closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vacheron Constantin Photo Thread

Craftsman
    Interesting, as VC reduced the Overseas from £18.1k to £17.4k last year which was curious.

£19k is still pretty good value for what you are getting. I bought through an AD, think I got it for £16.5k which is now looking like a bit of a bargain, especially with three strap options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    I am waiting on their invoice to pay by bank transfer. No discussion about part payment, or indeed the price increase other than my asking the question.
    All those missed air miles/points/cashback :(
    Send me the money and I'll pay on my card!
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 30th April 2020 at 13:41.

Craftsman
    That's annoying about the price increase. Anyone know how to contact them to ask about paying a deposit to secure the price as it is now? My request to that Facebook group is pending and I have messaged their main Facebook page

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    The VC website has chat functionality with store staff, have you tried that?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by peterdo View Post
    The VC website has chat functionality with store staff, have you tried that?

It looks like that is the same as a Facebook message to their main page as it has just loaded up all the messages I sent earlier

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Thanks Stephen. I am waiting on their invoice to pay by bank transfer. No discussion about part payment, or indeed the price increase other than my asking the question. No, it is the three hander, one was available from Switzerland on 10 days delivery, via Amsterdam,
    A quick question for you. Is the bracelet easy to adjust to wrist size? Do links need to be removed and, if so, what screwdriver size is required or is another method employed? Typically I need one link removed from ROLEX sports bracelets. Sorry, that was more than one question!
    My wife always adjusts my bracelets and straps as I’m (as my dad always says) ‘cack handed’ being a leftie apparently! She said this was the easiest she’s changed on any watch (Rolex, GS, Omega). She’s out but I think it’s a 1.4mm screwdriver. I’ll let you know if any different. She removed 1 link and it fits perfectly. You can also pull the bracelet to extend it 2mm either side in hot weather which is a great touch. When you get the watch message me your details and I can what’s app you the demonstrations on changing straps etc, not that it’s very difficult. Also 3 hander is quite stunning - I originally wanted the chrono but then thought I’ve got a Daytona for that. I think it being simpler, it empathises that incredible blue more.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    All those missed air miles/points/cashback :(
    Send me the money and I'll pay on my card!
    I paid on cc (which they said was quicker for processing) so have now got 600,000 virgin air miles (as I’ve had flights cancelled) which may well be useless if they go under.

Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    That's annoying about the price increase. Anyone know how to contact them to ask about paying a deposit to secure the price as it is now? My request to that Facebook group is pending and I have messaged their main Facebook page

VC are working remotely. Go online and they’ll make contact. Amazing to deal with. I’m sure you could tie up a deal today quite easily.
    Last edited by Devonian; 30th April 2020 at 14:34.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ^^^^Stephen, much appreciated and will do (from a fellow leftie!).

Craftsman
    All done, such a smooth transaction, just paid a 50% deposit for the blue 3 hander. They have one in the boutique but as it's closed, can't get it so I can either collect when they reopen and pay the rest there or pay the rest when they can get inside and ship it to me. Think I will prefer to collect so they can properly resize the bracelet for me rather than doing a horrible job of it myself.

Thanks all for your help, especially for pointing out the messenger service on their website

Last edited by wuyangkid; 30th April 2020 at 15:04.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    All done, such a smooth transaction, just paid a 50% deposit for the blue 3 hander. They have one in the boutique but as it's closed, can't get it so I can either collect when they reopen and pay the rest there or pay the rest when they can get inside and ship it to me. Think I will prefer to collect so they can properly resize the bracelet for me rather than doing a horrible job of it myself.

Thanks all for your help, especially for pointing out the messenger service on their website

Excellent news. Well done. Was the impending price increase mentioned at all?

Craftsman
    Yes, tomorrow

I mentioned that it was a bit of a weird time for the price increase given what has been happening and she told me that it had been planned for a while and that it's just unlucky it had to be now. She seemed to imply that the increase for UK is more than other regions due to FX

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yes, tomorrow

I mentioned that it was a bit of a weird time for the price increase given what has been happening and she told me that it had been planned for a while and that it's just unlucky it had to be now. She seemed to imply that the increase for UK is more than other regions due to FX

Thanks. That stacks up. Perhaps no increase for EU, as the Amsterdam concierge was unaware today.

Great thread. So many amazing watches on here. Never realised there was such a VC fan base on TZ-UK!

After much deliberation, this is the one I opted for a couple of years ago. This isn’t my picture but will get the watch out and do a wrist shot for you.

Talking about the VC AD shop in London, I brought it there for a service and have to agree with above posts, they were excellent.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    New U.K. price £19,000. Euros price up from 20.4k to 21.2k.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by baronetto View Post

Great thread. So many amazing watches on here. Never realised there was such a VC fan base on TZ-UK!

After much deliberation, this is the one I opted for a couple of years ago. This isn’t my picture but will get the watch out and do a wrist shot for you.

Talking about the VC AD shop in London, I brought it there for a service and have to agree with above posts, they were excellent.
    Lovely shot! Anyway, too much talk about money on what was supposed to be a photo thread, so...

Last edited by learningtofly; 1st May 2020 at 08:19.

Craftsman
    Just had a look at watches of switzerland and bucherer and all the overseas are still listed at the same price as yesterday. Don't ADs also have to follow price increases?

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Lovely shot! Anyway, too much talk about money on what was supposed to be a photo thread, so...
    Just had a look at watches of switzerland and bucherer and all the overseas are still listed at the same price as yesterday. Don't ADs also have to follow price increases?
    I give up.

Craftsman
    Sorry, I'll post some pictures of my incoming when it arrives to make up for it. No idea when that will be

Master

Vacheron Constantin Photo Thread

For those with the new Overseas 4500v how good is the easy strap change? I like the idea but just have a nagging doubt that it’s just not secure enough for a sports watch. I know standard springbars hardly look secure but work well and they can resist twisting, just not sure how this system would take abuse.

Other than that love the watch, thanks for all the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post

Caliber 1001 info https://www.watchprosite.com/page-wf...4-argument-ii/

Serial number dates watch to early 1960s

… currently sealed in a small 'Really Useful' box awaiting a new crystal

Also have another vintage gold VC but no pics apart from Photo Bucket with watermark … will re-photograph and post

dunk

Full service completed this week by WebWatchMaker Brendan Hoey ...

... ready for ultrasonic cleaning (Brendan Hoey photo)

... after reassembly including new Swiss vitreous glass bevel edge crystal

dunk
    Last edited by sundial; 2nd May 2020 at 12:48.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post

Full service completed this week by WebWatchMaker Brendan Hoey including new Swiss Glass bevel edge crystal

dunk
    That crystal looks excellent .

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Thanks Sundial,
    Lovely watches to work on and great to get a mention in the posh part of the forum.

Craftsman
    I paid 10k for a full set 2 years old. Must have the cheapest 4500 blue -:)

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Vacheron Constantin Photo Thread

Apprentice

No dual time photo so far !

Craftsman
    Gorgeous - my second go to after the blue faced chronograph.

Master
    Blog Entries

Beautiful watch and a lovely story

https://quillandpad.com/2018/11/17/v...other-reprise/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by helloworldies View Post

No dual time photo so far !
    Wow! Not seen that one in the flesh. Thank you for sharing.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post

Beautiful watch and a lovely story

https://quillandpad.com/2018/11/17/v...other-reprise/
    that is truly, truly stunning... and loved the back story too, thanks for sharing.

Craftsman
    Hey everyone.

As Coronavirus hit I'm sure we have all come to do something to ease the lockdown madness. I started a new blog, www.maltese-cross.com which is basically an ad-free site run on a ropey old server in my garage and serves to be an outlet for my free time. I'm having a lot of fun with it but other than the historical (including general European) side of things I'm exploring personally, the vision is that long term I'd like it to become a sort of database of references that is useful for collectors, while reading a bit like a magazine.

If anyone has a VC that fancies talking about their watch on there in my joy of ownership series I just started, shoot me a DM. Thanks very much!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    I am struggling with this one. Have it 12months or so and have never fully bonded with it. If I could get it on a rubber bracelet similar to the current generation i would love it.

Master
    Tony, quick question as I know you have owned both, how does the 49140 wear in comparison to a (1)16520. Both are shown as 40mm but to me the Rolex was 39mm and seemed small and I'm not sure how that translates to the 40mm of the 49140.

Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    Tony, quick question as I know you have owned both, how does the 49140 wear in comparison to a (1)16520. Both are shown as 40mm but to me the Rolex was 39mm and seemed small and I'm not sure how that translates to the 40mm of the 49140.
    No question that the VC wears bigger - it may just be the integrated bracelet but in any event it’s not overbearing in any way.

I shot this earlier today and then accidentally posted it elsewhere, but given that we have a VC photo thread I deleted it and will stick it here instead...

Craftsman
    No question that the VC wears bigger - it may just be the integrated bracelet but in any event it’s not overbearing in any way.

I shot this earlier today and then accidentally posted it elsewhere, but given that we have a VC photo thread I deleted it and will stick it here instead...

Tony - first off, stunning watch and photo.

Just a quick question:

I am in two minds as to whether the silver faced chrono (II) or the blue faced chrono is the one. I haven't had the chance to see this one in the flesh (I have seen the blue) and wondered if readability was an issue?

I have a Speedy Tuesday - so with silver hands and panda (silver dials) and actually....in my old age...find it hard to read at a glance. Looking at the above silvered dial I just wondered if this might be the same for this version of the VC chrono? I have of course made a huge assumption that you are of an age where reading glasses might come into play so if you don't have that issue then I'm even more jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Tony - first off, stunning watch and photo.

Just a quick question:

I am in two minds as to whether the silver faced chrono (II) or the blue faced chrono is the one. I haven't had the chance to see this one in the flesh (I have seen the blue) and wondered if readability was an issue?

I have a Speedy Tuesday - so with silver hands and panda (silver dials) and actually....in my old age...find it hard to read at a glance. Looking at the above silvered dial I just wondered if this might be the same for this version of the VC chrono? I have of course made a huge assumption that you are of an age where reading glasses might come into play so if you don't have that issue then I'm even more jealous!
    Sadly, Rich, 202/20 vision for me is something from the distant past. I wear glasses these days, but I can honestly say that readability isn't an issue with the silver/light dial. Next time I wear it I'll take a shot in natural light to demonstrate what I mean - when I use my studio lights it can give a slightly false impression due to their intensity (so I understand why you asked the question).

That said, a dark dial will often give you a slightly more legible result, I think... just the nature of dials.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 10th June 2020 at 08:39.

Master

Thank you. Have found one at a reasonable asking price, never had a VC before and would like to see what the finishing is like.

Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    Thank you. Have found one at a reasonable asking price, never had a VC before and would like to see what the finishing is like.
    The finishing is exquisite - I don't see any way that you could be disappointed.

Craftsman
    does anyone happen to know if the blue dial on the second edition Overseas chrono is identical in finish to the third edition? So apart from the layout and size is the blue on V2 enamelled like V3? Maybe someone who has been able to compare both side by side?

Another one from a day or two ago.

Last edited by learningtofly; 17th June 2020 at 10:41.

Craftsman
    Another one from a day or two ago.

Lovely...particularly like the mix with the leather.

I note that there is a limited edition version of the Overseas Chrono V2 with red chrono hands. Not quite so pretty in my mind, but may actually be more readable.

https://www.watchtime.com/wristwatch...ited-editions/

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Lovely...particularly like the mix with the leather.

I note that there is a limited edition version of the Overseas Chrono V2 with red chrono hands. Not quite so pretty in my mind, but may actually be more readable.

https://www.watchtime.com/wristwatch...ited-editions/

I love the red accents, actually - more so, I think, than the orange accents on the black dial. I wouldn't kick either of them out of bed, though.

Craftsman
    I love the red accents, actually - more so, I think, than the orange accents on the black dial. I wouldn't kick either of them out of bed, though.
    no, quite!!

Early 1950's V&C Caliber P453/3C ... serviced May 2020 by Brendan Hoey and included case valet / polish and replacement acrylic crystal. I sourced and fitted the aftermarket VC buckle. Dial has pleasing 70 (ish) years patina.

dunk
    Last edited by sundial; 5th July 2020 at 19:52.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Master
    Blog Entries
    Decided to keep this one in the end and glad I did!

Craftsman
    Here are my latest ones. More on the way for my review!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Had this a week, still bonding... The bracelet is something else. Love the way the black dial goes from flat black dial to shiny laquared.

Feels substantial on my 7" wrist and got a great presence about it. So far very pleased.... Although I don't particularly think it suits the black croc strap though.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Desert_Weasel; 11th October 2020 at 14:21.

Journeyman
    That is such an exquisite watch. I actually think it looks great on a black strap; one of the things I love about the Overseas is its versatility. I would be very happy indeed to pick one up one day myself - enjoy yours! It is beautiful.

I have a vintage Vacheron from the early 1970s, a reference 6999. Less versatile than the Overseas, but it sports the extremely thin calibre 1003, which I do admire.

A7F09066-BBD6-4022-BDC2-AFDA85F33DBD by J D, on Flickr

B0FE6C10-3939-475B-9426-408858D934BC by J D, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Desert_Weasel View Post
    Had this a week, still bonding... The bracelet is something else. Love the way the black dial goes from flat black dial to shiny laquared.

Feels substantial on my 7" wrist and got a great presence about it. So far very pleased.... Although I don't particularly think it suits the black croc strap though.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Red Chronomètre Royal > Red Submariner

Today's a good day...

I've wanted a day date for years, but didn't think I'd end up with a beauty like this.