I am a bit OCD when it comes to my Rolex (I am sure others are the same).

I have a full gold Rolex Submariner. Anyone who knows gold knows that 18K gold is very soft and can scratch easily (especially on the polished parts of the watch). 18K gold also wears quickly compared to steel and the biggest contributor to 18K gold wearing away is a dirty watch - dirt, dust and sweat sticks together in-between the links etc and acts like a grinding paste and wears away at the gold - which is why it is important to keep it clean.

Below is my process for cleaning (everyone has their own method but just wanted to share mine).

IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER METHODS FEEL FREE TO SHARE THEM OR CRITISISE MY PROCESS SO WE CAN ALL LEARN. ANYWAY, HERE GOES:

1. SCREW IN THE CROWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Double check step 1.

3. Run the watch under a luke warm tap to soft any dirt (a really dirty watch can be left to soak in luke warm water)

4. I use plant based dishwashing soap and massage it into the watch with my finger and thumb making it really sudsy. Some people use a babies tooth brush for this step but it can actually leave micro fine scratches to 18k gold

5. Rinse watch under luke warm tap

6. Repeat steps 1 to 5

7. Final rinse watch with bottled water (i.e not hard water) THIS HELPS PREVENT HARD WATER SPOTS ON THE WATCH.

8. Dab dry with microfibre cloth (some people use a hairdryer to speed this step up. If you do then TAKE CARE! ONLY USE A GENTLE AND VERY LOW HEAT FROM A DISTANCE

9. Stare at the beauty of your watch!

Anyone have any other methods or tips?