closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nezumi Loews - Any good or go with the Dan Henry

Journeyman

Nezumi Loews - Any good or go with the Dan Henry

Got a birthday coming up and the mrs has offered to buy a me a watch. I fancy one of these mecha-quartz chronos and after a bit of research I’ve narrowed it down to two. Nezumi Loews and Dan Henry 1964.

I think I prefer the look of the Nezumi but it’s quite a bit more expensive and even though I’m not actually paying for it I’d still like to get reasonable value for money. There’s loads of reviews on here about the Dan Henry’s so I know they are a pretty safe bet but there’s not much about the Nezumi’s so I wondered if anyone here has owned or seen one in the flesh and can comment if they might be worth the extra money.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Should have mentioned the Dan Henry is around £210 and the Nezumi around £335 accounting for conversion rates as they are now

Master
    The Dan Henrys' should float my boat, they are the sort of watch I like however I have never actually wanted one, I can't put my finger on it they are just not right. I've never heard of the Nezumi before now but I really like it, it's got style of its own and I really like the off white. The panda tri-compax Corbeaux is rather tasty too.

You know if you go for the DH you'll always wonder about the Nezumi .
    Last edited by Jeremy67; 6th July 2020 at 22:28.

The Nezumi is much better looking in my opinion. I havn't heard of them before but going by looks I think the Dan Henry's lugs are not attractive. The crown doesn't look right and I'm not keen on the subdials either. Just my opinion. :)

Journeyman
    Thanks guys, yeah I think the Nezumi is definitely the better looking isn’t it, just slightly concerned about buying from an unknown brand without a recommendation. Seems to be some decent reviews on the internet though so as long as no horror stories come along on here then I’ll probably go with that and tell the significant other it was the cheapest one I could find

Newmark panda or HS dial chronograph.
    Competitive price, and a little more cache than those that you've shortlisted,

https://newmarkwatchcompany.com/
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Newmark panda or HS dial chronograph.
    Competitive price, and a little more cache than those that you've shortlisted,

Not seen these before, they are really nice. Love the panda dial one. Hmmm, I’m torn again now

I prefer the Nezumi. I nearly got one at launch but was put off by stories I read about their customer service.

In retrospect, I guess you can’t expect too much for a £350 watch but they didn’t cover themselves in glory at the time and I put my money elsewhere

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    I prefer the Nezumi. I nearly got one at launch but was put off by stories I read about their customer service.
    What problems were there?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigputts View Post
    Not seen these before, they are really nice. Love the panda dial one. Hmmm, I’m torn again now

The code NP20JULY will get you £50 off the NP Panda Chronograph, valid till Friday, which brings the cost just under £200, which is an absolute bargain for a watch of this quality.
    Last edited by inthered; 7th July 2020 at 15:22.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by inthered View Post
    The code NP20JULY will get you £50 off the NP Panda Chronograph, valid till Friday, which brings the cost just under £200, which is an absolute bargain for a watch of this quality.
    Thanks mate, really appreciate the heads up, think that’s made my decision

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    What problems were there?
    From memory, the first batch of Kickstarter watches were issued with the word quartz misspelt as quarz (or something similar) on the dial. The company apologised and issued a statement saying they would arrange to have all watches taken back to have replacement dials refitted with correct spelling. There may have been something about partial refunds, or I may have just made that up

They then worked out that trying to correct the error was too expensive, sent customers a complimentary nezumi key ring and declined any returns or refunds. I remember reading how backers were pretty miffed.

I appreciate the margins and economics on Kickstarter projects are probably extremely tight but the combination of poor QC, poorly thought out ideas to put things right and then a pretty cheap token as a half-arsed gesture put them in a negative light in my eyes, still like the look of the watch though...