closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone had THE call

Master
    I've got my name down for a James Cameron, was told that it would be "a matter of a few weeks" - mind you I started the process in February. Still, roll on the 15th...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Yep SD43, can't wait.
    Congratulations! Nice choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Nice work
    Gives an indication of waits with no extensive buying history.
    Last edited by darko; 4th June 2020 at 11:40. Reason: .

At the start of April I paid my local Rolex AD in full for this Pepsi that I finally collected this week.
    The store is still closed due to Covid 19 however they agreed to let me collect the watch via the air lock security entrance
    at the back of the store.
    Considering that when visiting the shop I’m used to sitting in this plush store with a glass of champagne it was most interesting to see behind the scenes.....
    It looked reminiscent of a high security prison. I suppose when you stock Patek and phenomenally expensive diamonds this is obviously imperative.
    I wouldn’t say getting this Pepsi is indicative of professional Rolex models getting more plentiful in supply- at all times obtaining this watch has felt like getting
    blood from a stone and I’ve been after it for two years!

Craftsman
    Wow congratulations, it looks great, need to see it on the wrist

Quote Originally Posted by Litcan91 View Post
    Wow congratulations, it looks great, need to see it on the wrist

Unfortunately I’m waiting for two extra links for the Jubilee bracelet before it will fit on my wrist.
    Rolex have been slightly stingy on the bracelet length.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post

Unfortunately I’m waiting for two extra links for the Jubilee bracelet before it will fit on my wrist.
    Rolex have been slightly stingy on the bracelet length.
    Ah really?! I've never thought that could be the case..

Hope the links are simpler & quicker obtain than the watch

Master
    Congrats, looks great.

Almost looks coke-like with the colours in those pics.

Journeyman
    any one else been contacted for their watches?

I emailed re collecting and got a call back the next day and booked in for a slot. I'm sure they're working their way through the list if you're waiting, if not just give them a call.

No contact here.

Won’t be contacting them on principle either.

The least they can do after having had my money for the past 4-6 weeks is ring me and invite me in to collect the lump of steel.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Did you pay in full? If so there’s not a great deal to incentivise them to do so, they have your money already.

If you payed say, 50% then I’m sure they would be on the phone as they have money to collect

Quote Originally Posted by GMTMaster View Post
    No contact here.

Won’t be contacting them on principle either.

The least they can do after having had my money for the past 4-6 weeks is ring me and invite me in to collect the lump of steel.

Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Did you pay in full? If so there’s not a great deal to incentivise them to do so, they have your money already.

If you payed say, 50% then I’m sure they would be on the phone as they have money to collect
    Yes paid in full.

They shouldn’t need an incentive. It’s the principle that they have my money and it’s their duty to call me now.

There doesn’t seem to be anything luxurious about The luxury watch industry anymore. Either that or these brands are now not considered luxury anymore. I’m not sure which it is.

(Rant over!)

Craftsman
    Yes paid in full.

They shouldn’t need an incentive. It’s the principle that they have my money and it’s their duty to call me now.

There doesn’t seem to be anything luxurious about The luxury watch industry anymore. Either that or these brands are now not considered luxury anymore. I’m not sure which it is.

(Rant over!)

I wouldn't be surprised if you'll be the last on the list to contact in regards to the collection, priority will be given to all the orders with outstanding balances to clear.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I totally agree with you 100%.

Manager should be contracting you as a priority to get the watch on your wrist

Yes paid in full.

(Rant over!)

Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Thanks Ben!

As time passes Grand Seiko keeps grabbing my attention more and more.

I'm sure if I was a 'star' off TOWIE or similar reality TV show they would have been all over me by now.

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    I totally agree with you 100%.

Manager should be contracting you as a priority to get the watch on your wrist

At least some of you have had a call, me nothing, even emailed them saying take my money for a sub or GMT or maybe both, all I got back was we are closed so can’t deal with your request but to call up when they re-open.

Just wish they would look in their bins which is probably where my name ended up

Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    At least some of you have had a call, me nothing, even emailed them saying take my money for a sub or GMT or maybe both, all I got back was we are closed so can’t deal with your request but to call up when they re-open.

Just wish they would look in their bins which is probably where my name ended up
    Do you have much purchase history?

Craftsman

To be honest, I don't even think they bother to write the details down.. they just silently laugh down the phone at us.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Do you have much purchase history?
    No not really, they probably know me as the annoying man who they’d rather not engage with

Craftsman
    Does Rolex have any involvement with the waiting lists, or is this totally managed by the AD?

Quote Originally Posted by Litcan91 View Post
    Ah really?! I've never thought that could be the case..

Hope the links are simpler & quicker obtain than the watch
    Congratulations on the BLRO
    Glad I’m not the only one who noticed how stingy they have become with their bracelet length!
    Are you getting the extra links FOC?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by adg31 View Post
    Glad I’m not the only one who noticed how stingy they have become with their bracelet length!

Wish it was me too, but it was Farmkid that's got the BLRO, I was just quoting the post with the beautiful shot

No not really, they probably know me as the annoying man who they’d rather not engage with
    Yeh. its definitely tough!

Quote Originally Posted by adg31 View Post

Not sure yet regarding cost of links......I assume and hope they are free of charge

Craftsman
    Not sure yet regarding cost of links......I assume and hope they are free of charge
    I believe AD's stopped supplying the 2 free extra links a little while ago.... If it helps, i believe they are around £60ish for each link. Congrats on the BLRO, i declined the offer of a BLNR, as its a BLRO that i want...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadweller75 View Post
    Congrats on the BLRO, i declined the offer of a BLNR, as its a BLRO that i want...
    Same as me! I was offered the BLNR just before lock down and declined saying I'd prefer the BLRO. Hopefully not too long to wait now.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RajLondon View Post
    Same as me! I was offered the BLNR just before lock down and declined saying I'd prefer the BLRO. Hopefully not too long to wait now.
    Hope so..

Master
    Certainly does appear that the BLNR is more obtainable than the BLRO. A friend was also offered the BLNR during lockdown.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    My friend has been awaiting a call for a BLNR throughout the lockdown, still nothing from WOS

Master
    Anyone know about the waiting time for a James Cameron? Patience is not my strongest quality at the best of times, right now I'm like a spaniel with ADHD. My wife & daughter are sick of me muttering about Rolex!
    I'm promised the first one available at WoS but who knows when that will be. They said a matter of weeks so fingers X'd.
    I need to be more zen...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Certainly does appear that the BLNR is more obtainable than the BLRO. A friend was also offered the BLNR during lockdown.

Yet a few months back, Lord Sugar couldn’t get one and kicked off about it on Twitter.

I wonder if he’s had ‘the call’ ?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Yet a few months back, Lord Sugar couldn’t get one and kicked off about it on Twitter.

Master

I was thinking about that famous tweet a couple of weeks ago...Surely he will have one by now!

If not, I am sure he would have told them where to go with 100% deposit collect when we open antics.

It would appear the Pepsi is without doubt considerably harder to source at retail price than the Batman.
    List for the Pepsi is currently £7750 and one grey dealer last week offered me £11,200 for my unworn Pepsi whilst another
    grey dealer offered me £12,750........I couldn’t quite believe a dealer would offer
    a straight £5k uplift in the current climate but obviously COVID isn’t harming the market too much.
    I’m not currently looking to flip the watch but thought I’d ask the question whilst chatting to the dealers anyway
    about other watches.....always nice to know- but I ain’t selling it- I’ll never get another.

I understand that some Rolex AD’s no longer give away free links- I may have to stump up £120 for two steel jubilee links-
    however last year I purchased a yellow gold Daytona from the same store.
    I tried the watch on but I needed an extra link for it to fit correctly.
    When I returned to collect the watch a week or two later after the extra link had arrived the salesperson said
    ‘that’s £550 for the extra gold link please’....
    I replied ‘ you’re joking, please tell me you’re joking considering how expensive the watch is’
    The salesperson looked kind of embarrassed and muttered ‘Er ok, yes, it’s Er ...free’

If you are buying a bloody expensive gold watch without a penny discount from retail price surely the
    AD can take a hit on one extra link!

Sounds like the extra two free links have turned into the new mats when buying a car. Should come anyway but if you can charge and get away with it, do.

Master

Tweet him and check 😂

Master
    I am guessing, but I reckon tomorrow onwards we could be seeing quite a few new Rolex Incoming threads appearing!

I wonder if they will begin to actually have more Rolex watches in their displays, not sport versions, but perhaps Milgauss, OPs and the like?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    I wonder if they will begin to actually have more Rolex watches in their displays, not sport versions, but perhaps Milgauss, OPs and the like?
    AD definitely said there had been more of them over the last few months. Not sure how many have sold. Initially, its appointment only, so you'd have to wait for a free slot.

Surely if you have turned up to collect your watch and the sales assistant has sat you down for 'the AD experience' whatever that is, don't they have a duty to make sure the watch correctly fits before you leave the store. It's sort of like buying a car with only three tyres on, sorry Sir, if you want the forth that will cost you £xxx.

Apprentice
    When I booked my appointment, my AD said they have 80 Rolex appointments in the first couple of weeks! I know they’re not all Daytona’s and sport models but still quite a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Tweet him and check 
    I’m sure someone did ask Alan Sugar on his Twitter feed and he replied that he’d got a new Batman
    for list price !
    He does currently reside in Florida- maybe easier to get one there?

Wasn’t there a suggestion that some ADs were keeping spare links after resizing, maybe it’s those that they offer for free when they absolutely have to ?

Wasn’t there a suggestion that some ADs were keeping spare links after resizing, maybe it’s those that they offer for free when they absolutely have to ?
    That was preowned dealers doing that I’m sure, definitely not ADs

Master
    I understand that some Rolex AD’s no longer give away free links- I may have to stump up £120 for two steel jubilee links-
    however last year I purchased a yellow gold Daytona from the same store.
    I tried the watch on but I needed an extra link for it to fit correctly.
    When I returned to collect the watch a week or two later after the extra link had arrived the salesperson said
    ‘that’s £550 for the extra gold link please’....
    I replied ‘ you’re joking, please tell me you’re joking considering how expensive the watch is’
    The salesperson looked kind of embarrassed and muttered ‘Er ok, yes, it’s Er ...free’

If you are buying a bloody expensive gold watch without a penny discount from retail price surely the
    AD can take a hit on one extra link!
    Must be down to the relationship with the dealer (and/or what was agreed at the point of sale). I wouldn't automatically 'expect' the links for free. End of the day the item for sale is 'watch with X links'. If I buy a pair of trousers and need them shortening, that's on me!!

I wouldn't buy a pair of trousers that didn't fit!

Utterly ridiculous that you could buy a Rolex new from an AD and then have to pay for extra stainless steel links at an extortionate cost. Even precious metal, they should have a policy to supply at cost if you've just paid that much for a watch.

For those that need extra links I'd highly recommend contacting Watchfinder. I had a DJ41 and needed an extra link because the bracelet didn't have the normal number of links and I wanted a complete set for the future. Watchfinder was very reasonable...£30 all-in I think...even beating the eBay sellers which I imagine is a bit of a lottery on genuine/fake. Rolex was well over double WF price (I can't remember exactly but about £100).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    I wouldn't buy a pair of trousers that didn't fit!
    We aren't all 'off the peg' size!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    For those that need extra links I'd highly recommend contacting Watchfinder. I had a DJ41 and needed an extra link because the bracelet didn't have the normal number of links and I wanted a complete set for the future. Watchfinder was very reasonable...£30 all-in I think...even beating the eBay sellers which I imagine is a bit of a lottery on genuine/fake. Rolex was well over double WF price (I can't remember exactly but about £100).
    Err, isn't that because they got the links for free by not giving them to the person who bought the watch the links actually belong to? That's the story I have read on here, anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Err, isn't that because they got the links for free by not giving them to the person who bought the watch the links actually belong to? That's the story I have read on here, anyway!
    That certainly is the suggestion, but I have bought/traded a few watches off WF and always state that I have 7:50" inch wrists and that as a condition of purchase the bracelet must be that length. They always agree. My wrist is actually 7:25" so I end up with a spare link on occasions, but not always - depends on how many spare notches on the clasp etc.