closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello UK Members - I have found you all AT LAST!

Journeyman

Hello UK Members - I have found you all AT LAST!

Hi all. I have been a member over at TRF for many years and was always annoyed that there wasn't many UK members. Everything was spoken about in dollars and US dealers which was no good for me.

Anyway, this seems to be the right place for a UK Rolex enthusiast!! HELLO ALL!!! My names cookie and I am from Gloucestershire, I own a Submariner and looking to make my next purchase of a Day date soon!!

Master
    Hi cookie and welcome. It’s a great site, with some great members, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it here :-)

Master
    You're in the right place. Welcome :)

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome.

I know exactly what you mean about Watchuseek, it really is very U.S centric.

Journeyman
    thanks for the comments. I look forward to getting to know some people. I need to get my post count up though to see the full forum I think?. is there a rolex section?

Quote Originally Posted by cookie88888 View Post
    thanks for the comments. I look forward to getting to know some people. I need to get my post count up though to see the full forum I think?. is there a rolex section?
    Welcome aboard, this whole forum is a Rolex section

Welcome to you. Enjoy!

Craftsman
    Hello and welcome

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    There is more to life than Rolex, if you can see that you may fit in here.

Welcome to the forum,stay around and you’ll want far more than a Rolex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Welcome! I’m chairing virtual video zoom sessions every other Thursday at 07:30pm - join remotely and chat watches and drink your favourite beverage. Shoot me a PM (private message) and I can let you know login details. You’d be most welcome.

TZ loves pictures if you have any of you watches to share?

Martyn.

Welcome Cookie. If you’re after the big R, it’s the Sales Corner you need. Absolutely chocca full of the right now. Get that post count up and you’ll be able to revel in the delights of 4, 5 and 6 digits to your hearts content. Some of them even refer to the model numbers instead of £’s.

More seriously, this is a great place to talk about watches of all kinds. Rolex does indeed generate more than it’s fair share of posts but it’s the more general diversity of watches that makes it most appealing to me.

Enjoy your time here and let’s have some photos soon. The Friday thread always has some stunners!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome and brace yourself, there aren't so many photos of gold and platinum Rolex watches here. Browsing TRF makes me feel like the only person without one!

Journeyman
    welcome very invaluable information on here

Craftsman
    Welcome, it took me a while to find this site too.

Welcome, your not too far from me, there is a Redbar get together every now and again, members here and an instagram group meet up for a beer and chat watches and you get to hold and try all sorts..

One tip, before you ask a Rolex question on the forum, go to the search box as more than likely it would have been asked and argued about before...

Craftsman
    Hello and welcome.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by NCC66 View Post
    Welcome Cookie. If you’re after the big R, it’s the Sales Corner you need. Absolutely chocca full of the right now. Get that post count up and you’ll be able to revel in the delights of 4, 5 and 6 digits to your hearts content. Some of them even refer to the model numbers instead of £’s.

More seriously, this is a great place to talk about watches of all kinds. Rolex does indeed generate more than it’s fair share of posts but it’s the more general diversity of watches that makes it most appealing to me.

Enjoy your time here and let’s have some photos soon. The Friday thread always has some stunners!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. Sounds exciting!!! I will browse the threads and get my post count up. Think I have to wait 60 days though too. All good things come to those who wait....and post 50 comments haha

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Welcome, your not too far from me, there is a Redbar get together every now and again, members here and an instagram group meet up for a beer and chat watches and you get to hold and try all sorts..

One tip, before you ask a Rolex question on the forum, go to the search box as more than likely it would have been asked and argued about before...
    Thanks for the tip. Will do so! The get together sounds good - just need to sort out this covid mess we are all in!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Welcome! I’m chairing virtual video zoom sessions every other Thursday at 07:30pm - join remotely and chat watches and drink your favourite beverage. Shoot me a PM (private message) and I can let you know login details. You’d be most welcome.

TZ loves pictures if you have any of you watches to share?

Martyn.

Thanks Martyn. I need to learn about this ZOOM thing. Hearing a lot about it recently but have no idea what its all about

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post

Haha. Rolex is my weakness. I already have one and eyeing up another too! I cant look at other brands as my wallet wont cope!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    There is more to life than Rolex, if you can see that you may fit in here.
    Rolex is my weakness! Its a strange addiction

Hi all. I have been a member over at TRF for many years and was always annoyed that there wasn't many UK members. Everything was spoken about in dollars and US dealers which was no good for me.

Anyway, this seems to be the right place for a UK Rolex enthusiast!! HELLO ALL!!! My names cookie and I am from Gloucestershire, I own a Submariner and looking to make my next purchase of a Day date soon!!
    Agree about the American thing, especially as they pay so much less than us for everything. Whilst I appreciate the quality of a Rolex watch, I am not that keen on most of the their designs. To be honest I would never pay the money required for any luxury watch, when there are so many other good watches on the market for a lot less. Anyway, it's your money to enjoy, and I hope you enjoy your time on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    This.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggles View Post
    Agree about the American thing, especially as they pay so much less than us for everything. Whilst I appreciate the quality of a Rolex watch, I am not that keen on most of the their designs. To be honest I would never pay the money required for any luxury watch, when there are so many other good watches on the market for a lot less. Anyway, it's your money to enjoy, and I hope you enjoy your time on the site.
    Thanks for the comment. I see you are new here too. Welcome

Blog Entries
    There is no Rolex section. All brands are welcome. You may have a bit of a rough time just posting about Rolex as it is viewed as an average mass produced watch in these parts.

As regards zoom - this is their website - some YouTube vids to check out - very easy to install: https://zoom.com

Journeyman

Talking

There is no Rolex section. All brands are welcome. You may have a bit of a rough time just posting about Rolex as it is viewed as an average mass produced watch in these parts.
    yes it is mass produced but I love them! I think I have an addiction lol. the only thing I know is Rolex so that's all I can post about haha. I have a tough chin don't worry

Journeyman
    yes it is mass produced but I love them! I think I have an addiction lol. the only thing I know is Rolex so that's all I can post about haha. I have a tough chin don't worry

oh. and thanks for the zoom link. I will check it out and may see you soon! all the best

Blog Entries
    oh. and thanks for the zoom link. I will check it out and may see you soon! all the best
    Why are you quoting yourself?
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Blog Entries
    Thanks. Sounds exciting!!! I will browse the threads and get my post count up. Think I have to wait 60 days though too. All good things come to those who wait....and post 50 comments haha
    Careful - you may find your post count mysteriously be reset to zero...

you're welcome - friends from the USA are always welcome

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    Why are you quoting yourself?
    oops sorry. im new to the forum. i was supposed to quote Martyns comment about zoom.

oops sorry. im new to the forum. i was supposed to quote Martyns comment about zoom.
    56 posts in two days - busy person!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    56 posts in two days - busy person!

not really. just being battered with messages from people on another thread!

You're welcome - friends from the USA are always welcome
    Gloucestershire, Massachusetts?
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Hi all. I have been a member over at TRF for many years and was always annoyed that there wasn't many UK members.
    More like since 29 December 2019?

not really. just being battered with messages from people on another thread!
    Your have access to SC in no time!

Your have access to SC in no time!
    Unless the Forum software glitch kicks in...
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Journeyman
    Interesting!

Lol. I suppose during corona lockdown, simple things can please simple minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Ah.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Journeyman
    Please elaborate rather than play games? What I previously just sold? - A Submariner and a Datejust. Last time I checked this was not against the law. FFS its like I have pis*ed on someone's grave???!!!!! What is wrong with you guys?! What are you implying that I have actually done wrong? And the many years comment I made was for WUS, not that I need to explain myself to you!!

@boring_sandwich
    Last edited by cookie88888; 13th April 2020 at 22:15. Reason: My message was replied and quoted against borung sandwiches message but has since been deleted

You shouldn’t of mentioned the R word

Please elaborate rather than play games? What I previously just sold? - A Submariner and a Datejust. Last time I checked this was not against the law. FFS its like I have pis*ed on someone's grave???!!!!! What is wrong with you guys?! What are you implying that I have actually done wrong? And the many years comment I made was for WUS, not that I need to explain myself to you!!
    I think the general idea is that you simply aren't clubbable.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Detective Raffe strikes again!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    I think the general idea is that you simply aren't clubbable.

aaaah right. I wish you had said that earlier......I will throw my computer out the window now.

I have since been told that in order to join the club you have to put up with numerous amounts of abuse and speculation from the "bigger boys" for at least 2 years, and only then will you be accepted if you can balance a watch on your nose for 48 hours whilst standing on one leg

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Detective Raffe strikes again!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

not quite sure what he has detected, but never mind. you must be from the "bigger boys brigade" too?

aaaah right. I wish you had said that earlier......I will throw my computer out the window now.

I have since been told that in order to join the club you have to put up with numerous amounts of abuse and speculation from the "bigger boys" for at least 2 years, and only then will you be accepted if you can balance a watch on your nose for 48 hours whilst standing on one leg
    No worries, glad you got there in the end. Take care.

Last edited by boring_sandwich; 13th April 2020 at 22:34.

Grand Master

@boring_sandwich
    Calm down, newbie, you have to get used to the vibe around here. A thick skin comes in helpful.

TZ can be a bit like families, members will squabble between themselves but close ranks when an outsider starts causing a row.

Not sure what your agenda is, or whether you’ve been here before?

Journeyman

yes that's also me. what is your point please?