closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Adjusting a sliderobe door

Master

Adjusting a sliderobe door

My sliderobes need adjusting they aren’t hitting the ends evenly (too is against the end and the bottom is a finger width away )

It should be easy looking online but they seem to be simpler units

My doors have 3 Allen bolts each side Top and bottom

Any idea which one adjusts the height ? And what the other two are for ?

Not a silly question bur are the sides that they strike against, plumb faced ?
    Obviously, if they're not, you might not have enough adjustment to achieve a parallel closure..

As Reggie said please put a spirit level up against the closing face/ jamb . Then put it on the door whats going on which one needs adjusting .

Sorry if you have already done this , just my first thoughts to find out whats going on .

If you loosen those bolts a little, can you see the door drop down a bit ? If so try putting a piece of wood underneath the door and pull up , tighten bolts then check the door edge with spirit level.

Master
    Yes jambs are level

and one of the sliderobes is almost down on the track I just don’t know which screw will raise it :)

The only town in Britain with Caesar's name
    Just a thought. Can’t you adjust one at a time and count the amount of 1/4 turns so that you can always return it back to its original position if it’s not the correct one? I should mention that one might be a locking cam?

B

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    Yes jambs are level

and one of the sliderobes is almost down on the track I just don’t know which screw will raise it :)
    Right , as Bomberman just suggested would be next , see how you get on .

At a guess I would say its the middle bolt ,as he said this will probably be on a cam adjuster, but you will need to slacken the top and bottom bolts off to get it to raise or lower . Piece of wood or wedge of some kind under the door would be handy ,as the cam maybe broken and you dont want to undo the bolts with it at risk of just dropping !!

My thoughts are it may well be like a UPVC door hinge , these adjust on a cam in the middle . Is the 3 blots all you can see or is there any smaller allen bolt adjuster on the slider ?

Master
    hi

sorry for the delay

yes it was the middle one and have it sorted now!

thanks

Journeyman
    Hey,
    I was so impressed with their service. Got veneer interior doors in my home. I wanted to be a special order so they took a week to come in, and when they did I brought in my old doors and they matched the hinges and lock placement so I could just swap out the door and not rip out the casing. All except two doors fit correctly and they fixed them no extra charge.
    Last edited by Derrils; 10th July 2020 at 11:25.