closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Current going rate for Rolex Submariner Date 16610 (pre-ceramic)

Craftsman

Current going rate for Rolex Submariner Date 16610 (pre-ceramic)

Looking to source the above watch. Ideally a clean model with full box/papers from the years 2007 - 2010.

There are plenty around but the prices are all over the place, especially with artificial prices from dealers who offer differing discounts.

What’s a good price for one of these at the moment or what you would be willing to pay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Looking at eBay sold prices £5800 to £6200 for box and papers set.

There is one on SC for £7500, whilst it seems serviced with warranty and all the trimmings, that seems a bit on the high side.

Depends if you want a minter, service’d and warranty, “collectible” set or just a nice decent one to wear. Probably £500-£1000 difference between one and the other.

I sold mine 2-ish years ago for £5k here on the forum, fresh from a service but unpolished.
    Prices have shot up somewhat since then, but I would hope to see them retrace back to within a grand of this given present times, assuming private deal here or similar.
    Add anything from 10 to 25% in a shop - although not sure if there is some haggling opportunity with so little trading right now?

Craftsman
    Just looking for a nice decent one to wear, not bothered about NOS/mint as it’s going to be a daily wearer anyway.

The prices are just all over the place at the moment so just not sure what is a good price to buy at - happy to pay the going rate but don’t want to get fleeced!

Haywood has a couple just over £6k and he is always fair with his prices as a dealer.

https://www.miltonaires.com/?s=16610&post_type=product

I would expect to pay around £1000 less privately.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Haywood has a couple just over £6k and he is always fair with his prices as a dealer.

https://www.miltonaires.com/?s=16610&post_type=product

I would expect to pay around £1000 less privately.
    I wouldn't expect the difference in price from private seller to keenly priced dealer to be as much as £1000 personally.

I'd think nearer £500 for the exact same watch/package

Master

You will not get a full set for 5K
    Roughly 6 I would imagine

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I sold mine to a dealer for £6000 about 3mths ago.

I did think of selling it here and maybe getting more but Rolex sales seem to drag out the worst in the forum.

Craftsman
    £6k to £6.5k seems to be the going rate for a mint, late model with full box and papers.

Some prices just seem ridiculous, although these are usually artificial prices from dealers.

The OP wants a late one 2007 to 2010 Rehant ones always slightly more.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lawler View Post
    £6k to £6.5k seems to be the going rate for a mint, late model with full box and papers.

Some prices just seem ridiculous, although these are usually artificial prices from dealers.

Sounds about right
    Be surprised if 6 didn’t get you one privately
    I sold my 14060 trit (full set )for 6.1K couple of months back on SC and stuff certainly hasn’t gone up since then.

Journeyman
    For a full is about 6 to 7k

Condition as ever is everything..that’s why prices tend to vary..
    IMO for what it’s worth a nice one is going to be £6.5k+
    And a very nice original unpolished full set probably well over £7.5k

NOS is again a step up in price.

Last edited by SteveM112; 8th April 2020 at 16:44.

Personally I would wait a month or so and reassess, Rolex's are only going to fall in price.

Quote Originally Posted by lawler View Post

It’s not only dealers asking silly prices
    Private sellers on the Facebook Rolex forums are still asking last years prices and the overheated pieces are still selling at those overhyped prices..
    It’s amusing at times reading comments from those who don’t know their Ar*e from their Elbow..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Personally I would wait a month or so and reassess, Rolex's are only going to fall in price.
    Think you are correct & if this drags on month by month some will have to reassess prices.

Try a WTB advert you will soon gauge the market.

Craftsman
    Put a WTB out but only NOS models available on here at the moment.

Let’s see what the next few weeks brings - happy to pay what I need to but just don’t want to be paying over the odds (especially with the current market)

Haywood’s site is a really good reference point, and you’re 100% sure you are getting the real deal.

It just seems the wrong time to be chasing one? No f-2-f possible. If you want a wearer rather than a safe-queen investment there doesn’t seem much point breaking your neck over one at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    Think you are correct & if this drags on month by month some will have to reassess prices.

Try a WTB advert you will soon gauge the market.
    I disagree the only true reference point we have for certain is the 2008 financial crash when prices of Rolex remained relatively stable.
    In 2008 Nobody was paying above RRP and most models were available at a small discount..
    The only models where I see falls with the unprecedented events we are all suffering from are the current overheated overhyped pieces and dealers are still paying a healthy but smaller premium on these current hot models ..
    Prices on these pieces have seen steady falls long before the Virus struck but I believe we will not see these current sought after pieces at RRP anytime soon.
    I believe older pieces will again remain stable.
    What is considered Vintage remains and very much in demand and prices strong.
    Where prices go from here is pure speculation.

But then again WTF do I know..

I had my 14060 Tritium up for sale on SC last week, it’s a very complete watch and what could be called a collectors set.
    I only had it up for 24 hrs at £7950 and it attracted a lot of firm interest, I pulled it due to current situation with meeting up to complete a deal and also I was on the fence about letting it go.

If prices do drop in the short term I can see this being due to the amount of watches coming on the market, look at Watchfinder offering ridiculously low prices as they are overstocked, Saying that I can see them going back up and beyond in the longer term especially the 5 digit and older watches that are not being made anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post

If prices do drop in the short term I can see this being due to the amount of watches coming on the market, look at Watchfinder offering ridiculously low prices as they are overstocked, Saying that I can see them going back up and beyond in the longer term especially the 5 digit and older watches that are not being made anymore..
    I agree with this. Stories of WF having 50 BLNRs is going to have an impact and their asking price is bound to fall. I also agree that WF and the likes offering below RRP is great news for everyone expect the profiteers. Not a lot of point buying that brand new watch and hot footing round to WF just to offered £1,500 less than you have just paid. Those people will drop off the waiting lists overnight.

I also think the demand for the 5 digit and earlier watches will remain strong and mint full sets will still be eagerly sought after by collectors. If a few people need to offload that will of course create a temporary blip, but I think in the longer term people won't be able to buy these watches for bargain prices.

Craftsman
    Found a 2010 14060m in good condition with full box and papers for £6,400, after negotiating a reduction.

The only thing is it doesn't look like it has had a service, as no service receipts and current owner is the 2nd owner.

Is this a good price and would you buy without a service? I can always service myself once received.

Craftsman
    Watching this thread with interest. Can someone explain what NOS means in this context pls?

Quote Originally Posted by Jari37 View Post
    Watching this thread with interest. Can someone explain what NOS means in this context pls?
    New Old Stock. A watch that appears from a magical drawer or cupboard somewhere that's somehow been forgotten about and has never seen daylight until it's discovered. They are out there (apparently)

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    New Old Stock. A watch that appears from a magical drawer or cupboard somewhere that's somehow been forgotten about and has never seen daylight until it's discovered. They are out there (apparently)
    Gotcha, thanks fella. Still trying to get my head round all the acronyms.