closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Datejust 31 2019 winding issue

Rolex Datejust 31 2019 winding issue

Hi guys I’m after some advice on the above. As we’ve been on lockdown me and the misses have pretty much stopped wearing our watches. As her watch had sat there stopped for 6 days she asked me to wind it as she can’t undo the crown. I’ve wound my sub many times over the years, simple enough process. I unscrewed the crown to first position on the misses datejust, and began to wind but it didn’t feel right at all. Not smooth, kind of notchy, can also feel like there is a counter weight spinning inside as well when winding as you can feel the watch wobbling in your hands if that makes sense.

She’s had the watch on her wrist since purchasing new, this is the first time it’s ever been wound ?

Any ideas? Obviously will need to go back to rolex but, for what cost over £9k, not impressed if it indeed has to go back, especially now as I’m not even sure how we’ll get it back to them.

Any insight on this issue appreciated.

Thanks guys

Master
    It will still be under warranty, so just be patient and wait until the lock down is over. If you start messing around with it, you will invalidate the warranty and that's not sensible.

I agree that it must be irritating.

Wouldn’t of thought winding up a rolex would invalidate a warranty? Just curious to know if anyone else has had a similar experience and what the issue was?

Of course i know it’s under warranty, but still interested in what people think my of caused the issue on what is a year old rolex? Know issues? Etc..

Craftsman
    If she has worn the watch constantly from new and never manually wound it this might be the issue.
    There is a winding module -wigwag- which disengages the rotor when manual winding, when you unlock the crown into winding position the module flips over into winding mode.
    This module may just need oiled, as it’s sat in the auto position since new.
    I’m no expert on this but have read in the past of this issue.

May help, may not