closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Alcohol dependency support in Bournemouth.

Master
    Blog Entries

Alcohol dependency support in Bournemouth.

Just got off the phone with a good friend of mine down on the coast. He’s very down at the minute, (lockdown taking its toll I guess) and has told me he’s an alcoholic. He’s worried that he may lose his family. Under normal circumstances, I’d drive down there and give him a big hug. But I can’t.
    I’m happy to see him acknowledge the problem and he seems keen to look at help. However, here in lies the problem, I doubt much is open. I assume there might be some online help available?
    I’d really appreciate any pointers as to local groups / support available.
    Obviously, a PM is fine owing to the subject matter.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Master
    I'm a little out of the loop, with current providers in the area but I would try EDAS - edasuk.org also the council's BEAT team who you can get the details from on the bournemouth.gov.uk website.
    Also what used to be addaction but have recently changed name addaction.org.uk

If none of these are suitable I can try and make a few more enquiries during the week.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bloater View Post
    I'm a little out of the loop, with current providers in the area but I would try EDAS - edasuk.org also the council's BEAT team who you can get the details from on the bournemouth.gov.uk website.
    Also what used to be addaction but have recently changed name addaction.org.uk

If none of these are suitable I can try and make a few more enquiries during the week.

Thank you.
    I’ll pass this on.

Friend was an addiction nurse - Bournemouth has some of the best facilities in UK (or did) mostly based in Boscombe but should not have a problem getting help for any drug/alcohol difficulties. There is also a very good psychiatric hospital St Annes. This is based on info from some years ago now as we lost touch but they were certainly progressive and well regarded so I hope your friend gets the help they need.

Bournemouth Council should certainly help or local GP

https://www.bournemouth.gov.uk/commu...r-alcohol.aspx

Master
    St Anne's is indeed very good, I know of patients who have moved across the country to access there services.

They still have the help line available for Alcoholics Anonymous I think. Hope he gets the help he needs

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app