closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Air traffic over the Uk

Another drone, Belgian this time, but not over the UK or Dover Strait...https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=44d421

Edit According to their air register it's a UAVFactory Penguin C belonging to Société Anonyme Belge de Constructions Aéronautiques.
    Last edited by PickleB; 23rd November 2020 at 12:35.

This might possibly be the shortest flight by a 747 ever
    Cardiff to St. Athan.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Indeed, how curious:

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Indeed, how curious:

My guess is moving it from BAs Cardiffs maintenance facility to Storage / disposal.
    They will start to chop them up pretty soon if they have not started already.

^^^^ Absolutely this.

And again today with the same UAV.

Last edited by PickleB; 1st December 2020 at 16:11.

I would presume the PBY is on the way beck to Duxford. I think thats where its based.

Any guesses as to where four Hawks from Valley are off to..and why?

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao...,43c550,43c554

I think this is B-52 61-0001 and my guess is it's burning off fuel but I'm probably wrong: https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ae5898

Update Apparently Fairford are expecting the arrival of CAKE11: https://ffdmovements.blogspot.com
    Last edited by PickleB; 3rd December 2020 at 17:24.

It's squawk code is 7700 "Special Purpose Code – Emergency" so you're probably correct.

Quote Originally Posted by jools View Post
    It's squawk code is 7700 "Special Purpose Code – Emergency" so you're probably correct.
    7700 is the Mayday code.

Maybe they had an engine failure? Hey, only 7 left after one goes. 🤣

Coincidentally I've been listening to the muffled sound of this coming through the cloud cover most of the afternoon wondering what it was. That track shows him going pretty much directly overhead.

Craftsman
    Seems to be drifting with the wind unless it was some kind of "hold PPOS". Or they used Prescott Hill Climb as a fix :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    7700 is the Mayday code.

Maybe they had an engine failure? Hey, only 7 left after one goes. 藍
    B-52 lands at RAF Fairford following engine failure

The B-52 Stratofortress was reportedly returning from a global power mission over the Middle East when an emergency was declared.

An engine fire is thought to have caused one of the aircraft's engines to shut down.

The plane spent time circling the Gloucestershire skies to burn off fuel before touching down safely in Fairford.

Oh no! The dreaded 7 engine approach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And USN P8s are at Lossiemouth...see link for:

I'd spotted AE67F6 and AE67C5 in the last couple of days and was looking some background when I found that tweet.

Master
    I don’t really follow any of this air tracking stuff but today, around 2.20pm, over Tamworth, Staffordshire, a neighbour and I watched 4 planes flying at altitude line astern from west to east. How would I find out what they were? They were definitely travelling together, had us both intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    I don’t really follow any of this air tracking stuff but today, around 2.20pm, over Tamworth, Staffordshire, a neighbour and I watched 4 planes flying at altitude line astern from west to east. How would I find out what they were? They were definitely travelling together, had us both intrigued.
    There are a couple of sites that allow you to playback the days events but they filter out military and some other flights. I've had a look but cannot find anything. It's best to save https://globe.adsbexchange.com/ in your favourites and take a look as soon as you can. You may be able to find them for maybe an hour, possibly two...wherever they've flown to.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    There was a 4 ship of USAF F-15s headed from Lakenheath en-route to Low Flying Area 7 in Wales around 90 minutes before that. So timing for the return trip through the Lichfield air corridor means they’re probably what you saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    There was a 4 ship of USAF F-15s headed from Lakenheath en-route to Low Flying Area 7 in Wales around 90 minutes before that. So timing for the return trip through the Lichfield air corridor means they’re probably what you saw.
    That!^

Master
    There are a couple of sites that allow you to playback the days events but they filter out military and some other flights. I've had a look but cannot find anything. It's best to save https://globe.adsbexchange.com/ in your favourites and take a look as soon as you can. You may be able to find them for maybe an hour, possibly two...wherever they've flown to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post

Thanks both.

Pretty cool if that was the case!

There's an unknown UAV (at least that's the icon they're show) on the Aberport range: https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=43d1f5.

Help with ADS-B Exchange please

Until very recently in ADS-B Exchange when I hovered the cursor over an aircraft a pop-up would appear with its basic details. This happened even when I had selected another aircraft and the full details for it were displayed in a side column. Thus I could be showing the information for one aircraft and query the details of another at the same time. The pop-up has stopped working and I miss this facility.

Does anyone else have the same issue, please? Or is it something I've done and can rectify? Help please...

Until very recently in ADS-B Exchange when I hovered the cursor over an aircraft a pop-up would appear with its basic details. This happened even when I had selected another aircraft and the full details for it were displayed in a side column. Thus I could be showing the information for one aircraft and query the details of another at the same time. The pop-up has stopped working and I miss this facility.

Does anyone else have the same issue, please? Or is it something I've done and can rectify? Help please...
    Same for me. I see they've made some cosmetic changes, maybe they've made some functional changes too.

Same for me. I see they've made some cosmetic changes, maybe they've made some functional changes too.
    On reflection it may be a Windows issue. Have you done the latest updates? I recently did a large Patch Tuesday update and I think the change may have started then.

Does anyone else have the same issue, please?
    On reflection it may be a Windows issue.
    For what it's worth, I am seeing the behaviour you describe in the Chrome browser (ChromeOS and Linux) as well as Firefox (Linux). However I can't confirm that it has changed as I can't recall ever trying it previously.

Would it be worth trying a post on their forum?

On reflection it may be a Windows issue. Have you done the latest updates? I recently did a large Patch Tuesday update and I think the change may have started then.
    I'm on Linux. Anyway it started working for me after I used "Toggle (L)abels".

I'm on Linux. Anyway it started working for me after I used "Toggle (L)abels".

It was that easy...thank you very much.

It was that easy...thank you very much.
    The labels seem to be a bit flaky. I'm finding they switch off if I tab away and then come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    My guess is moving it from BAs Cardiffs maintenance facility to Storage / disposal.
    They will start to chop them up pretty soon if they have not started already.
    Last one made the short trip today...British Airways' last Boeing 747 reaches end of runway...but this one won't be getting chopped up (see video).

Gloster Meteor on the move: https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=406c65 Appears to be the one owned by Martin-Baker.
    Last edited by jools; 17th December 2020 at 11:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    The last act of the drama: the Getaway.
    Prestwick airport has been told to expect the arrival of a US military Boeing 757 aircraft, that is occasionally used by Trump, on January 19 – the day before his Democratic rival takes charge at the White House…
    Sunday Post
    The C-32s are most often used by the VP, FLOTUS etc. It may be that the USAF wish to retain the VC-25As for the POTUS46.

The VIP C-32s are ADFEB7 and ADFEB8.

Here's something you don't see very often.

Did anyone here hear it?

https://twitter.com/RoyalAirForce/st...15046169489410

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Here's something you don't see very often.

Did anyone here hear it?

R
    Indeed we did- I'm out in the Essex side of East London, and it sounded like something fell on the roof!

Master
    There are a couple of videos circulating of people walking dogs or videoing themselves when the fighter flew over. This ( taken from youtube) looks like someone’s security cam

https://youtu.be/_p_74-50mKM

And BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-essex-55634250

Steve
    Last edited by higham5; 13th January 2021 at 09:23.

Going back quite a few years I was walking home from work with 2 of my work mates, we were stood chewing the fat when we heard this almighty explosion.
    Our first thought was the petrol station close by had gone up but walking back it was all ok. Looking round you could see other people wondering what the hell had happened. I got home and messaged my mate who got on Twitter and the noise was heard from Northants to past Berkshire.
    It really was something

Any ideas as to what this is?

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=000002

Seems to have taken off from and landed at RAF Lakenheath so probably US.
    Last edited by jools; 19th January 2021 at 12:47.

Any ideas as to what this is?

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=000002

Seems to have taken off from and landed at RAF Lakenheath so probably US.
    No idea really but looking at what it was up to I'd guess it was something like a MC-12W (a bit like the UK's R-1) and that the USAF's equivalent of the RAF Regiment is on exercise at RAF Templeton.

No idea really but looking at what it was up to I'd guess it was something like a MC-12W (a bit like the UK's R-1) and that the USAF's equivalent of the RAF Regiment is on exercise at RAF Templeton.
    Thanks.

In addition to a fleet of USN Boeing P-8A Poseidon aircraft operating out of RAF Lossiemouth, this has appeared https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=488ccd...a USAF PZL M28 Skytruck (see also N310MV...it is free to register if you haven't already...and https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/Search/NNumberInquirhy where you enter that N number).
    Last edited by PickleB; 27th January 2021 at 15:45.

Flying again today...out of Boscombe Down...and in a bit of a hurry at 600+ knots in places.

Blog Entries
    Coastguard plane searching for missing fishing boat at the moment off Conwy. Lets hope they can find them.

Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Coastguard plane searching for missing fishing boat at the moment off Conwy. Lets hope they can find them.

...image...

The HMCG helicopter has taken someone to Gwynedd Hospital. It was on the ground at their helipad but it is now airborne once again: https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=406ddc. I've no way of telling it that is associated with the missing fishing boat or something else. Here's hoping for a favourable outcome for all casualties.

There are also several lifeboats active in the area of search: www.vesselfinder.com.

BBC link:

A major search operation is under way for three people missing on a fishing boat that left Conwy on Wednesday.

The vessel, believed to be the Nicola Faith, was expected back at midnight.

A coastguard spokeswoman said: "At just after 10am this morning, HM Coastguard received a report of an overdue fishing vessel with three people on board.

"The vessel had departed from Conwy, on the north coast of Wales, yesterday. The vessel was expected back in port at midnight last night."

Update Sadly, there is no good news: Coastguard calls off search.
    Last edited by PickleB; 29th January 2021 at 20:27.

Flying again today...out of Boscombe Down...and in a bit of a hurry at 600+ knots in places.
    And again today.

Goodness knows what this guy is up to, he's been flying over my place, and just about everywhere else around here and is still at it ! It's an American registered Gulfstream 111

Quote Originally Posted by Artistmike View Post
    Goodness knows what this guy is up to, he's been flying over my place, and just about everywhere else around here and is still at it ! It's an American registered Gulfstream 111

Could be part of the exercise the Hunter was involved with, it's covering roughly the same area and also took-off from Boscombe Down apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Artistmike View Post

...image...
    N710CF is registered to the Calspan Corporation and they have an established relationship with the Empire Test Pilots' School at Boscombe Down. See this link, click on 'Our aircraft' and scroll down to Calspan Learjet.

See also Calspan Aircraft Operation Services.
    Last edited by PickleB; 2nd February 2021 at 16:34.

Three military jets came over my house this evening. Very low, very fast and very loud!!
    Couldn’t tell what they were as it was about 6.30 and dark but they seemed to be a couple of hundred feet up...?
    I live about six miles east of Peterborough and often see USAF planes high up dogfighting but nothing this low ( I was under the impression they weren’t allowed to fly this low over housing?? ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Quote Originally Posted by andymonkey View Post
    Three military jets came over my house this evening. Very low, very fast and very loud!!
    Couldn’t tell what they were as it was about 6.30 and dark but they seemed to be a couple of hundred feet up...?
    I live about six miles east of Peterborough and often see USAF planes high up dogfighting but nothing this low ( I was under the impression they weren’t allowed to fly this low over housing?? ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Closest any aircraft can fly to structures (generally) is 500ft...which isn’t very high when it’s a fast jet. There are obviously occasions when the 500ft is permitted to be broken but military planes on training sorties is not one of them.