closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Brermont Royal Marines 350 LE

Hybrid View

Journeyman

Brermont Royal Marines 350 LE

I don't know how long I will be a newbie for but if its like my sailing club I'm still considered to be a new member after 3 years.

Thought I'd better start uploading some pictures starting with my Bremont. Purchased by pre order in 2013 for the 350th Anniversary of the Royal Marines in 2014.
    Only available to serving and ex serving members with proof of service. Its a Bremont Supermarine 500 with a few additions to the dial and tested to 507m which is 1664ft (birth year of the RM 1664) And a case back engraved with service number.

I know a couple of lads with these
    It very subtly done and a nice watch.

I really like bremont and have owned a few over the years. Never had a supermarine but have tried one on and it’s a great watch, yours looks even better with extra red text. Nice !

I like this watch and some others but I find the size too large over all on most.

Master
    Does your former profession relate to your TZ name John?
    Very nice that, I like the subtle splash of colour on the dial and service number on the back is a nice touch.
    I had the normal S500 version 1 like yours but foolishly sold it to buy something else which I ended up flipping and needless to say still regret letting it go. At least it went to someone on TZ so I have a chance of getting it back some day. Great watches, one of Bremonts best. I like the Airborne version to. Good choice.

Apprentice
    Nice watch "Royal" but with that service number your a "sprog!" when did you join up?....1983/4?

enjoy the watch bud

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Nice watch "Royal" but with that service number your a "sprog!" when did you join up?....1983/4?

enjoy the watch bud

Looks possibly like summer/autumn 85 to me.
    Last edited by Johnny Mac; 13th May 2020 at 20:27.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mac View Post
    Looks possibly like summer/autumn 85 to me.
    Yep, spot on with that, 505 troop.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post

enjoy the watch bud
    Maybe I should cross out the service number for security purposes

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    Does your former profession relate to your TZ name John?
    Very nice that, I like the subtle splash of colour on the dial and service number on the back is a nice touch.
    I had the normal S500 version 1 like yours but foolishly sold it to buy something else which I ended up flipping and needless to say still regret letting it go. At least it went to someone on TZ so I have a chance of getting it back some day. Great watches, one of Bremonts best. I like the Airborne version to. Good choice.
    No actually, on an episode of 'Dr Who' there were two Dave's, to distinguish the two they were nicknamed Proper Dave and Other Dave. On another forum I'm on there is a well known John so I decided to be the Other John and its kind of stuck.

They are great watches, made from some quite technical materials. I have the bracelet but have only ever worn it on rubber.

I think they wear small for the actual size but I’d love this watch at 40mm