closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fenix 5 or 6: opinions please

Master
    Yep, offered about 450 and he said 469 is the lowest he can go.

Not great having to sell but my wife's income has gone. Overall things could be a lot worse, so have to stay humble. Thanks though

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Chilli View Post
    Yep, offered about 450 and he said 469 is the lowest he can go.

Not great having to sell but my wife's income has gone. Overall things could be a lot worse, so have to stay humble. Thanks though

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the information. And hope things improve for you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This thread tipped me over the edge... With the £30 off that Garmin/Jura are offering and the 15% discount, I now have on order a Fenix 6 Pro Sapphire to replace my 735xt. Not sure if I’ll sell the 735 as there is nothing wrong with it, or if I’ll keep it as a back up!

My only long term issue with the 735 is that it is a bit too lightweight. So, we’ll see how it goes with the bigger, cleverer big brother!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by andyjay View Post
    This thread tipped me over the edge... With the £30 off that Garmin/Jura are offering and the 15% discount, I now have on order a Fenix 6 Pro Sapphire to replace my 735xt.
    Hope you like it. I have started drifting towards a handheld GPS for hiking and a simpler fitness tracker/sports watch. Just dithering as usual!

Hi Ged, have been living with the Fenix 5x plus for a few days now and love it! Still on my first battery charge, combined with the phone is as useful and accurate as my handheld GPS62s, and doesn't seem too big (one thing I was worried about) on my wrist, and gives me something to do everyday having a tinker with screens and watch faces to make little improvements

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bigrich; 23rd April 2020 at 19:39.

Craftsman
    Well I had almost convinced myself to go for a Polar Ignite and a handheld GPS. But now Polar have released the Grit X and I am back comparing that to the Fenix. The Grit seems a good deal at £379.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrich View Post
    Hi Ted, have been living with the Fenix 5x plus for a few days now and love it! Still on my first battery charge, combined with the phone is as useful and accurate as my handheld GPS62s, and doesn't seem too big (one thing I was worried about) on my wrist, and gives me something to do everyday having a tinker with screens and watch faces to make little improvements

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    I've got a 6 and annoys me that hands cover what's underneath instead of being properly 'skeletonised' like real hands. Have you seen any that behave properly?

Master
    I picked up a Fenix 5S for £310 from Blacks, it's a nice piece of kit. Some things I have learned:

- great for biking, walking etc
    - less so for indoor sports (I play(ed) a lot of tennis and badminton)
    - some initial strap rash from the constant wear went away. I swop wrists now and did email Garmin and their response was good
    - in use the 'back' button becomes the 'lap' set. It would be good if you could change this, because when you're in an activity screen and you want to go back to the default screen I intuitively press 'back'. This then sets laps that I end up having to delete later as well as distracting me from what I'm doing. Could be user incompetence I know.
    - does more than I want and need and becomes very addictive

Ian

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by andyjay View Post
    This thread tipped me over the edge... With the £30 off that Garmin/Jura are offering and the 15% discount, I now have on order a Fenix 6 Pro Sapphire to replace my 735xt. Not sure if I’ll sell the 735 as there is nothing wrong with it, or if I’ll keep it as a back up!

My only long term issue with the 735 is that it is a bit too lightweight. So, we’ll see how it goes with the bigger, cleverer big brother!
    Same - just ordered my fenix 6 pro sapphire too!

Quote Originally Posted by Nudlar View Post
    Same - just ordered my fenix 6 pro sapphire too!
    Despite being told it was in stock and that I should receive it on Wednesday, I chased today to be told that they are awaiting stock which should be with them in a couple of days and I was on the list for a dispatch. Then later in the call, I was told that they were expecting them in today and again I was on the list. I then queried the website which says ‘in stock’ to be told that this must be a mistake, and would be changed (not that it effects me now!). It’s still showing as in stock...

I get it, but I’d rather be told the truth up front...

Craftsman
    Same for me Andy. Showed as in-stock on the site, but when followed up after ordering they noted stock is due in today and might not ship until early next week. Let me know when yours arrives.

Master
    For those still in the market for one of these I’ve just ordered a fenix 5x plus for £399 from here:
    https://www.runningxpert.com/en/garm...oaAuSeEALw_wcB

Will advise once it’s delivered.

Craftsman
    I'm currently using a Garmin Forerunner 45 which has HR and GPS tracking for runs but no maps. Currently enjoying it. List price is £170 and charge lasts for 5 days or so.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Finally decided to go with the Fenix 6 Pro. Got a good price from First Class Watches. They were great to deal with, they even sent me wrist shots to help me work out whether to go for the 6 or the 6X. Watch has just landed, after ordering on Thursday evening. Looking forward to checking out some functionality later.

How much was it? Still trying to decide

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    How much was it? Still trying to decide
    £469. I made an offer and got £489 as the original response. I mentioned that they had sold one at £469 (the post is in this thread) which they then came back with. The 6X would have been £509 as their absolutely lowest offer.

At £469, this seemed better than the Polar Grit X at £379 considering the extra functionality.

I was offered £499.

jura have it at £480 ish but I’d rather use first class watches

How's the build etc?

Craftsman
    I was offered £499.

How's the build etc?
    Go back to them and ask again. They gave me the £469 on the second go.

Build seems fine to me but I am not intending to wear it all the time, only when I am undertaking some activity. Personally it is too plastic for me to wear it all the time. Buttons seem crisp and the screen seems pretty good, even though it isn't a sapphire one. Pretty pleased so far but I'd be less pleased at full RRP

Master
    I was offered £499.

jura have it at £480 ish but I’d rather use first class watches

How's the build etc?
    £379 for the 5 plus sapphire
    £399 for the 5x plus sapphire
    Here: https://www.runningxpert.com/en/garmin-fenix

In most meaningful ways they are the same as the equivalent 6
    https://www.dcrainmaker.com/product-...102074#results

I’ve got the 5x plus sapphire on order.

Craftsman
    I purchased the fenix 6 sapphire from Jura watched for £551 - they have a code for 15% and agreed to give another 2.5% to match Quidco. Delighted with it so far.

SydR
    I currently have a Garmin Fenix 3 and a Suunto Spartan Ultra.

Toying between the Fenix 6 Pro (best price* £456) and the Polar Grit X (best price* £300). Not convinced myself that the 6 is worth the premium as I very likely won’t use the extra features.

* best price via my private health insurer.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudlar View Post
    I purchased the fenix 6 sapphire from Jura watched for £551 - they have a code for 15% and agreed to give another 2.5% to match Quidco. Delighted with it so far.
    I couldn't get Jura to go further than 15%. The deal I got with First Class is just about 17.3%, so fairly even.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SydR View Post
    Toying between the Fenix 6 Pro (best price* £456) and the Polar Grit X (best price* £300).
    If I could have got the Grit X at that price, I would have chosen that one.

SydR
    Quote Originally Posted by ged View Post
    If I could have got the Grit X at that price, I would have chosen that one.

Thanks its the one I’m edging towards.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    £379 for the 5 plus sapphire
    £399 for the 5x plus sapphire
    Here: https://www.runningxpert.com/en/garmin-fenix

In most meaningful ways they are the same as the equivalent 6
    https://www.dcrainmaker.com/product-...102074#results

I’ve got the 5x plus sapphire on order.
    When I saw your earlier post about the 5S I nearly went for them. What swung me to the 6 the size.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ged View Post
    £469. I made an offer and got £489 as the original response. I mentioned that they had sold one at £469 (the post is in this thread) which they then came back with. The 6X would have been £509 as their absolutely lowest offer.

At £469, this seemed better than the Polar Grit X at £379 considering the extra functionality.

Glad you got sorted. Really enjoying mine. Something I will probably upgrade in 3-4 years as technology improves but currently seems more than I’ll ever need!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Chilli View Post
    Glad you got sorted. Really enjoying mine. Something I will probably upgrade in 3-4 years as technology improves but currently seems more than I’ll ever need!
    Yes I am really enjoying mine. Have worn it all the time since getting it. Lots of nerdy data to look at, which is keeping the amused.

Still using a Fenix 5 (not the 5S) - see no point in upgrading. I run with it a lot, also use it for cycling, however mainly I used it as my HRM linked to my Garmin bike computer (Edge 810) for cycling.

The Fenix 5 is amazing - you might wanna see if you can pick one up cheap?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmul View Post
    Still using a Fenix 5 (not the 5S) - see no point in upgrading. I run with it a lot, also use it for cycling, however mainly I used it as my HRM linked to my Garmin bike computer (Edge 810) for cycling.

The Fenix 5 is amazing - you might wanna see if you can pick one up cheap?

Because the 5 is supposed to wear larger I really wanted a brilliant deal on it, which I just couldn't find. So bit the bullet and went all in on the 6.

Master
    I have a 5 sapphire and it’s a great watch