closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone had THE call

Or the saleman's severed finger in the post!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Companies one should be very wary of giving money to atm are those that are so desperate that they're reduced to selling promises by phone. They wouldn't be doing this if they didn't have to, and the fact that they have to is a big ?
    This.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

It sounds risky but doubt if WOS is going to go under. In general, if there is uncertainty- better to abstain.
    What WOS is after is some running capital and they seem to have decided that cash in hand is better than maximising future profits. I wouldn’t do it because I am against the idea of showing that much desperation for a watch but I wouldn’t talk anyone out of it without knowing their circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    It sounds risky but doubt if WOS is going to go under. In general, if there is uncertainty- better to abstain.
    What WOS is after is some running capital and they seem to have decided that cash in hand is better than maximising future profits. I wouldn’t do it because I am against the idea of showing that much desperation for a watch but I wouldn’t talk anyone out of it without knowing their circumstances.
    Sound advice, go in with eyes wide open and make sure you already have a watch on your wrist when making the decision to help avoid being blinded and succumbing to the desire of it becoming a must have.

Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    I got my email confirmation and I have five days to pay for the watch. It asking for the full amount

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    As security can't they fill in the warranty card and post that out? Confirms allocation to a serial number. Plus whole payment on a credit card.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Integrale View Post
    As security can't they fill in the warranty card and post that out? Confirms allocation to a serial number. Plus whole payment on a credit card.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    This is a great suggestion - hopefully they can actually access the safes and are not just phoning off a stock list.

Quote Originally Posted by Integrale View Post
    I could be wrong, but AIUI WoS are asking you to pay via a third party with your credit card. No protection if it goes awry.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Holsterman;5389230]I could be wrong, but AIUI WoS are asking you to pay via a third party with your credit card. No protection if it goes awry.[/QUOTE]

If that is correct, it is shocking and just shows their howling arrogance in thinking their customers are stupid!

Master
    the link in the email is to a website called 'checkout shopper' so I guess it is a third party payment provider

Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post

If that is correct, it is shocking and just shows their howling arrogance in thinking their customers are stupid!
    Post 20 in this thread, and I think that's what Paul Thorpe is saying.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=737076

Just when you think Rolex ADs can't sink any lower, they surprise you again.

Master
    Hmmm. Not sure. Third party means you pay somebody who then sends the cash to WoS. I don't think that is the case here. The link is actually a payment gateway...of course third party...they all are..on your bank statement it will say WoS.

It is not anything similar to PayPal.

My view on this. Even if they fear going bust. They will not care if you pay direct they want to make you happy all is fine. Why would they risk anything different? They just want the cashflow.

Still does not mean that all other points in this thread don't apply. They are desperate. That is for sure. S75 should apply. But I certainly would not want the pain of going through a claim with this one if they disappear.

Just my two pence!
    Last edited by Boss13; 19th April 2020 at 11:41.

Just got "the email" re a D-Blue. I was on the list but forgot. I declined and asked if it's possible to get an SD43 instead.

I think if the warranty card is filled out (assuming old style warranty cards come with these watches) I don't have any huge concerns as that's proof they are genuinely your property. Perhaps they could post the warranty card and keep the watch until it reopens?

I would much prefer posted. Patek are letting ADs do it so no reason why Rolex can't allow it too.

Master
    I got the email too...deep sea 126660 and GMT 126711CHNR, and I wasn’t even on the list for either!

Declined both as I’m on the list for a GMT 126710 BLRO...hopefully the way they are fishing for sales it won’t be too long a wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Seems to be quite a few on here that have had them call’. Add them to all the others on all the lists that aren’t on this forum (50x? 100x? More?) and that seems like a huge amount of Rolex watches that have suddenly become available. Either they’ve been storing them in their safes, or Rolex decided to ship a large amount of fully made watches in their Geneva safe before production was stopped, or something else?

Craftsman
    By the look of the current trends, the number of available watches may not be that large, it is just that the majority on the list are declining the opportunity. So the reps continue working through the long list.

Just a possibility...

Quote Originally Posted by Litcan91 View Post
    By the look of the current trends, the number of available watches may not be that large, it is just that the majority on the list are declining the opportunity. So the reps continue working through the long list.

Just a possibility...
    Definitely. While going 100mph into a full blown recession what % of people who are offered a £10k watch are going to jump at the chance? Not many.

Master
    I asked again about a gmt , but he said that i would have to show purchase history with them. I have an interest free credit card. It may take the hit tomoy

Master
    Tomorrow

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Definitely. While going 100mph into a full blown recession what % of people who are offered a £10k watch are going to jump at the chance? Not many.
    Exactly
    Previously people would have taken a deep blue or SD43 as they knew a grey would be willing to give them a 1-2K profit but now I don't imagine a grey would offer list for these so many won't be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Exactly
    Previously people would have taken a deep blue or SD43 as they knew a grey would be willing to give them a 1-2K profit but now I don't imagine a grey would offer list for these so many won't be interested.
    I imagine most pre-owned dealers would be offering below list if buying in at all.

As soon as the flippers realise there is no quick profit and stop buying pre-owned prices will naturally drop below RRP.
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 21st April 2020 at 07:40.

Journeyman
    A clear adjustment is taking place. The amount of people prepared to spend 8-10k on a Rolex has reduce dramatically in the last 3 weeks. Go and make fiends with your AD asap if you are in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    A clear adjustment is taking place. The amount of people prepared to spend 8-10k on a Rolex has reduce dramatically in the last 3 weeks. Go and make fiends with your AD asap if you are in the market.
    I beg to differ
    Just watch the Various Rolex forums on Facebook..
    Dealers still hyping the hype..and the Herd follow blindly..
    Crazy Crazy premiums still being paid No real drop in prices from pre C-19 lockdown levels..
    It’s like a parallel universe where nothing has changed and anything going on outside of their virtual Facebook world doesn’t exist..

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM112 View Post
    I beg to differ
    Just watch the Various Rolex forums on Facebook..
    Dealers still hyping the hype..and the Herd follow blindly..
    Crazy Crazy premiums still being paid No real drop in prices from pre C-19 lockdown levels..
    It’s like a parallel universe where nothing has changed and anything going on outside of their virtual Facebook world doesn’t exist..

The thing is are they actually being sold or just withdrawn as if sold to keep up the hype. If they are being sold then at what price compared to advertised.

Dealer buy in prices on SS Rolex are down around 30% less than what they were begin of the year and this is across several dealers.

Just look at the number that have been on SC alone over the past month and unless keenly priced not moving very fast.
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 21st April 2020 at 08:25.

In my opinion it would be madness to drop this kind of money on a watch with the current situation. But everyone has different financial obligations.

Anyone had THE call

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    The thing is are they actually being sold or just withdrawn as if sold to keep up the hype. If they are being sold then at what price compared to advertised.

Dealer buy in prices on SS Rolex are down around 30% less than what they were in February and this is across several dealers.
    If you follow the threads on Facebook they are clearly still selling at the crazy premiums..

There is one Guy on there with a ready supply of all the so called hot models and seemingly no shortage of buyers.. despite what is clearly happening in the real world these Facebook forums seem immune to reality.

Dealers buying in..now that is something very different we have seen examples of what the big boys are offering and anyone selling to a dealer now is going to get torn a new one as nobody knows how long and what the fallout from this will involve.

Last edited by SteveM112; 21st April 2020 at 08:31.

If you follow the threads on Facebook they are clearly still selling at the crazy premiums..

There is one Guy on there with a ready supply of all the so called hot models and seemingly no shortage of buyers.. despite what is clearly happening in the real world these Facebook forums seem immune to reality.

Is it not possible models are shifted around between dealers to give the impression they are selling and still in demand.

Is it not possible models are shifted around between dealers to give the impression they are selling and still in demand.
    That’s how the current hype started 4 years ago dealers selling to dealers and the occasional piece reaching the private buyer who must have it at double RRP.
    Dealer Roman Sharf explains this very well on his YouTube channel. He cuts through the BS and tells it how it is.

That’s how the current hype started 4 years ago dealers selling to dealers and the occasional piece reaching the private buyer who must have it at double RRP.
    Dealer Roman Sharf explains this very well on his YouTube channel. He cuts through the BS and tells it how it is.

I do not have a problem with a dealer making a profit as that is why they are in business, its the chancers that are the problem.

Having dealt with a couple of dealers who were both excellent and fair I will continue to do so for there knowledge and security it brings when purchasing.
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 21st April 2020 at 09:01.

Just got an email back - SD43 mine if I want it. I've asked a couple of questions before paying as I'd like to have the warranty card posted or at least serial number on the receipt. Once I have a reply I'll call my credit card company to determine if I go ahead with it.

Just got an email back - SD43 mine if I want it. I've asked a couple of questions before paying as I'd like to have the warranty card posted or at least serial number on the receipt. Once I have a reply I'll call my credit card company to determine if I go ahead with it.
    Shelve that and go all in for a Ceramic Daytona.

You might get lucky in the Goldsmiths Covid Tombola.

Honestly the way they Rolex/AD's have been distributing these watches over the last 2 years is an absolute disgrace and I say that as a beneficiary in some ways on the back of my relationship with DMR. I really cannot wait for the hype to be killed off on these baubles.

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Shelve that and go all in for a Ceramic Daytona.

You might get lucky in the Goldsmiths Covid Tombola.
    Haha I think that would be pushing my luck slightly. I'm on the list for an Aquanaut with the same AD and they haven't mentioned one so I think for the ultra-hyped models they're still fine, just need help with the bread and butter.

Craftsman
    I'm sure Rolex will not be so quick to give up its 'hard to get' legacy that had taken quite some time to build.

They really don't come across as a short term focus company.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I've just had THE call. From my wife from the back bedroom. Seems it's my turn to make lunch

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Exactly
    I agree that's what's started the boom with deep blue, but it's a none starter these days it seems as big watch probably only a small percentage of folk that can actually get away with wearing that size watch.

the was a few not long back unworn at near list in sales which struggled.

I think ceramic Daytona won't change much still high demand and blue sky dweller.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bokbok; 21st April 2020 at 11:59.

I would insist at the very least a screenshot of the Warranty Card with my details filled in..
    I can fully understand an ADs reluctance to send out the card as they are irreplaceable if lost for whatever reason.
    If they decline then I would assume they have no physical stock and you are merely buying a promise that they hope to fulfil if and when they open again and once Rolex starts production again..

I would insist at the very least a screenshot of the Warranty Card with my details filled in..
    I agree however if these watches have new warranty cards there's no name on them (I think due to GDPR) which is why I'm keen for the serial number on the receipt.

If they decline then I would assume they have no physical stock and you are merely buying a promise that they hope to fulfil if and when they open again and once Rolex starts production again..
    This is my thinking too and what I'm trying to avoid.

Craftsman
    I can fully understand an ADs reluctance to send out the card as they are irreplaceable if lost for whatever reason.

The postage policy from Rolex is probably more to do with control of ecom.

Whilst if they had no stock, I don't see why they wouldn't be offering out the 'hottest' models, punters will surely then be more likely to bite.
    Last edited by Litcan91; 21st April 2020 at 12:30.

Craftsman
    Just had an email from Goldsmith for a None date Sub. They want 100% up front and collect after the lockdown.

I'm thinking about it now but I think I will go for it.

Craftsman
    Personal choice but i'd be very wary about paying 100% up front. If it's available now it will be available post covid -19 imo. The risk reward ratio is off for me personally.

However, it's a lovely watch and if you are comfortable assuming the risk good luck and congratulations :)

Master
    So I have emailed goldsmiths to say that I don’t want the non date sub at this time, I would rather wait for a gmt.....we shall see if one comes up and if not, no worries

Craftsman
    I have contacted Goldsmiths to say, Yes I want the Sub No date.

I was thinking about asking to be put onto the list for a Sub Hulk. Anyone know what the waiting list currently looks like for a Hulk?
    Last edited by Happyal; 21st April 2020 at 18:34.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyal View Post
    Just had an email from Goldsmith for a None date Sub. They want 100% up front and collect after the lockdown.

I'm thinking about it now but I think I will go for it.
    Why couldn’t you collect the watch now? I take if the AD is open given they have accepted delivery of the watch. Or perhaps they could have it home delivered after the money is in their account?

Master
    They are not currently open and have a few workers calling up people on waiting lists. They are not permitted to post out Rolex watches, so you can only collect from the retailer once they are open.

Apprentice
    Right. So how can they be sure they will receive specific stock? I’d hate to pay upfront only then to be told to wait another few weeks as there had been a mistake on Rolex’s end.

They can be sure they have it in stock as WoS have the stock. It's in the WoS distribution centre so it is in hand and not something due in from Rolex. As it is in a distribution centre the salesperson you speak to has no access to the watch or the warranty card.

Head office are giving an allocation of watches to stores from that central stock and those stores are allowing you to reserve. If you pay one watch will be removed from the central stock and put against your name and purchasing store. Once this is all over I'm sure they will just pick a Sub at random from the allocation and you'll collect it in due course.

Regarding the third party it's Ayden and it's just a payment processing company. They process payments for Netflix, Spotify etc. No different than buying a watch in store and putting your card in the machine. That card machine is a third party too. Same as shopping in Tesco etc. Fully covered by section 75 (I will verify this with my credit card company before paying) and will show up on your statement at WoS, not a third party.

Master
    They can be sure they have it in stock as WoS have the stock. It's in the WoS distribution centre so it is in hand and not something due in from Rolex. As it is in a distribution centre the salesperson you speak to has no access to the watch or the warranty card.

Head office are giving an allocation of watches to stores from that central stock and those stores are allowing you to reserve. If you pay one watch will be removed from the central stock and put against your name and purchasing store. Once this is all over I'm sure they will just pick a Sub at random from the allocation and you'll collect it in due course.

Regarding the third party it's Ayden and it's just a payment processing company. They process payments for Netflix, Spotify etc. No different than buying a watch in store and putting your card in the machine. That card machine is a third party too. Same as shopping in Tesco etc. Fully covered by section 75 (I will verify this with my credit card company before paying) and will show up on your statement at WoS, not a third party.
    I hope you can get comfortable with the payment and go for the SD43. It is a great watch, i know you spoke about it on here before. I picked it up in Jan and I think it is now my favourite watch in my collection. The size really is not an issue and it just works, fantastic proportions! Good luck with it.

WoS are another story altogether (odd what they are doing for sure) but if you can get your desired watch from them with the appropriate financial protection, go for it!

I personally don’t see why anyone would rush in to purchasing at the moment.

It’s quite obvious they are being turned down by a lot of people so when the stores do open I imagine they will be available from the AD windows and maybe even with a small discount.

I think the clever money will hold out.

I personally don’t see why anyone would rush in to purchasing at the moment.

It’s quite obvious they are being turned down by a lot of people so when the stores do open I imagine they will be available from the AD windows and maybe even with a small discount.
    might be wishful thinking seeing them in windows and discounts

Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    might be wishful thinking seeing them in windows and discounts

Why when all of a sudden there seems to be a glut of them appearing and being offered to people and who knows how many are being turned down.

Don’t forget it was only 5 years ago most SS model were in windows and offered with small incentives like a discount or free first service etc.
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 21st April 2020 at 20:24.

Why when all of a sudden there seems to be a glut of them appearing and being offered to people.
    they still trying to get money in while closed. you won't see them sat in windows as they don't put them in windows if they do have them in the back.