closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Site advertisements (Pop ups)

Site advertisements (Pop ups)

Anyone got any tips on how to disable this? More seem to pop up all the time now.

I get a bar at the bottoms of my screen
    I get a video showing all the time
    I also get an advertisement within the discussion topics.

Very frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I seem to have started getting much more than before on my iPad. Very distracting when the screen moves to display the ads.

Master
    Not seen any popups at all, only banner ads.

I suggest you use the 'Search' function.

It'll enable you to see the numerous other threads on this subject with scores of members complaining about how the site owner finances the 'free access for all' to the forum.
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    I suggest you use the 'Search' function.

It'll enable you to see the numerous other threads on this subject with scores of members complaining about how the site owner finances the 'free access for all' to the forum.
    I used the search function and typed in Pop ups! It came up with nothing.

I suggest you keep your thoughts to yourself moving forward.

I ready don’t understand why you feel the need to comment on a thread, just to be an utter dick.

Last edited by Kippax; 16th April 2020 at 14:01.

The full width ad along the bottom of the screen is terribly annoying on iPad mini as it covers a quarter of the screen meaning you have to press the little X (twice) every time a new page loads up

I fully appreciate and accept that Eddie needs to get the revenue in from the ads but it is perfectly possible to do that without reducing the pleasure of using the forum at the same time.

Personally, I’d much rather see full width static ads within the forum posts rather than the half width ones on the first and last post. Those ones make the first and last posts half the size they should be and make them hard to read. They stop you being able to view any video that’s loaded as you can only see the left half of it, and they make any photographs posted half the size the should be.

Most other forums use ads which are less annoying which actually makes you more likely and happy to look at them rather than trying every way to get rid of them.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-video-adverts

The static ads were bearable, but the pop up video's forced me to install an ad blocker (chrome) which has worked.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57