closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hermes are useless. Any suggestions

Craftsman

Hermes are useless. Any suggestions

Anyone use a good courier that cost effective to send a parcel thats under 10kg in UK?

Must be able to collect.? Hermes are the biggest bunch I have dealt with in a long time !

They’ve never failed me yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DPD? We use them daily and touch wood, they rarely fudge it up.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I have to say it's down to areas, I have been at my new place for 3 years, never had a problem with either Hermes or DPD local drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    I have to say it's down to areas, I have been at my new place for 3 years, never had a problem with either Hermes or DPD local drivers.
    I agree with this. Hermes and DPD around here are both excellent. APC on the other hand.................!

I've often used hermes, zero problems.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Craftsman
    Ok. Looking at online reviews they are getting flammed.
    I have tried to get a parcel collected every day this week and they have failed every day. Plus trying to get a reply from anyone is I'd say impossible.

May they have had major problems recently ?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    They’ve never failed me yet.

Same here tbh.

Every courier will have a percentage of failures, in my experience, hermes has been 100% :)
    We use APC at work and have very few issues.
    DPD local franchisee is a great guy but we don't send out with them
    I've never had a failed Royal Mail special Delivery in 15 years using the service.

Not sure what your personal situation is, but if you or a friend/family member can get to a post-office, I would heartily second that recommendation.

Royal Mail is far from faultless, but compared to the likes of Herpes and other parcels-carriers, it's leagues ahead. Best of the rest IME (10 years selling audio kit and accessories online) is UPS. The bottleneck is the depots, where out-of-sight, thieving and abuse are rife, and always will be.

Master
    Compare prices on the likes of Parcelmonkey and Parcelbroker – better than courier own website pricing.

Quality +++> Price

Craftsman
    Thanks all. After 7 failed collection promise in a row I went UPS (thanks) and all is well

I did get a survey from Hermes that was fun mind 😅

Master
    I wouldn’t use them again they smashed a sound bar I sent then weasel’d their way out of paying for it by saying the package was 2 inches too big

Never had any problems with Hermes been using them for years..
    Seem to have had issues with Yodel deliveries recently with items being left on the doorstep with a card saying customer not in
    The Irony..

Check out "Joe Lycett's Got Your Back" on C4 right now if you're wondering what happens to our "lost" stuff...

As regards Hermes, I've been waiting almost a fortnight for a box of mags being sent to me from in this country that have apparently just disappeared!

I did use them once myself in the past, waiting in for a courier to collect a parcel, he never did turn up.

Never again.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Check out "Joe Lycett's Got Your Back" on C4 right now if you're wondering what happens to our "lost" stuff...
    For anyone that missed it: Hermes hoards undelivered parcels and then sells them at auction. When checked - a great many of the parcels had identifying addresses on them that would easily have allowed delivery, but Hermes don't bother checking: they just take your stuff and sell it - having already taken money from you to deliver it. Since I never once knew them refund or compensate me when I used them regularly and had stuff go missing, their business model is to reward themselves for failure by selling your stuff.

And that's before you factor-in all the employee thieving that goes-on in depots, and among drivers...

Journeyman
    I'm still waiting for a parcel that Hermes picked up at the start of March. Fear they may have lost it as no one can give me a proper answer.

Area - Central London

Journeyman
    Hermes keep losing! parcels in this part of the world (Surrey) I found DPD and Royal Mail very good. There's always UPS as well.

Hermes are useless. Any suggestions

Duplicate

ALL couriers are terrible! Almost zero actually do what they say.

Post office will send a 10kg parcel no probs.

Two years on and Hermes are still utterly useless. Three days not to deliver an Amazon package. Three galling, lying emails saying they had attempted delivery when they had done no such thing (Hello?! Lockdown?!)

Got a refund from Amazon and complained they should bin off Hermes as it's affecting their reputation. Only problems I've ever had with Amazon is when Hermes have been the courier.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Blog Entries
    UPS; DHL - via parcel2go.com for discount prices - have had good experiences with all of these - for pickup from home - or ParcelForce / RMSD sent from PO.

We've been down this road before, I guess I'm just lucky.

I think it’s just luck of the draw. I have used Hermes to post hundreds of items and never had a failure.......yet. Although saying that I did buy something from someone once who posted it via Hermes and it never arrived. Stolen/lost? Who knows.

I think the only true way to make sure it arrives with Hermes is to ask the seller to whisper a prayer into the box before they seal it up.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    UPS; DHL - via parcel2go.com for discount prices - have had good experiences with all of these - for pickup from home - or ParcelForce / RMSD sent from PO.
    Yes - no issues with DHL or UPS, Parcelforce, EMS and DPD - all grand. Hermes beyond a joke and friends of mine have also suffered at their hands. I understand from one of them that they bought out many, small local delivery companies some years back and since then have been problematic.

Hermes on Trustpilot are on 1 star. UK Hermes are either given 5 stars or 1.

I'll avoid them whenever possible.

Hermes are only good for sending a brick... very poor, a compensation system designed for maximum frustration to push your claim outside of the timeframe... we have used dpd, and Parcelforce for the last few years, sent 1000’s with few issues...

Blog Entries
    Hermes are only as good as their local drivers. Our two are brilliant. Collect when they should. Deliver reliably and if we're out they come back later or leave them where we ask. For what they get paid they do a sterling job.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Mike (aka Sweetpea) had 2 watches stolen of which 1 was destined to me.
    I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.
    Don't use them is my advice.

Master
    As said Hermes depends on the local agents my local one is okay, he had to shield and his son covered the route and was brilliant. But a nightmare if you need to claim.
    DPD are my go to in the UK.

If you are sending a watch you should be using RMSD.
    Anything else send by Royal Mail parcel service as long as you are within their weight limits.
    They are better than any parcel monkey company.
    If RMi isn’t possible then you pay your money and take your choice. But Hermpes are the worst.

Well having arranged a refund for my Amazon package (which Amazon also screwed up but that's another story) after four days of a now show, I received an e-mail last night, saying that my package had been delivered. Sure enough, on opening the door, there it was. There had been no knock and the doorbell hadn't been rung, so if I hadn't been checking my mail it would have sat there all night. I picked it up and the items spilled out, the package had been opened! Luckily everything was inside. I now have to spend time refunding the refund.

Not the world's greatest problem, but indicative of a truly inefficient service which wastes people's time and causes a great deal of frustration.

Blog Entries
    I use parcel2go for comparisons.

Personally IMO it is all a lottery
    Last edited by mart broad; 5th October 2020 at 11:20.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    I use parcel2go for comparisons.

Personally IMO it is all a lottery
    You and me both,

My wife watched a My Hermes driver stick a parcel in our blue bin and then post a note through the letterbox without even attempting to ring/knock the door.

I recommend Paisley Freight for just about anything you want to send

Last two Hermes deliveries we've had were left on the floor by our rubbish bin (once on bin collection day!) The bin is about 100ft from our front door and totally obscured from sight by bushes and trees! Clearly couldn't be arsed to walk up the drive.

Maybe I should move my rubbish bin closer to the front door....

Stick with Royal Mail would be my advice.

Funny I chanced on this thread, having had a similar experience today. Amazon delivery, was tracking on their app, 8 stops away, 7 stops away, 6 stops away, ..... ta-da, delivered! But, no, complete fabrication, I was sitting at the bay window working in my laptop, not a soul. Have to wait 3 days before Amazon will consider a refund. That's was my East Dunbartonshire home. My week-day Edinburgh pad, never any problems, all Amazon and other Hermes deliveries 100% on time.

As I am still unwilling to go into the Post Office, I have used UPS to ship 5 watches so far this year and they have been excellent. It’s been the same driver who has picked up every time, and they’ve always been delivered within 24 hours.

In fairness I have also always found Royal Mail RMSD to be first class when sending. It’s just a pity that Royal Mail also lost a £2k watch which was on its way to me from the US.

After reading this thread I would not touch Hermes with the proverbial barge pole .

Simon