closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I've bent my bars!

Craftsman

I've bent my bars!

I've noticed a few vintage military watches with bent fixed bars and always wondered how hard you would have to knock them about in order to damage them like that.
    Well now I know!
    My occupation often involves work of a physical nature and last night, for one reason or another I ended up getting flung along a gravel track at full sprint. I landed awkwardly, with my CWC divers watch face down. I felt it twist hard on the NATO and later on, I noticed that along with a few scratches on the bezel and crystal I have managed to bend both the fixed bars.
    My question is, should I have a go at straightening them out or should I just leave them? Has anyone got experience of straightening fixed bars? Should I be concerned about further weakening them?
    I should add that I'm not concerned about how the watch looks as its already got plenty of scuffs and scrapes.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I’d check first that all 4 bar ends are still firmly connected to the lugs. If this is the case you might even be able to tease the bars a little straighter using your thumb, getting the bar behind the line of your nail will tell you if it will shift like this. It’s Little journey has bound to have weakened the metal a little in the middle of the bend, but as above it’s the joins with the lugs that I would be mindful of.

I would give it a go
    I would not be trying to get them totally straight but a bit straighter than they now are
    If you re careful I am sure you can get them in some sort of shape
    CWC divers need a bit of wear and tear!
    My SBS has one slightly bent lug and it’s never been an issue