim or paddle to those small islands. Quite a few smashed up boats still around on them after previous hurricanes.

I guess I'll find out when I can next get out there.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

That's a smashing looking bit of kit.
    I had a colleague who had vessel moored at Brighton. She told me that there were only two good days of boat ownership-the day you bought it and the day you sold it! The days in between you just spent money!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Cheers Menno!

He'll be bringing it round from Punta Gorda as he has a "hurricane proof" dock for it near where he lives (Space coast).

I agree about motor boats, they are everywhere but sail boats, (especially seen in use) are much rarer.

We used to go out for the day on the old cabin cruiser, moor up and just swim or paddle to those small islands. Quite a few smashed up boats still around on them after previous hurricanes.

I guess I'll find out when I can next get out there.
    Oh I can understand that you're eager to go!

Sailing the boat from Punta Gorda to the Space Coast is a fantastic trip. Your response was the topic of our 'after dinner coffee'. My wife (who's a better deep water sailor than I am) and I discussed the route. I have no maps of the area so I can not figure out the best route and how long it takes. I suppose it's Punta Gorda -> ICW that ends near Ft Myers or go around the outside to sanibel Sanibel(= relative short distance) then along the coast, tipping the lowest point of the Everglades.

We're not certain about the route up: somehow, one needs to sail under a bridge(?) crossing the road that goes from Key Largo to Key West. Or is is possible (length of the mast!) to sail the Florida East Coats Inter-Coastal Waterway to the north. Hopefully there's wind. Days of using a diesel engine is very boring...

I'm more than interested to see the 'hurricane proof' berth. We don't have that here in NW Europe, I suppose. So it would be interesting to see a berth like that.

Aside: friends of us are making a world trip on a 12m yacht. The have no kids and they have no plans about returning. When Covid-19 hit the shores, they were in Cuba. Got kicked out and with the help of the Dutch Ambassador in Cuba and the Dutch Consul in Florida, they were welcomed in West Palm Beach. Under lockdown and 2 wks quarantine, but at least they're in a safe harbour. Luckily they'd been in the US before and still had a valid visum for the US!