closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hello tz-uk

Hello tz-uk

Hello all, I’ve been lurking around here for a couple of months but have finally managed to join (turns out trying to use Tapatalk to register is one way to remain a lurker indefinitely). Also a member of WUS where I tend to hang out on the Seiko sub forum.

I’ve bought & flipped a few watches over the last 3-4 years but am fairly settled on my current two - a Tudor 79220N black bay black, and a Seiko srpc23 grey turtle as my daily.

Am always on the lookout for the next one tho (who isn’t) and some of the 2020 Seiko releases are looking really tempting. Also love the CWC divers but have never quite managed to snag one at the right price.

I’m located in the north east, roughly halfway between Newcastle and Durham - and like everyone else, currently spending WAY too much time at home with wife and kids!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Hi, I'm new here too. At least the Seiko has a date function to help you count down the days until we're all free again!

Craftsman
    Hello enndriz, I'm more of a lurker here than a poster to be honest. If I ever work out how to post photo's I might post far more often.

The grey turtle you have - is that the one with the orange bezel? Nice watch.

Hello tz-uk

Haha you are right animaal, let’s hope it doesn’t go on for too much longer! Although have to say it hasn’t been anywhere near as bad as I thought so far.

Hi 2012, no I don’t have the ‘dawn grey’, mine is the darker grey dial with black bezel:

Last edited by enndriz; 15th April 2020 at 13:28.

Welcome enndriz! That’s a good looking turtle. Really like the grey dial black bezel combination.

Welcome OP!

I must say I do like your turtle (I'm not a big Seiko fanboy normally), and I particularly like the use of Roman numerals. Perhaps a stupid question, but does the date in your photo imply 20th April (i.e. in 5 days' time), not April 2020?

Hi and welcome from the sunny south. Well, Halifax but that’s southish from you.

I like a Seiko myself and TudorBB’s are a favourite!

Enjoy the forum. There’s some very knowledgeable folks here and it’s a great way to while away the lockdown time....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments. Yeah the date on the pic means 20th - I do like a date function but find the day part unnecessary as I’m generally well aware of what day it is! So I always have it set on the Roman numerals as it looks a bit more interesting. Simple things etc...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    Haha you are right animaal, let’s hope it doesn’t go on for too much longer! Although have to say it hasn’t been anywhere near as bad as I thought so far.

Hi 2012, no I don’t have the ‘dawn grey’, mine is the darker grey dial with black bezel:

Hi from another noob!

That's a lovely watch, man. List photos don't do it justice.

I've got the Padi turtle and it's on my wrist 50% of the time as it's so comfortable.

Plenty of Seiko fans here I think :)

Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    I’ve bought & flipped a few watches over the last 3-4 years but am fairly settled on my current two - a Tudor 79220N black bay black, and a Seiko srpc23 grey turtle as my daily.
    That's solid duo. I'm impressed that you managed to settle on just two.

I've been tempted by a couple of the new Seikos myself, even with the ugly Prospex 'X' on the dials. I was meant to go to Japan for a holiday soon and I thought about getting a Seiko diver with a kanji day wheel. However that's now on hold indefinitely.

Craftsman
    Hello and welcome. Enjoy the forum.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome to the forum. Great choice of watches. I've had the SBDY015 for a couple of weeks and am really enjoying it.
    I was very tempted to go for the grey dial version that you have. Has it been discontinued? Seems quite hard to find online.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird84 View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum. Great choice of watches. I've had the SBDY015 for a couple of weeks and am really enjoying it.
    I was very tempted to go for the grey dial version that you have. Has it been discontinued? Seems quite hard to find online.
    Hi not sure if it’s been discontinued, altho you never really know with Seiko - has always been a bit harder to find than the standard colours. The SBDY015 is a cracker tho I love the kanji date

Master
    Welcome to the forum, black bay and turtle are Watches, good choices!

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app