closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: >250 posts, now show me the secret handshake !

Master

>250 posts, now show me the secret handshake !

Wahoo, I made it! Now I think Im allowed to buy some watches, what else ? Do I get the use of the forum ski lodge over winter ?
    Last edited by joe narvey; 11th April 2020 at 21:50.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Wahoo, I made it! Now I think I’m allowed to buy some watches, what’s else ? Do I get the other of the forum ski lodge over winter ?
    Hi. Sorry, ski lodge is 500+posts.
    You do get to pick a weekend at the TZ chalet in Pontins though (off season of course) as well as enjoying a 12% discount at Mr. Tam’s emporium of Chinese food. Currently a three star rating on the food hygiene scheme so a good time to indulge.

The jokes on you, there is no "secret handshake, no sales corner and no friendly banter".
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Sadly 250 posts only allows you used shoes and XXXL Belstaff jackets. You have some way to go before being lucky enough to see the land of "GLWS - I wouldn't sell mine for that. Bargain for someone" when the watch is already punching on price.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    The jokes on you, there is no "secret handshake, no sales corner and no friendly banter".
    So my cunning plan to post a message every 3.85 days has got me nowhere ?

I was sure having read some recent stories that Im now able to accuse members of strangling kittens, selling the same watch to multiple people and complain that Watchfinder wont buy my old socks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Sadly 250 posts only allows you used shoes and XXXL Belstaff jackets. You have some way to go before being lucky enough to see the land of "GLWS - I wouldn't sell mine for that. Bargain for someone" when the watch is already punching on price.
    XXXL belstaff is dress size 8 isnt it ?

XXXL belstaff is dress size 8 isnt it ?
    I wouldn't know. Sadly my funds only allow for Barbour. Perhaps one day the pit to pit stars will align for me on a SC listing. Along with some size 8 charity shop job sandals.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Along with some size 8 charity shop job sandals.
    HENK to G&D, HENK to G&D. NOW !!!!

Craftsman
    Wahoo, I made it! Now I think Im allowed to buy some watches, what else ? Do I get the use of the forum ski lodge over winter ?
    You were allowed to buy watches when you went past 50 posts. You just couldnt reply to the for sale post.
    Nothing to stop you sending a PM.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalic Mud View Post
    You were allowed to buy watches when you went past 50 posts. You just couldnt reply to the for sale post.
    Nothing to stop you sending a PM.
    Understood. I have bought a few watches through PM but fairly certain Ive lost out on some watches I wanted.

When you do list your forum goodies, please remember the etiquette.

Lie about where you got your watch from and how much you paid for it

Only accept returns if dumb members can confirm that they haven't already sold half of the package

If your watch sells quickly, don't bother to tell anyone or amend the heading. You will have hours of laughter thinking about all the idiots clicking on your listing just to find that it's long gone

If you are a communications kind of guy, remember to bump when a buyer is lined up, bump again when they pay and just for good luck bump again when you have been to the Post Office. That way all the unsold stuff gets pushed down the pecking order and no one will see it or buy it.

To be sure of top dollar, when you buy the Watch post in new incomings etc, loads of pics and a detailed review, then when you come to sell everyone will be desperate to buy it.

Remember condition is important, it is either mint or excellent. The latter covers any condition from close to mint to one that looks like it's been run over by a tractor.

If you arrange a face to face, don't turn up. You don't want to be mugged by a forum scumbag.

Make sure your e-bay user name is different to the one on here.

Follow these simple rules and you will soon be regarded as one of the good guys.

Blog Entries
    I though water sports were more your thing old chap. Might find a nice used dinghy and some flip flops.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Follow these simple rules and you will soon be regarded as one of the good guys.
    10/10 that's been my lol of the day.

Master

Only accept returns if dumb members can confirm that they haven't already sold half of the package

If your watch sells quickly, don't bother to tell anyone or amend the heading. You will have hours of laughter thinking about all the idiots clicking on your listing just to find that it's long gone

If you are a communications kind of guy, remember to bump when a buyer is lined up, bump again when they pay and just for good luck bump again when you have been to the Post Office. That way all the unsold stuff gets pushed down the pecking order and no one will see it or buy it.

To be sure of top dollar, when you buy the Watch post in new incomings etc, loads of pics and a detailed review, then when you come to sell everyone will be desperate to buy it.

Remember condition is important, it is either mint or excellent. The latter covers any condition from close to mint to one that looks like it's been run over by a tractor.

If you arrange a face to face, don't turn up. You don't want to be mugged by a forum scumbag.

Wise words for all of us approaching that magical 250 mark

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Here is another top tip.

Spend a few hours not looking at the hero posts. But search Villains.
    You can then form a small list of people you wont want to buy from or sell to.

Craftsman
    Understood. I have bought a few watches through PM but fairly certain Ive lost out on some watches I wanted.
    I bought a couple of Watches on the way but i think i've made it to 250 as well !

Master

Oh thats very helpful. Wise words as I venture to the next level of enlightenment.

Thank you

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    I though water sports were more your thing old chap. Might find a nice used dinghy and some flip flops.
    I deny that allegation. I can train dive instructors and skipper boats but Ive never been too interested in water sports, sounds too messy and I can never imagine how the topic gets broached.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalic Mud View Post
    Here is another top tip.

Spend a few hours not looking at the hero posts. But search Villains.
    You can then form a small list of people you wont want to buy from or sell to.
    I did that and there are some serious bounders on here. Its amazing that some stay active and perhaps more so that people buy from them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by redkite View Post
    I bought a couple of Watches on the way but i think i've made it to 250 as well !
    Well done. Did they show you the handshake and tell you the password ?

Ive been told I can only have Cran Montana for 3 days in August, which lodge did you get?

Blog Entries
    I deny that allegation. I can train dive instructors and skipper boats but Ive never been too interested in water sports, sounds too messy and I can never imagine how the topic gets broached.
    Thought you might be a sailor.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

This gave me a good laugh, thanks.

Blog Entries
    Joe, don’t forget the sellers whining chant:-

“I am only asking what it owwwwwwwssss me”!

Easy to memorise, there are only six lines and all lines are the same!

If you repeatedly chant this in public, thus shall you be recognised by any passing forum members.
    Last edited by KavKav; 13th April 2020 at 06:52.

Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    Joe, don’t forget the sellers whining chant:-

“I am only asking what it owwwwwwwssss me”!

If you repeatedly chant this in public, thus shall you be recognised by any passing forum members.
    The "profiling a TZ'er" thread is handy for that
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

I did that and there are some serious bounders on here. Its amazing that some stay active and perhaps more so that people buy from them.
    Google: brass neck.

Craftsman
    Not all that different from UKGSer then! Welcome, John B(4)