closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone had THE call

Journeyman
    I wll be in credit at somestage regardless as I'm waiting for a some refunds for cancelled flights and hotel deposits.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Dee View Post
    I wll be in credit at somestage regardless as I'm waiting for a some refunds for cancelled flights and hotel deposits.
    If you leave it there, if you have a direct debit they will probably try and refund it to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by peterdo View Post
    If you leave it there, if you have a direct debit they will probably try and refund it to you

I'm using the CC when shopping etc to give the current account a rest. I've had no income for 5 weeks and we're relying on the wife's wage until there's an update on the self employed assistance grant.
    Although i've just been shopping and put on the debit card!

Master
    I just had a call from Goldsmiths, offered me a date sub, no date sub, explorer 1 and 2 or a Rootbeer. Dont have a credit card but could buy any of them from my debit card. Tempted by no date sub but with only having a debit card not sure. I know its GS calling me as I know the manager really well BTW....

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    As above, most people use these cards for benefits. EG my American Express gives me BA points and companion voucher for a qualifying spend throughout the year. If I needed to make a large purchase on this card above my limit, I would put into a positive balance just a day or so before the transaction. This would not cause a problem in such a short time and you would benefit from all the miles/vouchers etc.
    You can easily just call and ask for a 48 hour increase for a specific purchase. Most companies will allow this and it doesn't require going through the process or increasing your card limit like it normally would. Much easier than going into positive balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    I just had a call from Goldsmiths, offered me a date sub, no date sub, explorer 1 and 2 or a Rootbeer. Dont have a credit card but could buy any of them from my debit card. Tempted by no date sub but with only having a debit card not sure. I know its GS calling me as I know the manager really well BTW....
    They offered all or one?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    They offered all or one?
    They told me what had been allocated to them so as I could select one. I got the feeling though if I wanted more than one it would not be an issue.

They told me what had been allocated to them so as I could select one. I got the feeling though if I wanted more than one it would not be an issue.
    Pretty soon we'll also be asking for discounts :-)

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post

Those were the days and interest free credit to boot

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post

Like 2014 when i got 13.5% off a Rolex.

Master
    I see your 13.5% off an Explorer 2 and raise you with 20% off a BLNR Also in 2014 so that was clearly a good year! Wouldn't I like that to happen again!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mmgg1988 View Post
    I see your 13.5% off an Explorer 2 and raise you with 20% off a BLNR Also in 2014 so that was clearly a good year! Wouldn't I like that to happen again!
    Wouldn't that be nice....

Journeyman
    Ive been pursuing a GMT at retail for ages as a first dabble into Rolex territory to no avail. I had a business trip to Boston planned for end of March and had found a dealer there who could source stock at RRP - due to Covid trip was cancelled!

Ive since contacted my local retailer (Mallory of Bath) who have given me the standard blurb on long waiting lists.

The hunt continues......

So which you going to go for?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    So which you going to go for?
    Sub no date, love the simple look. Ive been lucky to pick up an SD43 and a Daytona over the past couple of years so think the no date will fit in well.

Craftsman
    I was thinking, yep can hear my cogs turning, whether it would be a good idea to have a poll on what Rolex has been offered. To illustrate the most held back model? Personally, im technically inept of setting up something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seadweller75 View Post
    I was thinking, yep can hear my cogs turning, whether it would be a good idea to have a poll on what Rolex has been offered. To illustrate the most held back model? Personally, im technically inept of setting up something like that.

Daytona (probably white dial) followed by the Black dial and then the GMT.

Sorted 👍

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

Sorted 
    Now that was easy. :-)

Craftsman

Sorted 👍
    Guessing the blue dial sky dweller is up there with the top

It clear from the number of posts on the forum alone who have had "the call" that there was never any real shortage of these watches and the sudden avalibilty is no doubt due to the grey's closing there doors as not wanting to hold stock that won't sell above RRP.

Forum members must account for a very small percentage of the market so it makes you wonder how many have actually been offered to the general public.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    It clear from the number of posts on the forum alone who have had "the call" that there was never any real shortage of these watches and the sudden avalibilty is no doubt due to the grey's closing there doors as not wanting to hold stock that won't sell above RRP.

Forum members must account for a very small percentage of the market so it makes you wonder how many have actually been offered to the general public.
    Yes I reckon you are absolutely correct. Helps that Various Asian countries have seen a fall in demand too.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman

No shortage.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post

Shortage has been an illusion feed by AD to use the Steel sports as a bargaining chip over buyers and increase their revenues by quite simply being dishonest with clients , You want a Pepsi Gmt, then you have to buy this two tone Datejust with poo brown dial.

Been mentioned many times on this forum and rings true now more than ever on the behaviour of the AD network,
    Disrespect people like they have when they are having it good, do not expect them to respect you when times are bad.

Apprentice

Sorted 👍
    I would actually be interested to know how many have been offered a SS Daytona be it black or white... dont think theres been anywhere near as many as GMTs and Subs!

What I think it shows are gone are the days of people paying over RRP from the majority of the SS models exception being the Daytona.

Master
    I think the only real losers in this situation will be those who have paid over RRP and of course greys. Hopefully the majority of those wanting a hot model will now be able to get one and residuals will remain good rather than what we have seen of late.

Although I am lucky enough to have a few of these so called hot watches which are all currently at a premium I genuinely hope that all the hype dies down and prices return to normal. It will enable me once again enjoy my watches for what they are.

Be great to start wearing them on holiday again for example, rather than being scared of being mugged. Not that well be going on holiday anytime soon........

I think the only real losers in this situation will be those who have paid over RRP and of course greys. Hopefully the majority of those wanting a hot model will now be able to get one and residuals will remain good rather than what we have seen of late.

Although I am lucky enough to have a few of these so called hot watches which are all currently at a premium I genuinely hope that all the hype dies down and prices return to normal. It will enable me once again enjoy my watches for what they are.

Be great to start wearing them on holiday again for example, rather than being scared of being mugged. Not that well be going on holiday anytime soon........
    The Grey market makes its margins whatever the market demands..the only difference being in recent years they have been selling pieces at premiums rather than offering heavy discounts.
    Its the flippers who make the real money not the dealers..
    Personally I have no sympathy whatsoever for the idiots that have paid and continue to pay huge premiums on RRP thinking that they would keep going up..
    The sooner people can start enjoying their watches again rather than scared to wear them in case they scratch them the better.

Ill admit ive not read every reply but scan reading through this it doesnt appear many have had the call at all. A few yes, but most replies here are not people who have had the call. Is it really any more than wed see in normal times. There are always people showing their new Rolex arrivals, not sure these volumes are really any different. Id be interested in any poll outcomes.

Craftsman

Anyone had THE call

Quote Originally Posted by Ped22 View Post
    I would actually be interested to know how many have been offered a SS Daytona be it black or white... dont think theres been anywhere near as many as GMTs and Subs!

Agree, would be good to know. Mainly because i was offered a new BLNR today, but its not something im interested in. The last recession, i was offered a SS Daytonna once a month from different Ads for a year. Mind you my name had been on their list for 5 years back then.

Last edited by Seadweller75; 29th April 2020 at 20:18.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    Ill admit ive not read every reply but scan reading through this it doesnt appear many have had the call at all. A few yes, but most replies here are not people who have had the call. Is it really any more than wed see in normal times. There are always people showing their new Rolex arrivals, not sure these volumes are really any different. Id be interested in any poll outcomes.
    Have to agree with this, in normal circumstances the same amount of available pieces as offered now would most probably be sold by the ADs without anyone even noticing.

When you also take into account that a large proportion of opportunities are declined, quite a few on the endless list will get a call for the same piece before someone finally bites. The current assumption seems to be that every call equates to an additional watch.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ped22 View Post

As I've posted before, i had the call for a SD43 on Monday, which i'm having.

I also registered an interest in a white ss sky dweller as well and spoke briefly with the manager about that. His words were that buying this SD, together with my buying history (got a Black Bay and bi-metel ladies dj from them) will increase my chances when one is available. How true that is I don't know but what I do know is that i'm going to chance my arm and get on the Daytona list as well when I pick the SD up.

Blog Entries
    Anyone actually picked up anything from an AD yet?

I was told "hopefully end of May" when I paid. Think mid June will be more likely.

Master
    I was told early June tentatively when the watch was offered and it was still the same a couple of days ago.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Dee View Post
    I also registered an interest in a white ss sky dweller as well and spoke briefly with the manager about that. His words were that buying this SD, together with my buying history (got a Black Bay and bi-metel ladies dj from them) will increase my chances when one is available.
    I always think it's odd that a purchaser gets "credit" with an AD for buying something sought after. (Obviously you have bought more than that, but have seen similar comments before.)

Journeyman
    Well yes. I'd never considered it either. I've never bought a watch to get up a list but understand from doing a little reading that it's common to buy a watch that you may not even want just to get priority on a hot piece. I don't think I could ever want something that much to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I always think it's odd that a purchaser gets "credit" with an AD for buying something sought after. (Obviously you have bought more than that, but have seen similar comments before.)
    Sent from my Pixel 3 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    My friend has just paid 50% deposit on a James Cameron for delivery first week June. I warned him about the credit card issues and he seem assured the dealer has /will have the stock in time.

Wonder where these are coming from if Rolex are closed. Do they have a generous stock for distributors or is it a cash generation exercise?

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    My friend has just paid 50% deposit on a James Cameron for delivery first week June. I warned him about the credit card issues and he seem assured the dealer has /will have the stock in time.

Wonder where these are coming from if Rolex are closed. Do they have a generous stock for distributors or is it a cash generation exercise?
    Already covered in detail above.

Credit card fully protected. Amex even confirmed this for me twice and WoS confirmed by email.

SS has been 100% deposit throughout shutdown so if your friend has paid 50% perhaps it's new stock en route as Rolex reopened earlier this week so could have shipped some out.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post

In my understanding, this is the normal stock of watches that in normal circumstances would have moved much quicker, given the situation, they are having to work through the wider list to secure opportunities with individuals that are happy to take the risk.

The question is, when they go through the stock that they went into lockdown with, how easy would the said hot pieces be to obtain and what would the supply/demand look like..

I've had a text asking if I'm still interested in a BLRO.

Master
    I understand the WoS consolidate their lists to see if anyone is on multiple dealers wont lists, but anyone know if I can move the wait list position to another dealer?

Within the dealership each member of staff has their own list so I really dont think Im going to get any calls.

Can purchase history be moved within the group ?

Purchase history is with the group not the store.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Purchase history is with the group not the store.
    Thanks. I get the invites from head office to events but nothing from the dealer and they wont even hold a watch for me to buy later in the day so I think it time to write to HO and move the relationship

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
    I've had a text asking if I'm still interested in a BLRO.
    Uh oh...

Are you?
    Last edited by Litcan91; 17th May 2020 at 17:43.

Master
    so i rejoiced the non date sub ( i should not have) but now have sold some watches so have the funds available. I spoke to a manager and he said that they had explorers, milgauss available but you had to pay the 100% down and hopeful of a June collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Litcan91 View Post
    Uh oh...

Are you?
    Of course

My guess is that the member of staff is doing some work from home and working their way through the lists.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
    Of course

My guess is that the member of staff is doing some work from home and working their way through the lists.
    Haha, I can't think of anyone who wouldn't be

Would be interesting to hear how this progresses and when they'd be in a position to handover the piece!

Craftsman
    Not rolex but there is a blue dial overseas waiting for me in the VC boutique on new bond Street when they are able to open again once the lockdown eases up. Paid 50% deposit and they agreed that the final price I pay would be the pre price increase price so I'm just eagerly counting down the days

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Master
    Why dont you get it sent to you?

Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    Not rolex but there is a blue dial overseas waiting for me in the VC boutique on new bond Street when they are able to open again once the lockdown eases up. Paid 50% deposit and they agreed that the final price I pay would be the pre price increase price so I'm just eagerly counting down the days

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Why dont you get it sent to you?
    They say it's in the safe in the boutique and they're not allowed to open up or go inside until lockdown rules allow them to. Also, i want to try it on first because if it's too big for my small wrists, I won't proceed with the purchase

Only for an OP39!