closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rolex Hulk price watch

Rolex Hulk price watch

Using the filters "UK", and "new/unworn" on C24, I thought it might be interesting to track prices of a "hot" Rolex over the next few months.

Cheapest today is £12,350

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/rolex/sub...id13382629.htm

No connection with the seller.

There is one on SC at £10,950. Bargain if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    What's the RRP? I think they look bloody awful so £11k is laughable and around £7k more than would make one a bargain.
    "A man of little significance"

Blog Entries

Agreed. Love mine - won't be selling anytime soon. It will be interesting to track second hand prices say every month. Need to clarify what price though. The asking price is not always the same as the selling price and certainly different to the purchase price (either from AD or purchase price that a dealer offers).

Master
    I wonder when people will get 'the call' from WoS regarding these? they are lovely watches, and people have bought GMTs £3k over list recently so I guess people are willing to pay over retail for the time being.

Master

I wouldn’t call that a bargain there has been a few recently that has finished between 9-10k on the bay

Not an awful price but it’s a 2013 so way out of any warranty etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Not an awful price but it’s a 2013 so way out of any warranty etc.
    Also may be due a service soon?

A 2019 went on WUS for £10.5k asking last week.

The 2013 on SC, whilst appearing nicely looked after, is far from a bargain imo.

That said there is always someone out there for every watch so let's see
    Last edited by petay993; 15th April 2020 at 21:19.

Master
    Green isn’t for me so not my cup of tea anyway. Lots more Rolex becoming available given the current situation it’s not a surprise. Still way over rrp but as more hit the market prices will keep coming down. Overdue considering how high the pieces got. I wouldn’t pay over RRP for any watch but appreciate many will.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    What's the RRP? I think they look bloody awful so £11k is laughable and around £7k more than would make one a bargain.
    I wouldn’t give £700 for one. Each to their own and all that. In fact I’d be mad if I found one!

Quote Originally Posted by Holsterman View Post
    Using the filters "UK", and "new/unworn" on C24, I thought it might be interesting to track prices of a "hot" Rolex over the next few months.

Cheapest today is £12,350

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/rolex/sub...id13382629.htm

No connection with the seller.
    It sure where you’re getting your figures from but the cheapest UK watch on Chrono 24 is up for £11250.

Conflict of interest alert

Maybe leave specific SC watches out of a more general discussion?

D

Master
    Green doesn't match my wardrobe

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfupanda View Post
    It sure where you’re getting your figures from but the cheapest UK watch on Chrono 24 is up for £11250.
    He’s only looking at new/unworn

Green doesn't really fly under the radar in the Jobcentre Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Green doesn't really fly under the radar in the Jobcentre Plus
    Imagine the irony when young cookie888888 has to take off his fake gold Rolex to put on a "cheapo" watch for the job center and the "cheapo" costs more.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    I wonder when people will get 'the call' from WoS regarding these? they are lovely watches, and people have bought GMTs £3k over list recently so I guess people are willing to pay over retail for the time being.
    Heard about a solid member on here's friend getting the call today from WOS for an LV(Hulk) with no particular purchasing history.
    There's definite movement but I'm still doubtful there will be an "off a cliff type drop".
    I do however remember in 2015 when buying a Sub these languishing in the windows.

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    Maybe leave specific SC watches out of a more general discussion?

I quite agree, but then some on here have no etiquette or manners.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfupanda View Post
    I thought I'd stick to unworn/new, just to level the playing field. Not scientific at all, just interesting to watch as values will probably be adversely affected by the economic meltdown. Also it's a watch I have no interest in buying, so I can remain objective.

RRP is £7450, so quite a way to go yet.
    Last edited by Holsterman; 15th April 2020 at 23:35.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Keep looking at these damn things despite already having owned one previously, seldom worn it and moved it on before prices went silly.
    Someone slap me

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Keep looking at these damn things despite already having owned one previously, seldom worn it and moved it on before prices went silly.
    Someone slap me
    I will try to help. I have very broad tastes in watches, have them in multiple dial colours (black, white, cream, grey, blue, orange, that I can think of), many brands, mostly mechanical but some quartz etc. I am constantly having my eyes opened and my horizons expanded by posts and pics on this forum. But I find the appeal of all the Hulks / LVs / Kermits simply inexplicable and bizarre. They just look so wrong to me. I mean, it's a green watch. Green. A watch that's green. Green. A green watch. Their appeal is the greatest mystery in all of WIS-world to me.

Not trying to troll anyone's thread - if people like them, good on 'em etc - just staging an intervention to help kultschar here ...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Ha - thanks Tom.

I lusted for the Hulk for so long. When it finally arrived it kind of stayed in the watch box - years later I sold it and it was a minter which kind of said it all.

Maybe its the fact I live in the Falklands and that dial needs more sun then I could give it lol. Def amazing in the summer sun but I never had the urge to slap it on often.

The hulk was my first Rolex and I love it, wasn’t on my radar at all until I saw one in person. Everyone has their own taste, I personally really don’t like TT watches so wouldn’t even purchase one at £7k!

My second Rolex is a Pepsi which I think looks a lot better in photos, but the hulk is nicer in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by thestore View Post
    The hulk was my first Rolex and I love it, wasn’t on my radar at all until I saw one in person. Everyone has their own taste, I personally really don’t like TT watches so wouldn’t even purchase one at £7k!

My second Rolex is a Pepsi which I think looks a lot better in photos, but the hulk is nicer in real life.
    I don't like TT either but an £11k watch that very few people seemed to care about when new is not a bargain.
    "A man of little significance"

The preoccupation with Rolex prices is mind boggling- particularly from people who have no interest in buying them.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Your fixation with Rolex is mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Your fixation with Rolex is mind boggling.
    Your statement is wildly inaccurate but even if it were true, it is with something I have interest in buying, owning, wearing.
    Different from everyday talking about prices of things I profess no interest in.

Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    I wouldn’t give £700 for one. Each to their own and all that. In fact I’d be mad if I found one!

You would be mad if you found a ten grand watch?

The Hulk has never really done it for me, if anything just too much green. Given a choice I would take a Kermit any day of the week. I think the Green aluminium bezel insert with Black dial works, but the Hulk with the Ceramic insert and bright Green dial looks too OTT for my tastes.

I am certainly not a Ceramic basher and would happily own a GMT or an SDC 4000 if the prices weren't so high, but it will be interesting to see how this thread pans out over time. I personally would expect prices to fall back as I think they will with most of the current hot Ceramic models. I think they will still trade well above list price, but certainly not for the prices that they have been fetching over the last year or two.

As stated elsewhere, once the Greys start offering less than list to buy these watches things will change dramatically as the profiteers will be out of business overnight. Roll on that day

The sunburst dial is just way too loud on the LVc. I like the LV but ceramic is probably the loudest Rolex possible which is so off putting. I do love the WG blue sub, though. Lovely watch.

Craftsman

I agree with you about the looks , price becomes irrelevant for me when I’m not interested at all.

Craftsman
    If we all had the same taste it would be a difficult and sad world would it not ?
    As regards the to the hulk , how much of the desire to own one was fashion / profit driven over the actual choice of colour ?

I'm sticking to the 'sad' old black versions .

Blog Entries
    All this discussion has me getting my Hulk out to enjoy the sunshine. Picture soon if you like?

Master
    Probably overpriced at RRP, I think it's a lot to pay for a green sub

Apprentice
    I have to admit, I think my desire to own one has come from all the hype. My heart tells me to get one but my brain tells me I can't pay well over RRP for a watch that is still in production.

Out of interest, which used Rolex models would people consider owning or do own that can be had for less than RRP? I really like the smurf now after seeing a pic in another thread but too expensive for me.

I think the green of the hulk looks awful. The kermit is ok. I saw a hulk in a jewellers in Stratford on Avon and couldn't get over the sickliness of its appearance.

Apprentice
    I don't particularly like wearing mine up to London each day, preferring my more understated OP39 (although it is the grape dial). One of the benefits of the Covid-19 lockdown is that I've had the Hulk on almost every day for the last 3 weeks and it's been looking particularly good in the sunshine, it's a watch that really needs to be worn rather than admired (or not) on the internet.

The recent increase in value is more of an insurance issue than anything else as mine isn't going anywhere and is already earmarked for my nephew when I peg it!

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    The preoccupation with Rolex prices is mind boggling- particularly from people who have no interest in buying them.
    I chose the hulk more or less at random to use as my canary in the Rolex price coal mine. It's one of the grimmer-looking sports models IMO, and its popularity baffles me.

Craftsman
    I love the look of the Hulk, it's certainly a watch I have my eye on and do plan to pick up one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    I agree with you about the looks , price becomes irrelevant for me when I’m not interested at all.
    I think I was trying to make the second point you made when I posted last night, after a few too many gin and tonics!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    I have very broad tastes in watches, have them in multiple dial colours (black, white, cream, grey, blue, orange, that I can think of), many brands, mostly mechanical but some quartz etc. I am constantly having my eyes opened and my horizons expanded by posts and pics on this forum. But I find the appeal of all the Hulks / LVs / Kermits simply inexplicable and bizarre. They just look so wrong to me. I mean, it's a green watch. Green. A watch that's green. Green. A green watch. Their appeal is the greatest mystery in all of WIS-world to me.
    100% agree with this. I too have a big thing about colour, but also don’t get the Hulk thing at all.

By the way, Tom, you really need a yellow dial

Sorry for the momentary thread hijack. As you were...

Simon

Master
    Blog Entries
    I actually think the Smurf is even louder - I thought it kind of looked toyish like a fake "made up" Rolex the first time I saw it in person. Just far too much blue and then chucking in the polished centre links etc made it worse.
    Last edited by kultschar; 16th April 2020 at 11:29.

Master
    I’m being completely biased, for me the Hulk is the most iconic steel sports watch over the last 10 years, more so than ceramic GMTs and Daytona, and arguably also even more so than Nautilus and the oversized Royal Oaks which are really dress watch hybrids given they are more refined and not that robust.

It is definitely not an everyday watch and I would be very sick of it if that was my only watch, but it’s good piece to wear occasionally in a varied collection.

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    ... for me the Hulk is the most iconic steel sports watch over the last 10 years...
    That’s a bold statement. I’m intrigued as to why you think that - surely it’s just another Submariner, albeit in a highly divisive colour? Why is it iconic?

Simon

I’m being completely biased, for me the Hulk is the most iconic steel sports watch over the last 10 years, more so than ceramic GMTs and Daytona, and arguably also even more so than Nautilus and the oversized Royal Oaks which are really dress watch hybrids given they are more refined and not that robust.
    Drop your mechanical watch onto a tiled floor from four feet, and find out how "robust" it is. Rolexes are no more robust than any other brand.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Holsterman View Post
    Drop your mechanical watch onto a tiled floor from four feet, and find out how "robust" it is. Rolexes are no more robust than any other brand.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/a-...4-months-later

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    That’s a bold statement. I’m intrigued as to why you think that - surely it’s just another Submariner, albeit in a highly divisive colour? Why is it iconic?

Simon
    Final evolution from pure tool watch to pure luxury sports watch which arguably starting happening with advent of dive computers and matte dials to white gold surround dial.

I don’t think Rolex will make a more bold looking steel submariner. A number of people predicting Rolex will likely move back towards 5 digit design specifically on the lugs, as they have done already with the SD50, day date 40, date just41 and the GMT second generation ceramics. So this first generation ceramic sub will be loved or loathed, but I do think a muscular Hulk submariner will be remembered.

I can't see why any watch with 100m water resistance wouldn't survive similarly. The "robustness" of mechanical watches depends largely on the shock resistance, and this is comparable across all brands AFAICS.