closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: MS Word for MacBook

MS Word for MacBook

I'm trying to find a copy of MS Office for my MacBook that doesn't cost the earth.
    Have tried Libra Office, but does not work seamlessly with templates and developer function in MS Word.
    Happy to pay, but looking for good value.
    Don't require multiple licences, just something that is fully compatible with MS Word 2007.
    Anyone got anything to recommend please?
    Cheers

Craftsman
    I use https://www.wps.com/ on kubuntu, . It's the most compatible one I tried. Mac version available.

An annual subscription for Office365 costs about £54. Just buy it.

Or if you just need an excellent word processor, try Nisus Writer Pro for about £40.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Plenty of licences on eBay for a few pounds.

Office 2019 listed for 8.00 be a digital lifetime licence so you can download straightaway.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    Plenty of licences on eBay for a few pounds.

Office 2019 listed for 8.00 be a digital lifetime licence so you can download straightaway.
    I looked at those and the ones I saw directed you to download the software from there own repository, which means the software is likely not a genuine licensed version and more importantly could be compromised and contain virus / malware.

Also tried CJS CDKeys and the key they provided didn’t work and I had to get PayPal involved for my refund, your luck might be better.
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...Online-sellers

Amazon did have so office 2011 keys but I believe it’s no longer supported and will not work with Catalina.

Have you tried the free MS office online, it might do what you need?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I don't think that has the developer function?

If this is for business purposes - as others have pointed out - just get office365.
    Last edited by Alansmithee; 9th April 2020 at 09:04.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    I don't think that has the developer function?

If this is for business purposes - as others have pointed out - just get office365.
    I believe you are right, I missed the developer requirement in the op, I agree unless you have better luck than me with alternatives sources Office365 is the way forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I looked at those and the ones I saw directed you to download the software from there own repository, which means the software is likely not a genuine licensed version and more importantly could be compromised and contain virus / malware.

Also tried CJS CDKeys and the key they provided didn’t work and I had to get PayPal involved for my refund, your luck might be better.
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...Online-sellers

Amazon did have so office 2011 keys but I believe it’s no longer supported and will not work with Catalina.

I must have been luckier as the one I got downloaded from the MS site and took the key and fully licenced - reselling a corporate licence so not correct, but I know people who buy back old PCs and resell the OEM licences so it does happen. It subsequently upgraded to 365 smoothly too. it is a good point if sending you to their own site.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    I must have been luckier as the one I got downloaded from the MS site and took the key and fully licenced - reselling a corporate licence so not correct, but I know people who buy back old PCs and resell the OEM licences so it does happen. It subsequently upgraded to 365 smoothly too. it is a good point if sending you to their own site.
    It does seem hot and miss based on trust pilot reviews, out of interest do you recall who you used CJS CDKeys or someone else?

Apprentice
    I’ve used CDKeys and been ok. It’s worth remembering if you have a .ac.uk email account you can get for free.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    I'm trying to find a copy of MS Office for my MacBook that doesn't cost the earth.
    Have tried Libra Office, but does not work seamlessly with templates and developer function in MS Word.
    Happy to pay, but looking for good value.
    Don't require multiple licences, just something that is fully compatible with MS Word 2007.
    Anyone got anything to recommend please?
    Cheers
    I have a spare MS Office: Mac 2011 with Word, Power-Point and Excel. Home and Student (3 users/3 Macs) version.

To the best of my knowledge there is at least one licence remaining. If you don't get anything better let me know and i can put it in the post.

If it works you can make a donation to Eddies Fundraiser.
    Last edited by Pretzel; 10th April 2020 at 21:23.