closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Anyone had THE call

Master
    Why don’t you get it sent to you?

Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    Not rolex but there is a blue dial overseas waiting for me in the VC boutique on new bond Street when they are able to open again once the lockdown eases up. Paid 50% deposit and they agreed that the final price I pay would be the pre price increase price so I'm just eagerly counting down the days

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Why don’t you get it sent to you?
    They say it's in the safe in the boutique and they're not allowed to open up or go inside until lockdown rules allow them to. Also, i want to try it on first because if it's too big for my small wrists, I won't proceed with the purchase

Only for an OP39!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    They say it's in the safe in the boutique and they're not allowed to open up or go inside until lockdown rules allow them to. Also, i want to try it on first because if it's too big for my small wrists, I won't proceed with the purchase

Thats the thing with these ADs, Im sure you would be allowed to go in and collect an item and send. Seems odd they cant do that to me.
    Seems like they dont actually have hands on these models....

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TROYBOY79 View Post
    Thats the thing with these ADs, Im sure you would be allowed to go in and collect an item and send. Seems odd they cant do that to me.
    Seems like they dont actually have hands on these models....
    As an AD, why would you go through the hassle, additional cost and risk when customers are fine with the government guidelines to pick up the piece they secured when stores are allowed to reopen..
    Last edited by Litcan91; 19th May 2020 at 14:36.

I got a call from Burrells Winchester to say my(sons) Tudor BB58 was in however they were having to close up shop the following day due to the virus. Once they are open again I will be popping down and calling in. This was back right when we went into lockdown as well so fingers crossed it is still available when they do open up. It's his birth year watch so don't want to miss the window!

Great choice. Though something tells me it's going to wear a little large on him, at least for a while.

Journeyman
    I went to Burrells last week in Winchester to pick my watch up

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Going back to those who have done deals with WoS, anybody had any news? I do know a couple of people who have gone for it. Personally not heard any news but a friend I know has had contact advising store is opening June 1 and appointments currently are being arranged! Sounds like great news.

Also, any more CALLS offering new watches? Or does it appear what they had in physical inventory is now fully allocated?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Going back to those who have done deals with WoS, anybody had any news? I do know a couple of people who have gone for it. Personally not heard any news but a friend I know has had contact advising store is opening June 1 and appointments currently are being arranged! Sounds like great news.

Also, any more CALLS offering new watches? Or does it appear what they had in physical inventory is now fully allocated?
    This is what I got a few days ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told "hopefully end of May" when I paid but that was always wishful. I'd be very happy if I got it early June but no one has got in touch to book an appt yet. I'm small fry so doubt I will be first. I did ask for a BLRO on top but no such luck.

Craftsman
    I know my AD pretty well and I get the impression they have no idea of either when they will reopen or when they’ll get the stock! Satisfied my money is safe though so it’s just a waiting game.

Apprentice

Anyone had THE call

I have noticed the “’’’””crew that kept saying OMG I would not leave a penny with the AD before I get my watch”’’”’, are a little quieter than they were a few weeks back...
    Last edited by Ped22; 21st May 2020 at 13:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Ped22 View Post
    I have noticed the “’’’””crew that kept saying OMG I would not leave a penny with the AD before I get my watch”’’”’, are a little quieter than they were a few weeks back...
    To be fair if they're wrong its cost them nothing. If we're wrong its cost us £9k. We don't have the watches on our wrists yet and there's plenty of time left run into issues.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    To be fair if they're wrong its cost them nothing. If we're wrong its cost us £9k. We don't have the watches on our wrists yet and there's plenty of time left run into issues.
    that’s the problem with modern society, people just day things without thinking about how it might impact others as long as it doesn’t cost them anything. Scaremongering is just an extension of that.

I can see why some wouldn’t put a deposit down but most (not all) who said they wouldn’t, didn’t even have the opportunity to turn it down in the first place!

Journeyman
    Well said, time will tell.

I think this was only to make the Rolex game more interesting .....:) :) :)
    No pain, no gain!

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I had the option on a non date, and with too many unknowns i decided against it. It is well and good with hindsight saying that it is different now.

As others have said, no watches have been collected yet. I am deciding as to whether to put a 100% down to collect next month. at least now it seems that is a possible date of collection. Before this was not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    I had the option on a non date, and with too many unknowns i decided against it.
    Out of interest which AD was it that offered the watch?

Journeyman
    It was based in Reading. I must have been on the list for the non date for ages, but forgotten about it. they actually contacted me the day of lock down, at that time I would have done it! oh well....

Craftsman
    I had the option on a non date, and with too many unknowns i decided against it. It is well and good with hindsight saying that it is different now.

As others have said, no watches have been collected yet. I am deciding as to whether to put a 100% down to collect next month. at least now it seems that is a possible date of collection. Before this was not an option.
    Is the option still there for you? Would they not have sold it by now?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Is the option still there for you? Would they not have sold it by now?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

The non date has gone now, so they offered me a few other watches. there was a SD43 available, but i would imagine that has gone now (and not sure i am comfortable spending that much)

Journeyman
    10 percent deposit until collection is the norm, no?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Euan Begbie View Post

not with WofS, it is 100% deposit and then collection. with other organisations i am sure the deposit needs to be a bit less. interestingly he said it was a 100% for SS models, so possibly they would take less for a Date Just or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Euan Begbie View Post

Nope. 100% is the new 10%.

not with WofS, it is 100% deposit and then collection. with other organisations i am sure the deposit needs to be a bit less. interestingly he said it was a 100% for SS models, so possibly they would take less for a Date Just or something.
    30% for bimetal via BT or 50% if you pay by card.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTMaster View Post
    Nope. 100% is the new 10%.

I anticipate a 150% deposit in the future with the additional 50% to be refunded on collection.

Journeyman
    No consistency to this at all. Are the reps / branches making their own calls to the deposit amount?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Litcan91 View Post
    No consistency to this at all. Are the reps / branches making their own calls to the deposit amount?
    there is a bit of consistency with SS sport models. they seem to all be 100%. i would imagine that all WofS dealers have the same deposit requirements.

Journeyman
    I got offered a Non date, and paid for it. I've not heard anything about opening dates yet.

As I'd need to do some traveling to pick it up, I don't expect I'll be able to collect for a while anyway.

If I had been offered I’d have happily paid on credit card, nothing to lose and a watch that I want to gain.

Now if only they would ring

Quote Originally Posted by Ped22 View Post
    We're all busy praying for you risk takers!