closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 334

Thread: Air traffic over the Uk

  1. #101
    Master Sinnlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,304

    The Red Arrows have left Scampton for their Flypast over London

  2. #102
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    swansea uk
    Posts
    1,794
    Just my opinion but I think the world was taking the p**s anyway with how much people were going traveling and on holidays.

    Im not going to check back here to see what hate I get for saying that but that is how I feel about it

  3. #103
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    4,540
    Just had them overhead en-route back to Scampton (North East Leicestershire/Lincs border), in a 5 and 4 ship.

    Nice surprise for VE Day!

  4. #104
    10:22


  5. #105
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,925
    Travel broadens the mind. Hope we recover this industry asap else we run the risk of losing the opportunity to be more open minded

  6. #106
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,200
    Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    Just my opinion but I think the world was taking the p**s anyway with how much people were going traveling and on holidays.

    Im not going to check back here to see what hate I get for saying that but that is how I feel about it
    Excellent.

    Don’t travel or go on holiday, then, no-one is forcing you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Travel broadens the mind. Hope we recover this industry asap else we run the risk of losing the opportunity to be more open minded
    Spreading a worldwide pandemic in the process, adding to global warming, in an effort to be more open minded? Might be an excuse to jet off on exotic holidays, drink gin and tonic in the sunshine, but no need to dress it up as something ‘essential’. The world seemed to do ok for the untold millennia before the invention of the aeroplane. I think attitudes to international plane travel will have to change, either now or at some point in the very near future - hard though that is to swallow.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #108
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,391
    Beware of thread diversion, please.

    We already have several threads devoted to the right and wrongs of various actions or inactions during the C19 epidemic.

  9. #109
    Master Sinnlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,304
    The Royal Family social distancing?

  10. #110
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Curta View Post
    10:22

    That is a great picture, did you take it?

  11. #111
    Many more light aircraft flights down my way today.

  12. #112
    Master sish101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    County Durham
    Posts
    2,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Curta View Post
    10:22

    Mrs Curta? Has Matthew had some major work done 'down below' or is this his better half?

    Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

  13. #113

    F35

    F35 near the Wash:


  14. #114
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    2,577
    Blog Entries
    1
    The wash is still busy as ever.

  15. #115
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    23,985
    Marked increase in air traffic today.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  16. #116
    Master Sinnlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,304
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Marked increase in air traffic today.
    I have been thinking the exact same thing Heathrow is a lot busier today
    Sitting here in the garden there seems to be a flight every 2/3 minutes followed by lull.

  17. #117
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,925
    Yep I'm in Kingston and noticed a lot of wide bodies heading to Asia and the middle east. Looking to fly to Thailand asap but will need to quarantine there 14 days and no flights currently.

  18. #118
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    23,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I have been thinking the exact same thing Heathrow is a lot busier today
    Sitting here in the garden there seems to be a flight every 2/3 minutes followed by lull.
    So not back to one every 30 seconds over 'Old Deer Park' yet.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  19. #119
    Master Sinnlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,304
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    So not back to one every 30 seconds over 'Old Deer Park' yet.
    Not quite that busy just yet!
    Luckily I only get every other one going out to the east over London.

  20. #120
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    23,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Not quite that busy just yet!
    Luckily I only get every other one going out to the east over London.
    I've sat in the garden at the Ailsa Tavern on more than one sunny afternoon watching them come in at 30 second intervals,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  21. #121
    Master Sinnlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,304
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I've sat in the garden at the Ailsa Tavern on more than one sunny afternoon watching them come in at 30 second intervals,
    Nice boozer!
    My go to after a game at HQ.

  22. #122
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,391
    I take that there is a protest outside the US Embassy. Both a police helicopter and one from BBC TV are circulating...link.


    Last edited by PickleB; 7th June 2020 at 14:46. Reason: insert image

  23. #123
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    I take that there is a protest outside the US Embassy. Both a police helicopter and one from BBC TV are circulating
    Just a shame the Apache can’t mislay a couple of flechette into some of the so called protesters that are just after a bit of violence!



    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  24. #124
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,391
    The Coastguard are evaluating unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) for SAR...link.

    The Schiebel Camcopter S-100 will operate from Caernarfon airport under HMCG's contract with Bristow Helicopters Ltd. Bristow are listed as having chartered two of them...G-UASA and G-UASB (ICAO hex ids 407951 and 407952, respectively).
    Last edited by PickleB; 19th June 2020 at 19:20. Reason: spelling

  25. #125
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,391
    Well, well, well...ZZ336 is out over the North Sea playing with a F35 Lightning: https://tar1090.adsbexchange.com/?icao=43c6f9 (click the 'I' on the right to see the F35).

  26. #126
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    The Coastguard are evaluating unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) for SAR...link.

    The Schiebel Camcopter S-100 will operate from Caernarfon airport under HMCG's contract with Bristow Helicopters Ltd. Bristow are listed as having chartered two of them...G-UASA and G-UASB (ICAO hex ids 407951 and 407952, respectively).
    Schiebel we’re trying to sell these to us for Police Air Support use a good few years ago, quite impressive bits of kit.

    They’re used for power line survey work in Europe with IR cameras to look for failing insulators, useful tools and very low operating costs compared to a full sized heli as well.

    I seem to reminder they were surprisingly expensive to purchase though, as was the support package.

  27. #127
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,391
    Quote Originally Posted by jools View Post
    The surveillance drone from Southampton uni is up over the Solent area.
    One is up at the moment over Thorney Island: G-CLLU ICAO id 4077B6.


    Edit See Drone successfully completes first delivery of medical equipment to the Isle of Wight for some background and a picture.
    Last edited by PickleB; 26th June 2020 at 17:16.

  28. #128
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,391
    Anyone around Yeovilton?

    There's an unusual Hawker Hunter in the skies at the moment between Yeovilton and Salisbury: https://tar1090.adsbexchange.com/?icao=43c925

    It was recovered from Chile and has been refurbished: link.
    Last edited by PickleB; 1st July 2020 at 14:49. Reason: extend location East to Salisbury

  29. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Anyone around Yeovilton?

    There's an unusual Hawker Hunter in the skies at the moment between Yeovilton and Salisbury: https://tar1090.adsbexchange.com/?icao=43c925

    It was recovered from Chile and has been refurbished: link.
    Blimey, a Hawker Hunter "ringer" , can never be too careful on the second hand military jet market !!!

  30. #130
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,391
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    There's a pair of E-3 Sentry aircraft flying contra-rotating circles over the North Sea at the moment. One UK and the other Luxembourg / NATO (LX-N90452). Maybe it's some form of comparison or cross-calibration exercise?
    They're playing a different game today...https://tar1090.adsbexchange.com/?icao=4d03c8,43c39f:

    Last edited by PickleB; 9th July 2020 at 11:35.

  31. #131
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,391
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    There's a pair of E-3 Sentry aircraft flying contra-rotating circles over the North Sea at the moment. One UK and the other Luxembourg / NATO (LX-N90452). Maybe it's some form of comparison or cross-calibration exercise?
    They're playing a different game today...https://tar1090.adsbexchange.com/?icao=4d03c8,43c39f:

    ...image...[/INDENT]

    Still up there:


  32. #132
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UP North.
    Posts
    11,280
    And possibly some more next week once Jet2 get airborne again.


  33. #133
    Drone still dronin' on:



  34. #134
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,391
    Quote Originally Posted by jools View Post
    Drone still dronin' on:

    ...image...

    Yep...it was active just before the search operation after migrant crossings until G-SCIR took over.

  35. #135
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,780
    Im not sure why, but instinctively it feels odd that military aircraft are displayed on these trackers. I'd just have imagined that would be all secret?

  36. #136
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,391
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Im not sure why, but instinctively it feels odd that military aircraft are displayed on these trackers. I'd just have imagined that would be all secret?
    Some are...some aren't. Some sites show them (when their transmissions are on and received), others don't...see ADS-B Exchange for:

    First and foremost ADS-B Exchange does not participate in the filtering performed by most other flight tracking websites which do not share data on military or certain private aircraft. Because ADS-B Exchange does not use any FAA data there are no FAA BARR/LADD, military, or other “filters” preventing you from seeing the the data you collected. ADS-B Exchange simply does not accept payment or requests to remove aircraft from public tracking!

  37. #137
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,391
    Quote Originally Posted by jools View Post
    Drone still dronin' on:

    ...image...
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Yep...it was active just before the search operation after migrant crossings until G-SCIR took over.
    This morning it was joined by G-SCTR as CGD24B.

    Also there are quite a few balloons active over the Low Countries and Switzerland.
    Last edited by PickleB; 19th July 2020 at 05:34.

  38. #138
    Drone thingy over Salisbury Plain:


  39. #139
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,391
    No drone this time but a CG helicopter, 2 RNLI lifeboats and a French SAR tug all in the Dover Strait.

  40. #140
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,391
    Unlike the CG, UoS and Army UAVs mentioned in this thread, I don't think these will show on the tracking sites...Kent Police use drones.

  41. #141
    Channel surveillance very busy today, still going post 10am.


  42. #142
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,391
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Anyone around Yeovilton?

    There's an unusual Hawker Hunter in the skies at the moment between Yeovilton and Salisbury: https://tar1090.adsbexchange.com/?icao=43c925

    It was recovered from Chile and has been refurbished: link.
    It's up again flying off of the south coast.

  43. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    It's up again flying off of the south coast.
    So what's he doing there, some kind of exercise? I see there's a naval auxilary in the vicinity.

    Edit: seems to be flying very low!
    Last edited by jools; 12th August 2020 at 17:13.

  44. #144
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,391
    Quote Originally Posted by jools View Post
    So what's he doing there, some kind of exercise? I see there's a naval auxilary in the vicinity.

    Edit: seems to be flying very low!
    I wondered the same thing. Hunters flown by commercial companies were (perhaps still are) used to simulate attacks on warships undergoing work-ups in the 'Thursday war' but this one's pattern is very regular.

    There's another drone up at the moment, see link.

    Odds on it belongs to BB UAV Services but its ICAO ID isn't recognised on the CAA database as yet.
    Last edited by PickleB; 12th August 2020 at 17:55. Reason: added link to 'Thursday war'

  45. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    I wondered the same thing. Hunters flown by commercial companies were (perhaps still are) used to simulate attacks on warships undergoing work-ups in the 'Thursday war' but this one's pattern is very regular.

    There's another drone up at the moment, see link.

    Odds on it belongs to BB UAV Services but its ICAO ID isn't recognised on the CAA database as yet.

    Re Hunter: I used to see three Cobham Dassault Falcons flying in that area (based at Bournemouth) which I assumed were acting as some sort of training.

    Re drone: interesting, there's a load of storms in progress thereabouts.

  46. #146
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,391
    Quote Originally Posted by jools View Post
    Re Hunter: I used to see three Cobham Dassault Falcons flying in that area (based at Bournemouth) which I assumed were acting as some sort of training.

    Re drone: interesting, there's a load of storms in progress thereabouts.
    There are several Cobham / FR Aviation Falcons over the North Sea off of Sunderland with a bunch of Hawks plus a P8-A Poseidon circling a little further north. I suppose that there is some form of exercise going on out at sea.

  47. #147
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,391
    Quote Originally Posted by jools View Post
    Channel surveillance very busy today, still going post 10am.

    Today it's joined by ZZ507 a Shadow R1. Ten days ago there was a RAF A400.

  48. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Today it's joined by ZZ507 a Shadow R1. Ten days ago there was a RAF A400.
    ZZ507 doing the Dover Straits again today.

  49. #149
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,391
    Quote Originally Posted by jools View Post
    ZZ507 doing the Dover Straits again today.
    Some pictures...link...but you have to look hard to see the ID. Fortunately the photographer has helped us out.

  50. #150
    Britten-Norman Defender patrolling the Dover Straits today. https://tar1090.adsbexchange.com/?icao=4009b4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information