closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any laptop deals about?

Any laptop deals about?

Can i get a reasonable laptop for £300 -350?

It`ll just be for general internet browsing, picture/video management and the usual email/office stuff etc so it wouldn`t necessarily need to have the *wow* performance of a gaming machine for instance (deffo do not want anything sluggish though..)

Anyone got any pointers on a good deal?

It seems laptops are quite in demand at the moment - everyone`s working from home! (not me though - my current laptop has just died).

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Can i get a reasonable laptop for £300 -350?

It`ll just be for general internet browsing, picture/video management and the usual email/office stuff etc so it wouldn`t necessarily need to have the *wow* performance of a gaming machine for instance (deffo do not want anything sluggish though..)

Anyone got any pointers on a good deal?

It seems laptops are quite in demand at the moment - everyone`s working from home! (not me though - my current laptop has just died).
    Tough time given that laptops are at a premium at the moment - it is difficult to link directly to the dell outlet but the best I could do if you want something that is not sluggish was near £400 but i think they will do a discount code if you sign up for a newsletter or might have other codes available.

The spec was:

Dell Outlet Inspiron 15 - 3585 Laptop

AMD Ryzen 5 2500U Processor (Quad Core, Up to 3.60 GHz, 6MB Cache, 15W)

Windows 10 Home

8GB (2X4GB) 2666MHz DDR4 Non-ECC

256GB PCIe M.2 NVMe Class 35 Solid State Drive

AMD Radeon Vega Graphics

Software

Dell Wireless Card (802.11ac + Bluetooth, Dual Band 2.4&5 GHz, 1x1)

LCD Back Cover - Platinum Silver

Black Texture Palmrest with Finger Print Reader

3-Cell, 42 WHr Battery

15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display

UK/Irish Non-Backlit Keyboard

Just bought the Mrs a Lenovo in their Easter sale decent spec was just under £500 with a education discount as the kids go to school

https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops...L/p/81VV009FUK

Keep an eye on hotukdeals.com. If a decent laptop appears anywhere the nerds on there will know about it! You often need to be quick though: https://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/laptop

Cheers for the pointers.
    I have bagged myself a laptop with similar spec to one suggested by Alansmithee - Intel i5, 8GB, 256SSD but i did have to up my budget somewhat and lay down some extra wedge. I may have been a little optimistic with my original figure...
    Laptop is performing well - very fast!
    Last edited by E_2_Right-Force; 7th April 2020 at 17:26.

Hello

All,

A friends wife has just been made redundant so she's going to start looking for jobs and start her own business. Her husband wants to get her a laptop to help with this.

https://www.mycheaplaptop.co.uk/prod...UaAovREALw_wcB

HP EliteBook 840 G1 Slim Ultrabook 14-inch 4th Gen Core i5 Laptop 16GB Ram SSD Windows 10
    Refurbished

Is this any good?

I'd suggest adding MS Office to the package as well.

Best,

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by burnside View Post
    All,

A friends wife has just been made redundant so she's going to start looking for jobs and start her own business. Her husband wants to get her a laptop to help with this.

https://www.mycheaplaptop.co.uk/prod...UaAovREALw_wcB

HP EliteBook 840 G1 Slim Ultrabook 14-inch 4th Gen Core i5 Laptop 16GB Ram SSD Windows 10
    Refurbished

Is this any good?

I'd suggest adding MS Office to the package as well.

Best,

Ben
    These are pretty old laptops - Is £300 the top of her budget? It's a pretty miserable experience working on a cheap laptop for hours each day.

She would also be better off with office365 than stand-alone off so all of her client works is securely stored in the cloud in case the laptop went pop...

Hello

I think they could stretch to £500 if there are some options at that level.

Agreed re slow IT can make work even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by burnside View Post
    I think they could stretch to £500 if there are some options at that level.

Agreed re slow IT can make work even worse.

Do they have a school kid or someone at University at home? This from the Lenovo Education store would be a good bit:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/len...gb-ssd-3452552

It does not come with windows but you can get windows for free from Microsoft anyway - just download it.

Hello

Thanks Alan they have children.

I'll send them the link.

Master
    If you can understand this, you're a better man than me! But it seems to be well thought of:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/len...hread-comments

I used laptopsdirect.co.uk a few weeks ago to get my son a laptop for his home schooling, delivery was really quick,I ordered after 5pm and got it the next day. I didn’t shop around too much but prices seemed similar everywhere from what I could see.
    Dan