timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone had THE call

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall."

Verse 8 caught my eye while looking that up:

"Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues without right."
    I would like to hear Samuel L Jackson delivering those verses Pulp Fiction style

Craftsman
    I’m on a list for a 5167A, it’s the only watch that I am on a list for as there is nothing else I want to buy. Hoping I can get this before November this year!

Secretly hoping the individuals above me on that list refuse the watch if they are called

Apprentice
    I have just had a call of northern goldsmiths there is a sea-dweller with my name on it been on the list for 5 month with no previous history with them they have given me to Friday to give them a answer. They want 50% upfront and as soon as the store opens I pay the balance and pickup my watch Now I am confused about what to do in this bad times.just wondering what would you do. Newcastle U.K. :banghead:

Quote Originally Posted by Robr View Post
    I have just had a call of northern goldsmiths there is a sea-dweller with my name on it been on the list for 5 month with no previous history with them they have given me to Friday to give them a answer. They want 50% upfront and as soon as the store opens I pay the balance and pickup my watch Now I am confused about what to do in this bad times.just wondering what would you do. Newcastle U.K. :banghead:
    I would negotiate a discount or walk away. There'll be a ton on sale within a few weeks or months, and no buyers. When supply is high and demand is low, prices fall. The dealers and ADs know this. Don't get bounced into paying RRP.

I got the call to see if I wanted to reconsider buying that DJ that I didn't want 4 months ago just so I can get on the list for the Exp II.
    Shove it Rolex.
    On the other hand though, my Mrs got a text off Ocado to say we've got 2 delivery slots pre booked over the next 2 weeks. Not sure how much more bog roll we really need though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I wonder if people will remember the way they were treated by AD's if and when the tables turn. Fun times

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Despite what’s been suggested above, you’re not getting a discount. It’s just not going to happen.
    My advice is if it’s the piece you genuinely want and you can comfortably justify and afford it, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    I wonder if people will remember the way they were treated by AD's if and when the tables turn. Fun times

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    If Rolex consolidates it’s AD network to focus on Boutiques and Goldsmiths as I’ve heard suggested there may not be too much choice for the UK customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would suggest you were quite some way down the list and those above you are not takers in the present climate and pre-payment arrangements.

If you want to own the watch and it is a very nice piece, just remember you need to be in it for the long term, flipping to a grey if your mood or situation changes is not going to be a viable option for some time, if ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Despite what’s been suggested above, you’re not getting a discount. It’s just not going to happen.
    Why not? All consumer items, and especially discretionary purchases like a Rolex, are subject to the economic laws of supply and demand. Demand is about to fall off a cliff, supply is very high - these watches are not even remotely rare, there's thousands out there - so the price has to come down, otherwise they won't sell.

There are plenty of investment pieces sat in people’s safes. They won’t all weather the financial storm if they have a mortgage, PCP agreements, credit card debt etc. More will come onto the market. I feel especially sorry for those that just couldn’t deal with the wait for a Rolex and went to the grey dealers for a good shafting. Some of those will cave in and sell at a huge loss. Sad days for some.

Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    There are plenty of investment pieces sat in people’s safes. They won’t all weather the financial storm if they have a mortgage, PCP agreements, credit card debt etc. More will come onto the market. I feel especially sorry for those that just couldn’t deal with the wait for a Rolex and went to the grey dealers for a good shafting. Some of those will cave in and sell at a huge loss. Sad days for some.
    Sorry, I don't feel sorry for any of them. Watches should be bought for joy of watches, not for investment purposes. I made the same mistake when I bought a classic car. She looks brilliant, is presently running well (touch wood), but I have spent more on her than the increase in any value. I bought her as investment, now I'm getting what I deserve. Love driving her though

Master
    It’s only a matter of time before someone posts saying that they’ve had the call for say a Pepsi, hulk or BLNR and they’ve turned it down - then we’ll know the extent of things!

Quote Originally Posted by Holsterman View Post
    Why not? All consumer items, and especially discretionary purchases like a Rolex, are subject to the economic laws of supply and demand. Demand is about to fall off a cliff, supply is very high - these watches are not even remotely rare, there's thousands out there - so the price has to come down, otherwise they won't sell.
    I do take your point, but your point relates more to over RRP grey market watches.

I still maintain that ADs won’t be discounting steel sports pieces at all. Best case, any period of oversupply will result in some pieces sat in safes and being sold as and when people ask for them. Windows won’t be full of hulks and GMTs like some people have predicted, and at RRP steel sports supply will remain tight.

All just my opinion and if I end up being wrong I’ll happily return to eat some humble pie.

Blog Entries
    If you want it. Pay in full (by CC or two) and ask them to post it to you - to your card address.

Martyn.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    If you want it. Pay in full (by CC or two) and ask them to post it to you - to your card address.

Martyn.
    Rolex ADs in the UK won’t post Rolex watches. It’s against their agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    I do take your point, but your point relates more to over RRP grey market watches.

I still maintain that ADs won’t be discounting steel sports pieces at all. Best case, any period of oversupply will result in some pieces sat in safes and being sold as and when people ask for them. Windows won’t be full of hulks and GMTs like some people have predicted, and at RRP steel sports supply will remain tight.

All just my opinion and if I end up being wrong I’ll happily return to eat some humble pie.
    Along with nearly everyone else, the ADs will be struggling to make ends meet after the lockdown, so I doubt they'll be able to afford to just sit on any unsold stock. If we enter a deep recession or a depression, customers for a £10k steel watch will be very few and far between. The greys are going to be in real trouble as well. These watches have been dramatically overvalued, and it's high time for a correction.

This isn't wishful thinking on my part, btw. I think the ceramic sports Rolexes are, without exception, totally hideous, and I wouldn't be seen dead wearing one. I've been looking on from the sidelines for the past few years with ever-increasing bemusement.

All my opinion as well. Let's see how things shake down.

Anyone had THE call

I simply Don’t believe these dreamers on Facebook who say they have had the call.

They are still happily paying in some cases Double RRP in a supposedly falling market on all the current hot watches.. who would be that stupid ?? Only the Herd.

If your imaginary AD calls you with a piece that you have been on an imaginary waiting list for say 2 years then they has been manipulating and withholding stock from the market and has treated you with utter contempt and now he wants your cash 50% or 100% and you can collect when they reopen if that ever happens and you are happy to comply with their wishes..

Have you No self respect..

I’m just relieved I did all my Rolex shopping 20+ years ago before this BS started all fuelled by false rumour and the Herd buying watches they don’t like just because they believe they can turn a profit..

Rolex really has become the new Burberry..

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM112 View Post
    I’m just relieved I did all my Rolex shopping 20+ years ago before this BS started all fuelled by false rumour and the Herd buying watches they don’t like just because they believe they can turn a profit. Rolex really has become the new Burberry.
    Like, share and subscribe.

I had a call about an hour ago offering me a BB58 which I had enquired about nearly a year ago. I explained to the sales lady I had owned and since sold one so not interested. She went on to ask if i was interested in Rolex as they had a Explorer available which according to her are extremely rare!

I politely declined the offer.

Master
    OMG! That's awful to hear.
    But probably the cheapest vs. Chrono24 et al.

Craftsman

Quality

I simply Don’t believe these dreamers on Facebook who say they have had the call.

They are still happily paying in some cases Double RRP in a supposedly falling market on all the current hot watches.. who would be that stupid ?? Only the Herd.

If your imaginary AD calls you with a piece that you have been on an imaginary waiting list for say 2 years then they has been manipulating and withholding stock from the market and has treated you with utter contempt and now he wants your cash 50% or 100% and you can collect when they reopen if that ever happens and you are happy to comply with their wishes..

Have you No self respect..

I’m just relieved I did all my Rolex shopping 20+ years ago before this BS started all fuelled by false rumour and the Herd buying watches they don’t like just because they believe they can turn a profit..

Rolex really has become the new Burberry..

“Rolex really has become the new Burberry.”

Quality line🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    “Rolex really has become the new Burberry.”

Quality line藍
    Yes indeed.

Thread from TRF, definitely worth a look:

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=737076

Rumour has it that they will send you the warranty card as a gesture of goodwill, and keep the watch for a year.

Craftsman

Ponzi

Yes indeed.

Thread from TRF, definitely worth a look:

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=737076
    With Rolex becoming the new Burberry, it appears the WOS group have become the new Bernie Madoff.

These clowns have admitted to manipulating the Rolex SS Prof market in the past, now the sh1t has royally hit the fan the allocation stock they had earmarked out of the side door to their favourite grey is being touted to their waiting list/expression of interest customers to support their cashflow drought.

Journeyman
    I asked my local Rolex AD, Laings, Southampton if I could go on the waiting list for a Daytona last year. Sales person told me the waiting list was closed as it was now over 10 years wait!

None the less I emailed the manager to express my interest. I never received a reply.

Do you think I will get the call?

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    It’s only a matter of time before someone posts saying that they’ve had the call for say a Pepsi, hulk or BLNR and they’ve turned it down - then we’ll know the extent of things!
    See my earlier post...

I think the ceramic sports Rolexes are, without exception, totally hideous, and I wouldn't be seen dead wearing one. I've been looking on from the sidelines for the past few years with ever-increasing bemusement.
    I gave Goldsmiths a declaration of interest for a BLRO GMT 6 months ago. I’m not expecting THE call, but if I did, a big part of me would hesitate, as in many ways it is a “homage” to the 16710 BLRO. I think what I really want is a realignment if 16710 prices. Modern Rolex are very good watches, but “phat” and a bit blingy

D

Quote Originally Posted by Otherjohn View Post
    I asked my local Rolex AD, Laings, Southampton if I could go on the waiting list for a Daytona last year. Sales person told me the waiting list was closed as it was now over 10 years wait!

None the less I emailed the manager to express my interest. I never received a reply.

Doubtful, depends on how much you’ve been spending over the years I suppose.

Master
    Waiting for the call on an explorer for the wife’s 40th next year (no doubt it won’t happen in time), and also for my Pepsi. Wife’s is the priority, I have enough wrist ornaments & since lockdown have only been wearing my full metal G, not sure why!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Otherjohn View Post

Why don't you call/email them again considering the situation is different now?

Craftsman
    I’ve been offered a green faced Daytona and Sky Dweller over the last few years whilst actually in my AD , turned down both as I didn’t like them. Never even thought about buying and flipping them on as I had that little interest in them.

When I have had the call on watches I’ve ordered including Pepsi and BLNR GMT’s , one of the conditions they’ve applied is I must go in that day to purchase, no payment over the phone and or collection at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Your smaller AD is a business like any other..

Why does anyone think they would sell you an item that they maybe get less than 5 of a year at RRP when they have people willing to pay them close to double RRP with no questions asked and still goes through the books as a normal sale..

They have to maximise their income and it’s Naive at best kidding yourselves that you will be offered one of these rare pieces..

The rest of the sports models you may stand a fighting chance but don’t hold your breath..

Master
    Wow I had the CALL this morning - I’m ecstatic!!

Wife called me to say she’s managed to pick up some bread flour!

Naive at best kidding yourselves that you will be offered one of these rare pieces..

What are these rare pieces?

Your smaller AD is a business like any other..

Why does anyone think they would sell you an item that they maybe get less than 5 of a year at RRP when they have people willing to pay them close to double RRP with no questions asked and still goes through the books as a normal sale..

They have to maximise their income and it’s Naive at best kidding yourselves that you will be offered one of these rare pieces..

The rest of the sports models you may stand a fighting chance but don’t hold your breath..
    Ceramic Daytonas are not by any stretch of the imagination "rare", and are in continuous production, which will resume as soon as Rolex open up again. There's 732 of them FS on C24 right now.

People who may have previously been willing to pay over RRP are going to be few and far between. The game is up, the bubble has burst, and not before time.

Ceramic Daytonas are not by any stretch of the imagination "rare", and are in continuous production, which will resume as soon as Rolex open up again. There's 732 of them FS on C24 right now.

People who may have previously been willing to pay over RRP are going to be few and far between. The game is up, the bubble has burst, and not before time.
    Time will tell and I respect your opinion

But my opinion is the complete opposite I do not see any of the current hot pieces being available anytime soon anywhere close to RRP especially the Ceramic Daytona and what is considered vintage Daytona’s continue to see healthy gains.
    The bubble has not burst maybe some deflation from the vastly overhyped overheated prices and demand remains strong.
    Personally I never have and never will pay above RRP I come from an era where my pieces were all purchased at a discount including my 16518 but we live in different times and a Worldwide craving for these perceived luxury items continues to grow year on year.

Although C-19 May have something to say about that.

Wow I had the CALL this morning - I’m ecstatic!!

Wife called me to say she’s managed to pick up some bread flour!
    Yes but did she get a discount on RRP, or is this from a grey dealer?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggles View Post
    Sorry, I don't feel sorry for any of them. Watches should be bought for joy of watches, not f4or investment purposes. I made the same mistake when I bought a classic car. She looks brilliant, is presently running well (touch wood), but I have spent more on her than the increase in any value. I bought her as investment, now I'm getting what I deserve. Love driving her though
    Is that an A30 or A35 ??
    My dad had the latter 4773E and loved it.I think it ended up in Australia

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    Is that an A30 or A35 ??
    My dad had the latter 4773E and loved it.I think it ended up in Australia
    I think it's an A35 as it has the all chrome grill. But I could be wrong.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretzel View Post
    I think it's an A35 as it has the all chrome grill. But I could be wrong.
    I can only remember the A35 having a bigger rear window and that's about it.
    We were in Scotland once on one of those narrow roads that had passing places and had a head to head with a brand new Ford Escort ('68ish) old Betsy as she was known had a crumpled headlight and a little bit of other damage.
    The Escort was knackered.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    I probably will check the situation when things get back to new normal. I don't want one enough to pay over RRP and don't have any spending history with them. No harm in trying though.

Otherjohn

Master
    I got a call today from WoS offering me a non date sub. Payment upfront and then when the stores re-open the watch will be there.......

Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    I got a call today from WoS offering me a non date sub. Payment upfront and then when the stores re-open the watch will be there.......
    Are you going for it?

Master
    Not sure, when i get the email for payment I will call head office to confirm etc. It is a watch I have wanted, but would have to let go others to make room for it

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Not sure, when i get the email for payment I will call head office to confirm etc. It is a watch I have wanted, but would have to let go others to make room for it

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    It’s always interesting when something goes from ‘unavailable’ to ‘available’ and you need to start looking at what you will have to sacrifice to get it
    Good luck with your decision

Master
    So this does appear to be a phenomenon. What do we infer from it?

That ADs had some stock all along but are now under pressure to shift it? Surely unlikely.

That Rolex UK had some stock all along and have punted it to ADs to assure them of some income?

That Rolex Switz have punted the last batch of watches pre-shutdown to ADs, who are shifting them? Seems unlikely to explain the wide number of 'got the call' stories.

Where were these watches a month ago?

Are WOS offering you an actual watch or a promise that one may arrive when and if they reopen..

If the watch exists and is held in stock i would wanting the serial number as confirmation as soon as my money is sent.

Rolex have been closed for several weeks and nobody knows when production will resume and what pieces will be sent out to ADs

Just be careful there are reported scams from people reporting to be from dealers.... try ringing a trusted WOS number back to confirm if it is genuine offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    So this does appear to be a phenomenon. What do we infer from it?

That ADs had some stock all along but are now under pressure to shift it? Surely unlikely.

Where were these watches a month ago?
    I am fairly certain pieces were kept back all along as sweeteners for certain clients and to also drip feed into the grey market.

In the AD’s safe!

A few years ago I was offered a Daytona ceramic immediately provided I spent upwards of 30k on a precious metal watch.