closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Divex Vs Apeks

Craftsman

Divex Vs Apeks

If anyone's a little bored of lockdown like me and has experience of both the divex and apeks 200m divers which would you recommend? From what I can see they're both very similar size wise but the divex is 22mm lug width and apeks is 20mm and the divex is date and apeks is day date. I'd be particularly interested if you feel one wears smaller than the other

Pictures of the models below from Google image search thanks if they're yours 

Many thanks

I've always thought that these offer tremendous value in a tool watch, and for something to bash about in, do the digging, demolish houses, or even dive I guess, they are spot on. Looks wise I marginally prefer the Apeks, I prefer the more curved case and three o'clock crown. As to movements, I would imagine they are similar in quality? Only reason I did not buy one was I got a bargain SKX007.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Thanks 👍 I had an skx013 but I foolishly sold it and now it's a big regret

Surprising about the different cases I always thought that they were all the same and just "badge engineering".

I must admit I have glanced at the deep diver version but never having seen one in the flesh can they really be any good for such little money?

Seiko divers are always pretty decent but these are half that price.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    I had the Apex 1000m one then foolishly sold it. Excellent watch for the money, think it cost me £92 new.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Surprising about the different cases I always thought that they were all the same and just "badge engineering".

I must admit I have glanced at the deep diver version but never having seen one in the flesh can they really be any good for such little money?

Seiko divers are always pretty decent but these are half that price.
    No, they are different, Neil. I have the Divex 200 - I looked at the Apeks but preferred the Divex logo! How shallow is that??

Great value beater.

This is how mine arrived...

...and this is how it is now...

Simon

Have a look at Tauchmeister as well - simply because it gives you more choice of sizes and variants at a similar price (often cheaper on ebay). Pretty sure they all come from the same factory.

@ the OP... I doubt if there’s much difference between the two 200s in technical terms, so for me it’s just about aesthetics and I think the Divex wins out. I prefer the 22mm lug width - as you can see above I like wider straps generally and in this case I think it gives the watch more presence having it on a parallel 22mm rubber strap.

Oh, and as mentioned above I prefer the logo .

Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owned the 500m versions of these watches.
    in this case pretty much identical with just date and reliable Seiko VX quartz movement.
    Check out the Divex Offshore 500 for example - a bit like a Tuna.

Journeyman
    Wow, these look like an excellent beater for the money! Hovering over the ‘add to cart’ button lol

Have just replaced the battery in my Apeks 200m for the first time after having sat for a year with a dead one*. I like the size, the 3 o'clock crown, the 20mm strap width, lume is on a par with Seiko and the Seiko quartz meant it was a no-brainer. I've worn mine a lot and doubt you'll find a better watch for the money. My example runs at 3s/month, the bezel has a solid feeling action, the seconds hand hits all the markers and the SDC catches straight away. My only slight niggle is the minty green lume (even in daylight).

*Battery is a 371. Previous one lasted 3 years. Gasket was fine, just a dab of silicone grease and replaced. Case back fitted with no problems and snugged down with a case back tool. I don't plan on getting it pressure tested, but I'd be surprised if WR is compromised - not that it matters.

Craftsman
    I think I prefer the look of the divex but the apeks works better having 20mm lugs. Also not that either are high priced I can find a better deal on the apeks than divex

Still no closer to deciding but I've got lots of time on my hands
    Last edited by neilF183; 11th April 2020 at 18:15.

Divex wins for me, the lug width is irrelevant as many divers watches are 22mm, the bezel edge looks more ''tool watch'' and I like the crown at 4 o'clock.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Divex wins for me, the lug width is irrelevant as many divers watches are 22mm, the bezel edge looks more ''tool watch'' and I like the crown at 4 o'clock.
    Yep, what he said .

Simon