closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Longines Spirit

Longines Spirit

I have an Eugene Meylan in my collection and really like it, and have been looking for something similar. This Spirit EFC was sitting in a shop in Italy on Chrono24 as unworn.

The offer was made, accepted and the watch delivered to Bedfordshire within two days! (pre Corvid-19)

Never bothered to size the bracelet as I found the brown leather in the drawer which suits it fine methinks

Just felt like sharing

Quote Originally Posted by jimboy View Post
    I have an Eugene Meylan in my collection and really like it, and have been looking for something similar. This Spirit EFC was sitting in a shop in Italy on Chrono24 as unworn.

The offer was made, accepted and the watch delivered to Bedfordshire within two days! (pre Corvid-19)

Never bothered to size the bracelet as I found the brown leather in the drawer which suits it fine methinks

Just felt like sharing

Looks very nice does that.

I have a Longines Spirit, non chrono. though.

I also had a Glycine Eugene Meylan...I really liked that...but of course I flipped it! Whilst looking for another Eugene Meylan, I came across the one Longines Spirit I have now. Mine didnt come with a bracelet, I prefer it on the strap its on now, as opposed to the strap it came with.

Ive not seen a chrono with that colour dial before...just a black dialed one...which I really like too.! Enjoy wearing it....must be honest, I do like mine and I wear it quite often.

Last edited by valleywatch; 17th April 2020 at 20:08. Reason: spelling!

Just felt like sharing

It's beautiful, I could look at that all day!

Craftsman
    Longines keep surprising me!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Just felt like sharing

Absolutely love that!

Do you have the model no?

I purchased it, as I said NOS, at the end of Feb this year. Then I contacted Longines on their great site. I have never seen one of these without Beige Lume so was a bit worried??

Their very prompt reply;

"We thank you for contacting us and for your interest in Longines watches.
    Further to your request, we are pleased to provide the information contained in Longines' registers.
    Originally, the serial number 33'014'*** identifies a wrist-chronograph in stainless steel bearing the reference L2.705.4.23.6, part of the Spirit collection. It is fitted with a mechanical self-winding movement, caliber 651 and was invoiced on 27 October 2006 to the Swatch Group Italy. The movement is a ETA caliber 2894/2.
    Please note the original color of the digits is beige (see enclosed). It has turned into green over the years.
    We trust that we have responded satisfactorily to your request and remain at your entire disposal for any additional information.
    Best regards,
    Jennifer Bochud
    Brand Heritage "

I guess the lume went green as it never saw daylight in 14 years lol. Anyhoo, IMHO the green looks better on the white dial, but probably wouldn't on the black dial version.

And, out of my modest collection, the wife says "I like that one"

I think the green lume looks better than when it was new, very nice indeed