closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone had THE call

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    They say it's in the safe in the boutique and they're not allowed to open up or go inside until lockdown rules allow them to. Also, i want to try it on first because if it's too big for my small wrists, I won't proceed with the purchase

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Thats the thing with these ADs, Im sure you would be allowed to go in and collect an item and send. Seems odd they cant do that to me.
    Seems like they dont actually have hands on these models....

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TROYBOY79 View Post
    Thats the thing with these ADs, Im sure you would be allowed to go in and collect an item and send. Seems odd they cant do that to me.
    Seems like they dont actually have hands on these models....
    As an AD, why would you go through the hassle, additional cost and risk when customers are fine with the government guidelines to pick up the piece they secured when stores are allowed to reopen..
    Last edited by Litcan91; 19th May 2020 at 14:36.

I got a call from Burrells Winchester to say my(sons) Tudor BB58 was in however they were having to close up shop the following day due to the virus. Once they are open again I will be popping down and calling in. This was back right when we went into lockdown as well so fingers crossed it is still available when they do open up. It's his birth year watch so don't want to miss the window!

Great choice. Though something tells me it's going to wear a little large on him, at least for a while.

Master
    I went to Burrells last week in Winchester to pick my watch up

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Going back to those who have done deals with WoS, anybody had any news? I do know a couple of people who have gone for it. Personally not heard any news but a friend I know has had contact advising store is opening June 1 and appointments currently are being arranged! Sounds like great news.

Also, any more CALLS offering new watches? Or does it appear what they had in physical inventory is now fully allocated?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Going back to those who have done deals with WoS, anybody had any news? I do know a couple of people who have gone for it. Personally not heard any news but a friend I know has had contact advising store is opening June 1 and appointments currently are being arranged! Sounds like great news.

Also, any more CALLS offering new watches? Or does it appear what they had in physical inventory is now fully allocated?
    This is what I got a few days ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told "hopefully end of May" when I paid but that was always wishful. I'd be very happy if I got it early June but no one has got in touch to book an appt yet. I'm small fry so doubt I will be first. I did ask for a BLRO on top but no such luck.

Master
    I know my AD pretty well and I get the impression they have no idea of either when they will reopen or when they’ll get the stock! Satisfied my money is safe though so it’s just a waiting game.

Apprentice

Anyone had THE call

I have noticed the “’’’””crew that kept saying OMG I would not leave a penny with the AD before I get my watch”’’”’, are a little quieter than they were a few weeks back...
    Last edited by Ped22; 21st May 2020 at 13:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Ped22 View Post
    I have noticed the “’’’””crew that kept saying OMG I would not leave a penny with the AD before I get my watch”’’”’, are a little quieter than they were a few weeks back...
    To be fair if they're wrong its cost them nothing. If we're wrong its cost us £9k. We don't have the watches on our wrists yet and there's plenty of time left run into issues.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    To be fair if they're wrong its cost them nothing. If we're wrong its cost us £9k. We don't have the watches on our wrists yet and there's plenty of time left run into issues.
    that’s the problem with modern society, people just day things without thinking about how it might impact others as long as it doesn’t cost them anything. Scaremongering is just an extension of that.

I can see why some wouldn’t put a deposit down but most (not all) who said they wouldn’t, didn’t even have the opportunity to turn it down in the first place!

Craftsman
    Well said, time will tell.

I think this was only to make the Rolex game more interesting .....:) :) :)
    No pain, no gain!

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk

Master
    I had the option on a non date, and with too many unknowns i decided against it. It is well and good with hindsight saying that it is different now.

As others have said, no watches have been collected yet. I am deciding as to whether to put a 100% down to collect next month. at least now it seems that is a possible date of collection. Before this was not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    I had the option on a non date, and with too many unknowns i decided against it.
    Out of interest which AD was it that offered the watch?

Master
    It was based in Reading. I must have been on the list for the non date for ages, but forgotten about it. they actually contacted me the day of lock down, at that time I would have done it! oh well....

Master
    I had the option on a non date, and with too many unknowns i decided against it. It is well and good with hindsight saying that it is different now.

As others have said, no watches have been collected yet. I am deciding as to whether to put a 100% down to collect next month. at least now it seems that is a possible date of collection. Before this was not an option.
    Is the option still there for you? Would they not have sold it by now?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Is the option still there for you? Would they not have sold it by now?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

The non date has gone now, so they offered me a few other watches. there was a SD43 available, but i would imagine that has gone now (and not sure i am comfortable spending that much)

10 percent deposit until collection is the norm, no?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Euan Begbie View Post

not with WofS, it is 100% deposit and then collection. with other organisations i am sure the deposit needs to be a bit less. interestingly he said it was a 100% for SS models, so possibly they would take less for a Date Just or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Euan Begbie View Post

Nope. 100% is the new 10%.

not with WofS, it is 100% deposit and then collection. with other organisations i am sure the deposit needs to be a bit less. interestingly he said it was a 100% for SS models, so possibly they would take less for a Date Just or something.
    30% for bimetal via BT or 50% if you pay by card.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTMaster View Post
    Nope. 100% is the new 10%.

I anticipate a 150% deposit in the future with the additional 50% to be refunded on collection.

Craftsman
    No consistency to this at all. Are the reps / branches making their own calls to the deposit amount?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Litcan91 View Post
    No consistency to this at all. Are the reps / branches making their own calls to the deposit amount?
    there is a bit of consistency with SS sport models. they seem to all be 100%. i would imagine that all WofS dealers have the same deposit requirements.

Craftsman
    I got offered a Non date, and paid for it. I've not heard anything about opening dates yet.

As I'd need to do some traveling to pick it up, I don't expect I'll be able to collect for a while anyway.

If I had been offered I’d have happily paid on credit card, nothing to lose and a watch that I want to gain.

Now if only they would ring

Quote Originally Posted by Ped22 View Post
    We're all busy praying for you risk takers!

Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    We're all busy praying for you risk takers!
    There’s no real risk provided you pay with a credit card is there?

Then I hope that you enjoy your watch or your refund in excellent health.

Master
    A fellow WIS here was offered a new non date SubC over the past 6 months ahead of schedule and any waiting lists however, he had to put $2000 in an envelope for the sales assistant for having the privilege. He refused and they no longer work at that AD. An eye opening tale but I don't think this is an isolated case, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by stix View Post
    A fellow WIS here was offered a new non date SubC over the past 6 months ahead of schedule and any waiting lists however, he had to put $2000 in an envelope for the sales assistant for having the privilege. He refused and they no longer work at that AD. An eye opening tale but I don't think this is an isolated case, sadly.
    That's bonkers for a Sub, probably well worthwhile for a Daytona. Sales Assistant just picked the wrong Watch to line his pockets with.

Master
    I guess wos will be opening again soon so it will be good if people receive their watches soon

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    That's bonkers for a Sub, probably well worthwhile for a Daytona. Sales Assistant just picked the wrong Watch to line his pockets with.
    I think the model is irrelevant to be honest.

Craftsman
    I guess wos will be opening again soon so it will be good if people receive their watches soon

June 14th we're going to see who was playing games.

Quote Originally Posted by stix View Post
    I think the model is irrelevant to be honest.
    Maybe, but Subs aren't difficult to find, which was my point. A GMT or a Daytona on the other hand are probably well worth a bit of bribery and corruption for.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Maybe, but Subs aren't difficult to find, which was my point. A GMT or a Daytona on the other hand are probably well worth a bit of bribery and corruption for.
    To lose your job for and possible criminal charges? I am not sure too many shop assistants would be keen on that.

Master
    To lose your job for and possible criminal charges? I am not sure too many shop assistants would be keen on that.
    Unfortunately, I have a feeling a lot of those shop assistants who are earning a max of £25k maybe are keen on it. Would explain a lot. But maybe I am just cynical.

Of course, it could just be going on at the higher level, so the £25k assistants don't see it.

I had the call, but decided a monk's life is too much for me.

I'll get my coat.

You'd be surprised. Why do you think a lot of lists are now managed at head office?

I received another call this afternoon from WOS offering me a Sea dweller, Sub ND or Explorer 1 although appreciate these are not overly difficult to obtain models.

Speaking with the store Manager he said that although he has made many calls there has not been many people taking up the offer. The collection date mentioned was from 16th June with full payment up front.

I did consider the Sub but I am going to wait and see what the market is like towards the end of the year / early next.
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 28th May 2020 at 21:51.

It does seem like there are a lot more "top of the list" calls than usual. I wonder what happens when the shops open up again and watch sales are slow. Anyone think we will see lots of cut price sales, not necessarily for Rolex but other brands like Breitling and Omega?

We seemed to have online sales from WoS, Beaverbrooks, Ernest Jones, Goldsmiths with some discounts across brands like Omega...but they didn't seem to last long before things were back to full price.

Master
    So having backed out of a non date sub when all this kicked off, i am now in a position to go for an explorer, the email to pay the deposit has come through and i have five days to do so. It is a cracking watch and with it now looking possible for a collection in two or three weeks it is much more tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    It does seem like there are a lot more "top of the list" calls than usual. I wonder what happens when the shops open up again and watch sales are slow. Anyone think we will see lots of cut price sales, not necessarily for Rolex but other brands like Breitling and Omega?

We seemed to have online sales from WoS, Beaverbrooks, Ernest Jones, Goldsmiths with some discounts across brands like Omega...but they didn't seem to last long before things were back to full price.
    I do not think I even registered interest, I assume its because I have purchased a Rolex from them a few years ago and they are trying to drum up any business they can from there database.
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 29th May 2020 at 05:21.

Someone I follow on IG in Paris was called this morning out of the blue, offered a SD43, and took it. Seems like whatever was in the last batch shipped out from Rolex SD43 was making up a fair amount of it.

Apprentice
    So, I've had the call (email). The model on offer... Air King... thoughts from all would be very welcomed re the model. I think a 214270 would be an instant yes. It would be my first Rolex or nice watch of any brand. Happy 40th to me.
    As you can all see from my stats on the left of this post, I'm a long time reader but this is my first post, so please be gentle.
    Last edited by JustinC; 30th May 2020 at 14:02.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC View Post
    So, I've had the call (email). The model on offer... Air King... thoughts from all would be very welcomed re the model. I think a 214270 would be an instant yes. It would be my first Rolex or nice watch of any brand. Happy 40th to me.
    As you can all see from my stats on the left of this post, I'm a long time reader but this is my first post, so please be gentle.
    Go for it if you really want that particular model. I wouldn’t bother if you are considering taking it just because it’s a Rolex...I’d have thought there will be other opportunities to pick up a 214270 in the not too distant future. Just decline and tell the AD you are specifically after a 214270.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinC View Post
    I would suggest waiting for the model you really like. Have you asked them if they can get you an Explorer? It wasn’t the most difficult one to get hold of even before the current situation so I hope would be easier in this economic climate.

Re Air King, personally I’m not a fan but that’s irrelevant as I’m not the one buying.

Craftsman
    It’s a nice watch but only buy something if you will enjoy the ownership otherwise write back thanking them but you want xyz and ready to buy one.