closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Anyone had THE call

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Are FH still trading as FH since they sold their Rolex franchises to WoS and Beaverbrooks? What happened to FH lists?!
    I was in the Maidstone one on Thursday, just being nosy. They lost their Rolex & Omega AD status but are now doing Omega again. They told me the Rolex lists weren't retained. It'll be interesting if Beaverbrooks become Maidstone's Rolex AD, it's right opposite FH.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I bought two SS sports models from them and was told I was in 'allocation debt' and they were unlikely to sell me anything SS again unless I went the DJ or PM route
    Wow. Of all the offensive phrases to trip off the Rolex AD tongue, that has to take the prize.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    That's odd. I wonder if the proposed deal(s) referred to here last December fell through - in whole or part?

https://www.watchpro.com/rolex-and-f...-part-company/

"Fraser Hart has sold all seven stores that were authorised to sell Rolex watches and will no longer work with the brand."
    No, you’re correct! Scrolling to bottom of link to Brent Cross store states no longer part of FH etc.

Not clear if they have any Rolex stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    Wow. Of all the offensive phrases to trip off the Rolex AD tongue, that has to take the prize.
    Remaining in debt after paying in full. An interesting business idea!

Craftsman
    Fraser Hart sold their boutiques to WoS and Mappin & Webb. The stores would have gone through a process to renovate to the new brand and in some instances, remove certain sections (i.e. jewellery). In my ADs case, the staff were retained but the lists were lost into the ether but the relationship is still there. However, that doesn't help if you don't have spend history with WoS or Mappin & Webb!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I bought two SS sports models from them and was told I was in 'allocation debt' and they were unlikely to sell me anything SS again unless I went the DJ or PM route. Terrible company.
    Wow that's offensive. It's the polar opposite of my experiences at my own AD which is Mallory's in Bath. I've had every watch I've ever been on a list for with the exception of the PP Nautilus. Including a James Cameron Deep Sea & BLRO. Never has there been any suggestion of my having to buy anything that I didn't want in order to qualify. I'd never be able to look at a watch from such a seller without getting a sour taste in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    Wow that's offensive. It's the polar opposite of my experiences at my own AD which is Mallory's in Bath. I've had every watch I've ever been on a list for with the exception of the PP Nautilus. Including a James Cameron Deep Sea & BLRO. Never has there been any suggestion of my having to buy anything that I didn't want in order to qualify. I'd never be able to look at a watch from such a seller without getting a sour taste in my mouth.
    Me too. I haven't been back since.

Apprentice

OP

Quote Originally Posted by deegolf View Post
    Hi 1st post on here. I’m interested in an OP39 white dial, or a no date Sub. I’m going to see my local AD next week, but as I have no purchase history with them, how long would you think I’d have to wait for either model? I realise that the Sub will probably be impossible.

Thanks for help.
    Hello, I managed to find a rhodium OP this week at a London AD, probably the last one in the UK so I feel lucky. There are a very few red grape dials out there (I can give you some tips if you PM me), it seems white is the most sought-after model right now with 6-12 months waiting list, no chance unfortunately your local AD will have it in stock.

My lads mate went into Goldsmiths in Liverpool One today for a nose around and came out with this:

Blue Datejust 36mm with WG fluted bezel. He said it was out on display. I would have thought something like this would have stayed in the back for special customers.

^ I must admit, I haven't been paying attention but I hadn't previously thought 36mm DJ were that hard to find?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    ^ I must admit, I haven't been paying attention but I hadn't previously thought 36mm DJ were that hard to find?
    I think for a while the Blue dial ones, both 36mm and 41mm were getting hard to find. They turned up occasionally, but usually you had to express your interest.

Journeyman
    Anyone still getting the call or has the supply dropped off now ? wonder how the lockdown will effect the market/waiting times as Rolex weren't producing for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I think for a while the Blue dial ones, both 36mm and 41mm were getting hard to find. They turned up occasionally, but usually you had to express your interest.
    In my experience there were tons of 126200s (mostly on jubilee) in ADs pre covid but the fluted 126234s were thin on the ground, particularly the blue dial which in the flesh is gorgeous.

Master
    Still waiting for the call on my Cameron. There was a false alarm last week as a result of which I have been assured that I will get the very next one.
    I'd love to know exactly what they're doing to secure it but baby steps I guess...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    Still waiting for the call on my Cameron. There was a false alarm last week as a result of which I have been assured that I will get the very next one.
    I'd love to know exactly what they're doing to secure it but baby steps I guess...
    Did they give you an indication on how regular they come in ?. The dealer I'm on the list with for an SD43 said they were getting about 4-5 of SD43 a year and I had 4 people on the list in front of me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1988 View Post
    Did they give you an indication on how regular they come in ?. The dealer I'm on the list with for an SD43 said they were getting about 4-5 of SD43 a year and I had 4 people on the list in front of me.
    Apparently there is nobody in front of me - there were 2 who paid 100% deposits in lockdown and collected on reopening, leaving me.
    They didn't say how many they get a year. The guy said they have around 2 deliveries a month & that it shouldn't be a lengthy wait. Trouble is, if you are as impatient as me, tomorrow is too long. I need to be more zen...

Craftsman
    Apparently there is nobody in front of me - there were 2 who paid 100% deposits in lockdown and collected on reopening, leaving me.
    They didn't say how many they get a year. The guy said they have around 2 deliveries a month & that it shouldn't be a lengthy wait. Trouble is, if you are as impatient as me, tomorrow is too long. I need to be more zen...
    I've basically been told the same thing, but on a different watch. Think I'm as impatient as you and resisting the temptation to call the AD and find out how much longer its going to be!

Quote Originally Posted by RajLondon View Post
    I've basically been told the same thing, but on a different watch. Think I'm as impatient as you and resisting the temptation to call the AD and find out how much longer its going to be!
    I cannot understand why you would not call them for a update.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I cannot understand why you would not call them for a update.
    It's very tempting but I don't want to become "that customer". Thing is, if they gave me a timescale & an explanation of why it would take that long I could wait more readily. What grinds my gears is that I've waited for years to get a watch, now I have the money I'm reliant on the AD passively sitting there, waiting for one to drag itself into the store.
    Why aren't they trying to expedite the process? Why doesn't their stock control system tell them what items are at what stores, why aren't they trying to contact the manufacturer to tell them there's a customer looking to spend a not inconsiderable sum?
    Why?

It's for the allure!

It's very tempting but I don't want to become "that customer". Thing is, if they gave me a timescale & an explanation of why it would take that long I could wait more readily. What grinds my gears is that I've waited for years to get a watch, now I have the money I'm reliant on the AD passively sitting there, waiting for one to drag itself into the store.
    Why aren't they trying to expedite the process? Why doesn't their stock control system tell them what items are at what stores, why aren't they trying to contact the manufacturer to tell them there's a customer looking to spend a not inconsiderable sum?
    Why?
    Sorry I don’t understand, it’s not like the AD is doing you a favour they are providing a service to supply you a watch.

I would call up and speak with the store manager for an update explaining you have waited X years and would like to know when you could expect to receive your watch.

The people ringing up being “that customer" are the people getting the watches!
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 7th July 2020 at 22:15.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Sorry I don’t understand, it’s not like the AD is doing you a favour they are providing a service to supply you a watch.

I would call up and speak with the store manager for an update explaining you have waited X years and would like to know when you could expect to receive your watch.

The people ringing up being “that customer" are the people getting the watches!
    I've waited years in terms of my desire for a piece. I've only been on the books since May.

Why?
    You are one of many, they have no imperative to expedite as they (apparently) sell themselves 100 times over.

What makes you any different to the list(s)?.

That is one of the reasons I walked from the circus.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    You are one of many, they have no imperative to expedite as they (apparently) sell themselves 100 times over.

What makes you any different to the list(s)?.

That is one of the reasons I walked from the circus.
    They can only sell them if they get them in. They're in business to make money & I expect them to exert themselves a little bit for my cash. You're right that they seem not to need to though. I'll probably end up sadder & angrier but not much wiser...

They can only sell them if they get them in. They're in business to make money & I expect them to exert themselves a little bit for my cash. You're right that they seem not to need to though. I'll probably end up sadder & angrier but not much wiser...
    It is extremes though, go in and look at a watch sitting on display and they will be all over you like a rash, but ask for a hot SS Rolex and it's probably on a par with asking the manager if you can borrow his wife for the night.

Master
    Every sought-after model is effectively being sold at a discount on market price. Of course there’s a big queue. The store has no particular obligation to you; just buy at the genuine....ie ‘grey’ price if you really must have the watch. That’s what they cost in the open market.
    Otherwise, join everybody else in the queue and keep your fingers crossed. But don’t complain....