closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 330

Thread: Air traffic over the Uk

  1. #151
    Master Kirk280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    6,313
    Looks like 6-8 Typhoons are having fun at low level near RAF Coningsby....quite off putting when driving along! Can’t see them on the Flightradar24 app though.

  2. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Looks like 6-8 Typhoons are having fun at low level near RAF Coningsby....quite off putting when driving along! Can’t see them on the Flightradar24 app though.
    Flightradar seem to block a lot of military and other sensitive traffic. tar1090.adsbexchange.com should show them.

  3. #153
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    Quote Originally Posted by jools View Post
    ZZ507 doing the Dover Straits again today.
    This morning it's G-HMGB.

    See https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=407843.

    Edit Followed by G-TEKV.
    Last edited by PickleB; 28th August 2020 at 05:02.

  4. #154
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    Not sure what's going on, but it seems unusual for a Coast Guard helicopter to be over London (https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=406deb):


    Last edited by PickleB; 29th August 2020 at 15:23. Reason: added picture

  5. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Not sure what's going on, but it seems unusual for a Coast Guard helicopter to be over London (https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=406deb):
    I suspect that they will be going for a jolly through London, on the premise of ‘training’. (The mil do it regularly as well). That route looks like it is following H3.
    Last edited by Bravo73; 29th August 2020 at 15:51.

  6. #156
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    I suspect that they will be going for a jolly through London, on the premise of ‘training’. (The mil do it regularly as well). That route looks like it is following H3.
    I was wondering about that as I can't see that he's been on the ground anywhere to pick something / someone up. Now they've just landed at King's College Hospital...on the second attempt.

    And they're off again. Let's see where they go.

  7. #157
    S/he’s headed back north to pick up H4 east bound (along the river). This is definitely a training trip/jolly.

    If they were on a ‘shout’, they would have a different squawk (not a Heathrow 7033) and they wouldn’t bother to follow the helilanes. They would fly direct.

  8. #158
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    S/he’s headed back north to pick up H4 east bound (along the river). This is definitely a training trip/jolly.

    If they were on a ‘shout’, they would have a different squawk (not a Heathrow 7033) and they wouldn’t bother to follow the helilanes. They would fly direct.
    Yes, it looks like a familiarisation / training flight for a new pilot to me. Long route around looking at the coast on the way out and again on the way back.

  9. #159
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    There is a new kid on the block this morning, ICAO ID 43C87A, out over the Dover Strait with G-TEKV. That ID isn't recognised by the CAA's look-up website.


    Edit It may be a military Thales Watchkeeper WK450 UAV/drone. That ID closely precedes those of others known to be that type.
    Last edited by PickleB; 2nd September 2020 at 08:33.

  10. #160
    Master Ian_O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    There is a new kid on the block this morning, ICAO ID 43C87A, out over the Dover Strait with G-TEKV. That ID isn't recognised by the CAA's look-up website.
    It’s an AR5 unmanned vehicle built by Tekever, apparently.

  11. #161
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_O View Post
    It’s an AR5 unmanned vehicle built by Tekever, apparently.
    That is G-TEKV as per the link in:

    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    FlightRadar24 is showing G-TEKV over the Dover Strait at the moment.

    ...and I have updated my previous post with a probable identification of the other aircraft.

  12. #162
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    And now the Army's UAV has given way to ZZ507 an RAF Shadow R2 (or R1+).
    Last edited by PickleB; 2nd September 2020 at 09:24.

  13. #163
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Looks like 6-8 Typhoons are having fun at low level near RAF Coningsby....quite off putting when driving along! Can’t see them on the Flightradar24 app though.
    This morning there are loads of RAF training aircraft plus a bunch of Hawks that have come across from RAF Valley...https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?lat=...=00.130&zoom=8.

  14. #164
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    And now the Army's UAV has given way to ZZ507 an RAF Shadow R2 (or R1+).
    Meanwhile ZZ416 is taking a look at North Norfolk.

    Edit Plus G-HMGB is heading south...https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=407843.
    Last edited by PickleB; 2nd September 2020 at 11:07.

  15. #165
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    The SNAKES are having a busy day:


  16. #166
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    And now the Army's UAV has given way to ZZ507 an RAF Shadow R2 (or R1+).
    And now we know why...BBC link.

  17. #167
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    It's shown using the icon for a drone/UAV and has an Israeli ICAO ID...https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=738706...but that's about all I can find out. Except that it has more than likely been flown out of West Wales Airport..see www.flyuav.co.uk.

    Edit After a long outward trek it's on the way back now.
    Last edited by PickleB; 3rd September 2020 at 20:23.

  18. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    It's shown using the icon for a drone/UAV and has an Israeli ICAO ID...https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=738706...but that's about all I can find out. Except that it has more than likely been flown out of West Wales Airport..see www.flyuav.co.uk.
    Was wondering what this was. On FlightRadar24 it's trail does start in West Wales Airport.


  19. #169
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    Quote Originally Posted by jools View Post
    Was wondering what this was. On FlightRadar24 it's trail does start in West Wales Airport.

    ...image...
    Using the callsign CG26 makes me wonder if it's another demonstration / testing flight for HMCG. There's an earlier post of mine about them flying some experimental drones from their Caernarfon base.

  20. #170
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380

    UK air traffic over Demark

    Is there something rotten?


    Or else what is ZZ417 a Shadow R1 doing over there?

  21. #171
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    One of the UK’s two (more are on order) Poseidon Maritime Patrol Aircraft is making a trip south...https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=43c919.

  22. #172
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    Quote Originally Posted by jools View Post
    Was wondering what this was. On FlightRadar24 it's trail does start in West Wales Airport.

    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Using the callsign CG26 makes me wonder if it's another demonstration / testing flight for HMCG. There's an earlier post of mine about them flying some experimental drones from their Caernarfon base.
    See this link for:

    Elbit Systems UK has been selected by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) to conduct maritime demonstration flights in the UK using a number of its unmanned aerial systems (UAS) including the Hermes 900...With a wingspan of 15 metres, the 1.2 Ton Hermes 900 Maritime Patrol is a long-range maritime surveillance system tailored for littoral and blue water operations. It features maritime radar, an Electro Optic payload, Satellite Communication, an Automatic Identification System receiver and an Emergency Position-indicating Radio Beacon receiver...

    Up again today...https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=738706.
    Last edited by PickleB; 9th September 2020 at 11:40.

  23. #173
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    This is a sales video for the Hermes 900 Maritime UAS mentioned above:


  24. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    This is a sales video for the Hermes 900 Maritime UAS mentioned above:
    Been aloft for about five hours now!

  25. #175
    Hawker Hunter off Chesil Beach https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=43c925

  26. #176
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    Quote Originally Posted by jools View Post
    Been aloft for about five hours now!
    Apparently it can stay up for over 24h. I've found a picture that may show this UAV:


  27. #177
    Is that the one with or without Hellfires?

  28. #178
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    Is that the one with or without Hellfires?
    Pass...better ask the Maritime and Coastguard Agency.

  29. #179

  30. #180
    Not UK but there's an RQ-4 Global Hawk doing circuits over Lithuania/Latvia this morning:

    https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ae54b6

    Edit: I guess it's flying up and down the border with Belarus.

    There have been x6 B52's at RAF Fairford for a couple of weeks but they haven't shown up on that website once, despite flying over from here to Ukraine almost every day, guess they have their transponders turned off.
    Last edited by Vampire; 11th September 2020 at 10:53.

  31. #181
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
    Not UK but there's an RQ-4 Global Hawk doing circuits over Lithuania/Latvia this morning:

    https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ae54b6

    Edit: I guess it's flying up and down the border with Belarus.

    There have been x6 B52's at RAF Fairford for a couple of weeks but they haven't shown up on that website once, despite flying over from here to Ukraine almost every day, guess they have their transponders turned off.
    Possibly with a long distance look into Kaliningrad and now going back to Ivano-Frankivsk Airport?

  32. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Possibly with a long distance look into Kaliningrad and now going back to Ivano-Frankivsk Airport?
    Looks like it's heading off over Ukraine at the moment...

  33. #183
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
    Looks like it's heading off over Ukraine at the moment...
    Only guessing but maybe a look at Donbass and the Crimea? And then on to...I know not where, but it's back on the tracking map.


    Update Maybe it's heading to Larissa Airbase?
    Last edited by PickleB; 11th September 2020 at 20:51.

  34. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by jools View Post
    Hawker Hunter off Chesil Beach https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=43c925
    I noticed that, how is that still in military hands ??

  35. #185
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    I noticed that, how is that still in military hands ??
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Being operated by Hawker Hunter Aviation, I believe, and recovered from Brazil.


    Edit She's been around a bit...link.
    See also www.hunterteam.com and this link.
    Last edited by PickleB; 11th September 2020 at 20:34.

  36. #186
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    The two drones have been out there this morning and now it's CGD22B. A French warship (link) and two Border Force coastal patrol vessels (Speedwell and Hunter) have been out there as well.

  37. #187

  38. #188
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    Quote Originally Posted by jools View Post
    It's circling the Ålbæk Klitplantage and that wiki page tell me that "In the southern part of the plantation is a closed military area." The last time it was over Finderup Øvelsesplads, a military training area. My guess is that someone, maybe the RM, are over there on a joint exercise, probably under the aegis of one of the (several) Rapid Reaction Forces the UK has signed up to.

  39. #189
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
    Not UK but there's an RQ-4 Global Hawk doing circuits over Lithuania/Latvia this morning:

    https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ae54b6

    Edit: I guess it's flying up and down the border with Belarus.

    There have been x6 B52's at RAF Fairford for a couple of weeks but they haven't shown up on that website once, despite flying over from here to Ukraine almost every day, guess they have their transponders turned off.
    I saw ICAO hex codes AE5871 and AE5870 showing as unknown aircraft a few days ago, but nothing since. RadarBox has them as B52 with more records than adsbexchange. Might it have something to do with who is feeding the information to each site.

  40. #190

  41. #191
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    Quote Originally Posted by jools View Post
    According to Radarbox, yes it is B52 reg 60-0029.

  42. #192
    Ahhh so they are showing up. There are x6 B52's based at Fairford at the moment, and also a U-2 as well.

    https://youtu.be/zlCoByXOV10

  43. #193

  44. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Curious, it's near Lakenheath now. If it's Russian it could be one of the Open Skies Treaty overflights?

  45. #195
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
    Curious, it's near Lakenheath now. If it's Russian it could be one of the Open Skies Treaty overflights?
    Well it had a good look at Alanbrooke Barracks on the way there. Any suggestions as to where it took off?

  46. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    The same hex code is mentioned here https://theaviationist.com/2020/08/0...-live-weapons/

  47. #197
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,380
    Quote Originally Posted by jools View Post
    The same hex code is mentioned here https://theaviationist.com/2020/08/0...-live-weapons/
    Thanks for that. I've noticed a lot of unknown US aircraft lately and have the suspicion that they are F16s and maybe USN aircraft rather than USAF.

    Right now there are 2 UAVs flying east of Carlisle...42511C and 42511D. Their callsigns remind me of the filming company that I mentioned earlier in this thread.

    Edit That company is BB UAV Services and they are flying over RAF Spadeadam.
    Last edited by PickleB; 18th September 2020 at 10:41.

  48. #198
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Well it had a good look at Alanbrooke Barracks on the way there. Any suggestions as to where it took off?
    There’s nothing to write home about in Alanbrook now, I was there for a couple of years in the early 80s. Ironically our hanger was condemned and we moved out and took over Dishforth until a couple of years ago and now the air ambulance still use the old condemned hanger. Times have certainly changed over the years, the low flying areas were always full and you had to have eyes in your arse to keep separation and now if you see anything it’s something to put on the calendar. Even though I spent my time on rotary I still marvel at a good really low level herc.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  49. #199
    Watchkeeper over the Irish Sea https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=43c878

  50. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Thanks for that. I've noticed a lot of unknown US aircraft lately and have the suspicion that they are F16s and maybe USN aircraft rather than USAF.

    ...
    Do you have any idea why it was listed as Russian?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information