closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Aevitas watch boxes - any good?

Craftsman

Aevitas watch boxes - any good?

Anybody have one of these? If so what do you recon to them?

I've been thinking for a while that I need something different to house my watches.

I've spent a fair bit on these over the years and now have a fairly decent collection of older pieces - Rolex 2 line sub, Tudor lollipop sub, IWC Mark XV & Flieger 3706, Omega speedy, etc.

I have 7 what I'd call decent watches so on that basis I'm looking for a box that will hold 8 watches. That will also stop me buying any more watches too...maybe...!!!

Currently using an old wooden box that I picked up years ago whilst we were in New England - I just put some felt and a few dividers in and have used it ever since.

I lay my watches flat in the felt lined box top/underneath drawer, not around cushions - most are fine but my Speedy is on a deployment so I can't lay it flat - it just about goes into the drawer without it catching on anything when its closed.

Have looked at the usual suspects on Amazon, Ebay, Etsy, etc but have decided that if I'm going to get a new watch box that it'll be a decent one. I know that some would argue that a fancy watch box is a waste of money but each to their own!

These are the 2 that I've decided on - the first has a carbon fibre veneer, the second a walnut veneer - they both have a slightly domed lid -

Both are pricey - the carbon fibre one can be had for £140 on Ebay and the walnut one £120 on Amazon.

I'm torn as to which one to go for - they're both good looking and seem to be good quality. I'm sort of edging towards the carbon fibre one - its very modern and the ivory cushions look good against the monotone colours whereas the walnut one is maybe a little more old fashioned but is still vary classy, maybe more expensive looking (plus £20 cheaper).

Which would you go for?

Craftsman
    Never heard of them before, but there's a large range of them on Amazon

Walnut for me

Craftsman
    I bought a 6 watch version with a leather covering. Well made and sturdy. I wear large watches and there seems to be just enough room between the sections so the watches don't touch. I find the cushions well made and sturdy but soft to touch so wont scratch etc. The cushions for my 8” wrist sized watches are too small but if you have smaller wrists then the cushions will be fine. All in i would buy again.

Craftsman
    Never heard of them either but going to follow this thread as I got my Mele box 4-5 years ago and could do with some more storage.

Carbon one would be my choice, it does look rather good :)

Checking reviews online doesnt show much. Seems to sell products through Amazon and gifts in time?? 99% though ebay (over 6600 reviess) and 99% on Amazon (over 14,000 reviews). Looking through some of the reviews it appears it is not just watch boxes but other jewelry/watch related items. The only 1 review I could see for a watch box it was described as only average!

Please update this thread and let us know how you get on :)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Damo View Post
    Never heard of them either but going to follow this thread as I got my Mele box 4-5 years ago and could do with some more storage.

Carbon one would be my choice, it does look rather good :)

Checking reviews online doesnt show much. Seems to sell products through Amazon and gifts in time?? 99% though ebay (over 6600 reviess) and 99% on Amazon (over 14,000 reviews). Looking through some of the reviews it appears it is not just watch boxes but other jewelry/watch related items. The only 1 review I could see for a watch box it was described as only average!

Please update this thread and let us know how you get on :)
    The walnut one I'm looking at has some good reviews
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Quality-Col...ef_=ast_sto_dp

Pleased with mine, a 20 watch box (watch content has changed since the photo) quality is good, not fantastic

I bought this 6 watch box from Aevitas last May.
    It's a nice looking box and decent quality for the money.
    The cushions fit in the slots nice and firmly so watches don't rattle in the box like with some boxes.
    The cushions are just the right size for bracelets around 7" but I've noticed the material on the cushions coming loose where it tucks in the side pieces of the cushions so needed a drop of glue to keep the material from coming away.

Last edited by Ric356II; 9th April 2020 at 14:29.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I recently bought two winders from them,seem good value,will buy a couple more when the dust settles.