closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Photoshop and a Speedmaster Request

Photoshop and a Speedmaster Request

Hi all,

Still thinking of my first Omega, the toss up is between a Speedy or Seamster. I've come across an older Speedy '3549' model which I love the look of the dial, applied logo, broad arrow hands. Although I'm not sold on the steel bezel compared the standard Pro black bezel. Can anyone with much better photoshop skills, show me an image of the 3594.50 with a normal pro bezel? I like the pro case & bezel but prefer the broadarrow hands and applied logo of the reissue plus twisted lugs compared to the FOIS.

Heres a picture of the said model

Thanks
    Last edited by McBeardy; 27th April 2020 at 17:01.

The 3594.50 is identical to the standard Speedmaster Pro except for dial, hands, bezel and case back. I've done a rough Photoshop of the 3594.50 dial and hands on a standard Speedy case and black bezel (ignore the bracelet). Having said that, the steel bezel is my favorite thing about the watch and something I would never want to swap out.

doctored photo

My 3594.50 and its lovely steel bezel

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    The 3594.50 is identical to the standard Speedmaster Pro except for dial, hands, bezel and case back. I've done a rough Photoshop of the 3594.50 dial and hands on a standard Speedy case and black bezel (ignore the bracelet). Having said that, the steel bezel is my favorite thing about the watch and something I would never want to swap out.

doctored photo

My 3594.50 and its lovely steel bezel
    Thanks you exactly what I was after.

Thought the models were pretty much the same. The steel bezel doesn’t do it for me I’m afraid, to much steel blends together, least with the black bezel it becomes more monochromatic. But I am a sucker for applied logos haha

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Still thinking the 3954 model would be the one I go for, with a replacement SpeedyPro bezel.

Chrono24 seems the only place these pop up for sale, and mainly in the US.

As an alternative thought, how about this

I kept the steel bezel, but got a replacement handset painted white, to aid legibility.
    I love the results, including the rather paint-splattered strap I have it on.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    As an alternative thought, how about this

I kept the steel bezel, but got a replacement handset painted white, to aid legibility.
    I love the results, including the rather paint-splattered strap I have it on.

Dave
    Thanks. That’s does look good. But I’d then think I should’ve stayed with the Pro, and the Logo not matching would bug me. Maybe I’ll wait until the new one is released this yr and see if there are any visual changes rather than just mechanical.

Would really love to see a actual watch with the bezel and handset I’m after rather than render to really make my mind up.

Or just buy one myself and do, think prices are good enough to get my money back if I’m not keen.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

When I was looking for mine, it was definitely one of the better value Speedie versions out there. That model had a slight reputation for corrosion on the hands, so make sure that if you buy one, it has good hands.