closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone had THE call

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Someone I follow on IG in Paris was called this morning out of the blue, offered a SD43, and took it. Seems like whatever was in the last batch shipped out from Rolex SD43 was making up a fair amount of it.
    I have had a feeling the SD43 would be discontented at some point. Could be next year or two...I remember when BLNR was going and there were a few incomings, more than normal. Guessing Rolex clearing the model.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Master
    They sourced me an explorer fairly easily so I would imagine they are in the system

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    I have had a feeling the SD43 would be discontented at some point. Could be next year or two...I remember when BLNR was going and there were a few incomings, more than normal. Guessing Rolex clearing the model.

Think it is unlikely being a model that is only a few years old, with a brand new and unique case. They may remove the red writing, so make only a modest change

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Think it is unlikely being a model that is only a few years old, with a brand new and unique case. They may remove the red writing, so make only a modest change
    True! Well they added the crown already so that could be the subtle change done!

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC View Post
    So, I've had the call (email). The model on offer... Air King... thoughts from all would be very welcomed re the model. I think a 214270 would be an instant yes. It would be my first Rolex or nice watch of any brand. Happy 40th to me.
    As you can all see from my stats on the left of this post, I'm a long time reader but this is my first post, so please be gentle.
    Spoke to the Store Manager again today and from what he was saying the majority of SS models Submariners, GMT's and Explorers etc are now in the system and available for purchase.

I asked him why previously they were not available and he claimed it was due to the large purchasers bulk buying the in demand models which were held back for them. He went on to say that these big buyers are no longer spending at the moment hence the availability.

Its fair to say most of us knew this anyway but nice to hear it from the horses mouth.

BS- Does that mean I can call an AD (closest is probably Chester) and ask to buy an SD43 and not be laughed at?

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    BS- Does that mean I can call an AD (closest is probably Chester) and ask to buy an SD43 and not be laughed at?
    You can give it a try anyway

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk

Maybe the Manager is BS ing but you only need to read this thread to see many have been offered / allocated watches.

And lets be honest how many people are dropping £8 -10k on a watch at the moment.
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 30th May 2020 at 20:55.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Spoke to the Store Manager again today and from what he was saying the majority of SS models Submariners, GMT's and Explorers etc are now in the system and available for purchase.

I asked him why previously they were not available and he claimed it was due to the large purchasers bulk buying the in demand models which were held back for them. He went on to say that these big buyers are no longer spending at the moment hence the availability.

Its fair to say most of us knew this anyway but nice to hear it from the horses mouth.
    Does this mean that the said AD could get a BLNR or BLRO without a waitlist for a general punter?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Litcan91 View Post
    Does this mean that the said AD could get a BLNR or BLRO without a waitlist for a general punter?
    My AD has offered me a Daytona which I’ve taken and I asked for a Rolesor CHNR for my friend to which she replied “I can try to find out whether anyone else in the group has it”. She then got back to me later on and said there were none in stock.

If they don’t have a two tone GMT which is more expensive and arguably less desirable than the SS subs/GMTs - on the basis I don’t think the statement that “SS watches are freely available” true...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea if honest, I only know that he said SS models were available within the group.

Craftsman
    It does sound too good to be true..

Master
    No idea if honest, I only know that he said SS models were available within the group.
    Unlikely. All that they had are long since allocated now.

So, I've had the call (email). The model on offer... Air King.
    Consolation prize.

No pretty much

"I asked him why previously they were not available and he claimed it was due to the large purchasers bulk buying the in demand models which were held back for them. He went on to say that these big buyers are no longer spending at the moment hence the availability."

It never fails to amaze me the tolerance and acceptance of buyers who continue to support certain ADs knowing that these Hot pieces are generally sold at a premium to the Grey market who in turn create the false inflated hyped market for them and are only offered watches when the Greys seemingly turn the back on the AD...

Social Media hype and FOMO really is a powerful drug.

Give it a try. However the fact they didn’t contact you specifically may not be a great sign.

Craftsman
    Just had the call for a Tudor GMT. £300 deposit and the dealer is hand-delivering it at the end of next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Give it a try. However the fact they didn’t contact you specifically may not be a great sign.
    Thanks Nairn. As I have never set foot in an AD in the UK my chances are probably still next to zero. SD43's seem to be holding on the secondary market for now, I will remain patient.

Master
    I was offered a sd43 from an ad at list price, so I think if you phone around you might get lucky

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Wonder if these opportunities can be passed on when you may not want to go for it but know someone who will?

Doubt it. It's their list, not ours.

Craftsman
    True, but if their list isn't biting and they could get a sale from the next call, it could be tempting in this time.

Apprentice
    Thanks all for comments. I've made a decision to say no, will see if they offer anything else.

Master
    Wonder if these opportunities can be passed on when you may not want to go for it but know someone who will?
    Doubt it. What’s in it for the AD who probably has plenty of other customers who might want it?

If you wanted to ‘help out’ a friend like that, you’d have to buy the watch in your own name and then hope the friend hasn’t changed his mind!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Doubt it. What’s in it for the AD who probably has plenty of other customers who might want it?
    A sale that they are chasing by working through the list?

Master
    A sale that they are chasing by working through the list?

I’ve not had the call so if you get offered anything you don’t want, please do PM me.

Master
    When my AD phoned I gave her the phone numbers for 2 of my mates and they both got a call

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I’ve not had the call so if you get offered anything you don’t want, please do PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    When my AD phoned I gave her the phone numbers for 2 of my mates and they both got a call
    That's the spirit, @David_D I'm probably in a similar position, unlikely to get a call but would most probably bite if a SS GMT or Daytona (wishful thinking) comes my way...

Blog Entries
    Suggests the 'waiting' / 'expression of interest' lists have been exhausted then.

Master
    Wow! That's a result for your friends. Hope they see you right. I am surprised but you live and learn.

I'm wondering what my AD is doing. Obviously no shops are open just now but clearly some business is being conducted. It would be interesting to know what's happening with their "lists". Obviously, they wouldn't be sharing that info! (Well, not with me!)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Suggests the 'waiting' / 'expression of interest' lists have been exhausted then.

That's what I was thinking but who knows. I have no doubt lists were long way back in early March. Given how precious ADs have been about who they allow on their lists, I'm surprised that at least 3 or 4 out of, say, 10 wouldn't still be keen to buy - even if it was just to flip.

Master
    So, I've had the call (email). The model on offer... Air King... thoughts from all would be very welcomed re the model. I think a 214270 would be an instant yes. It would be my first Rolex or nice watch of any brand. Happy 40th to me.
    As you can all see from my stats on the left of this post, I'm a long time reader but this is my first post, so please be gentle.
    Buy the watch you really want would be my advice.
    Last edited by Chalet; 31st May 2020 at 19:34.

Master
    AD got in touch today. Booked in for collection in a couple of weeks.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post
    AD got in touch today. Booked in for collection in a couple of weeks.
    Nice! What are you picking up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been the list for a chnr since release day.
    Received a mail last week to see if I was still interested, yup... and collected Friday (under distancing)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ped22 View Post
    Nice! What are you picking up?
    BLRO

And lets be honest how many people are dropping £8 -10k on a watch at the moment.
    Just look at SC...£10k sub went pretty quickly today. Although I think this crisis has increased the supply of sports Rolex, I don’t see a drop in demand evident.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darko View Post
    Received a mail last week to see if I was still interested, yup... and collected Friday (under distancing)
    got a pic? Good catch!! How did the distancing work - I didn’t think any non-urgent shops opened until today?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Just look at SC...£10k sub went pretty quickly today. Although I think this crisis has increased the supply of sports Rolex, I don’t see a drop in demand evident.
    Just to be clear, a £12k sub went for £10k in SC. Hence the speed of sale

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Air-King to view later. 214270 bought. Delighted.

116613 offered too... it's genuinely tempting. Are 'Bluesy's' generally hard to get hold of or not?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darko View Post
    Wow, pics mate?

Craftsman

It seems counter intuitive but in another area of collecting Im involved in prices have increased - people sitting at home (being paid), no travel costs, no childcare fees, no dinners out, maybe holidays cancelled means they have more disposable income than before - and thats before you get into the (hopefully minimal number of) self employed who have take then grants/furlough and are still out doing 50 hour weeks.

Got "the call" today and booked an appointment to collect a few days after they open up. Opted for a weekday so it's a bit quieter. Sounds like the 15th will be a busy day for a lot of ADs.

Master
    Got "the call" today and booked an appointment to collect a few days after they open up. Opted for a weekday so it's a bit quieter. Sounds like the 15th will be a busy day for a lot of ADs.
    Yep me too.

Roll on w/c 15th...let's hope for some nice incoming pics here to complete this thread!

Blog Entries
    Cool! What did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Cool! What did you get?
    SD43?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Wow, pics mate?
    Nice work

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Cool! What did you get?
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    SD43?
    Yep SD43, can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Yep me too.

Roll on w/c 15th...let's hope for some nice incoming pics here to complete this thread!

Fri 19th will be a busy Friday thread!