Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Piemuncher22 View Post
    That is exceptionally pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by cirotti View Post
    Wow!!!..a round of applause!!!
    Thank you both :)

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    aha, for some reason i missed it beforehand! Very nice

I also have a soft spot for that version.

Initially I was deciding between the white dial as well but the guilloche won me over :)

On a separate note, I have tried on and taken some photos of Cabinotiers and Les Collectionneurs. Anyone interested for me to post them? Or is this just VC ownership thread?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    The bracelet is solid but beautifully engineered and very comfortable. It has a butterfly clasp, though, so no adjustment (at least, not on the older models). It comes with half-links but I've never needed to bother, having just accepted that it feels a bit tighter in hot weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Sorry about the "much give" I meant micro adjustment on the clasp.
    Gen 3 is one of the big plus points for me - the bracelet has built in extensions - no need for pins - just a gentle pull on either side of the bracelet to extend the bracelet.

before:

after:

there is one extension on each side of the bracelet.

I like mine on bracelet too!

Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by Kelv_w View Post
    Initially I was deciding between the white dial as well but the guilloche won me over :)

On a separate note, I have tried on and taken some photos of Cabinotiers and Les Collectionneurs. Anyone interested for me to post them? Or is this just VC ownership thread?
    Can't go wrong with a nice bit of guilloche!

As for the other watches, here or a separate thread, whatever get them up

Here are some of the Cabinotiers I had the opportunity to try on and check out.

Hand painted dial, the VC logo is etched onto the glass itself.

Tourbillion Perpetual Calendar with Minute Repeater. I had to be really careful when handling this one

Some superb craft work! How do you activate the minute repeater? I cannot see the usual trigger on the side of the case.

Some superb craft work! How do you activate the minute repeater? I cannot see the usual trigger on the side of the case.
    There's a little notch on the bezel, just at the top right :) Both sizes of the case were engraved as a complete block. Imagine making a mistake at the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelv_w View Post
    There's a little notch on the bezel, just at the top right :) Both sizes of the case were engraved as a complete block. Imagine making a mistake at the very end.
    Indeed! Am sure it has happened!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caliber 1001 info https://www.watchprosite.com/page-wf...4-argument-ii/

Serial number dates watch to early 1960s

… currently sealed in a small 'Really Useful' box awaiting a new crystal

Also have another vintage gold VC but no pics apart from Photo Bucket with watermark … will re-photograph and post

dunk
    Last edited by sundial; 12th April 2020 at 19:42.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

For the 4500v owners - did you compare the black face to the blue ? I’m wondering why so few black faced 4500v’s are seen in the wild so to speak.

Craftsman
    Compared it to the black overseas Chrono, but once you handle the blue, it’s hard to turn it down. Was originally in for the brown dial, but it’s discontinued, think it looks magnificent also

Just to add, I still have a WTB for a 222, if anyone can assist!

I can see why. That is gorgeous.
    Love the little Vacheron maltese cross embedded in the case.

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post

… currently sealed in a small 'Really Useful' box awaiting a new crystal

Also have another vintage gold VC but no pics apart from Photo Bucket with watermark … will re-photograph and post

dunk
    That looks beautiful! Easy enough to get a crystal for it?

Quote Originally Posted by peterdo View Post
    Compared it to the black overseas Chrono, but once you handle the blue, it’s hard to turn it down. Was originally in for the brown dial, but it’s discontinued, think it looks magnificent also

Having tried both on, blue over black as well in the 3 hander. For the chrono or dual timer, I'd say it's much closer however the black looks really good, especially the panda chrono.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    For the 4500v owners - did you compare the black face to the blue ? I’m wondering why so few black faced 4500v’s are seen in the wild so to speak.
    I did, but it did nothing for me - anyway I have too many black faced watches, I was actually looking at the chrono to start with and was quite taken by the panda dial, but once I saw the blue three hander.... the blue was nothing like any other blue I have seen - electric blue perhaps gets close to describe it.

That looks beautiful! Easy enough to get a crystal for it?

……...
    Movement with dial was removed from case to clean off dust specks from dial and clean inside of crystal … crystal then 'popped out' and it broke when I tried to compress and refit ... It's a very slim crystal for an ultra-thin watch … Rather than risk breaking a new crystal (assuming can source one) I'll probably ask my watchmaker to source and fit when the watch is serviced. Crystal is so thin there is no 'edge' to safely compress with my crystal lift.

dunk

Another classic Vacheron & Constantin

Caliber P453/30; caliber 453 also engraved on case … see photo LHS. Movement SN 485114 dates it to 1945/50 … might be possible to obtain a more accurate date of manufacture if an archive extract / authenticity certificate obtained from VC.

Unfortunately I cannot find a UK hallmark anywhere on the case to help date the watch more accurately.

Caliber 453 series information:

https://www.watchprosite.com/page-wf...open_bLoB_s-0/

BW

dunk

Thanks for the sharing the vintage VCs. i love them and the more I learn more about it, the more I appreciate its design over the years.

I wished I bought this when I came across it on a business trip abroad. Love the concentric circle dial.

Saw this large 4400 display model at the boutique. If only it's for sale

And here are some Les collectionneurs, love the vintage size

View the whole range: https://www.vacheron-constantin.com/en/home.html … stunning designs.

dunk

Craftsman
    My 4500

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Ohhhh - I'd love one of these...

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Ohhhh - I'd love one of these...
    You won the lottery Martyn?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    That is stunning looking Eamonn!

Quote Originally Posted by Eamonn345 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Eamonn345 View Post
    I have to say, that beats any blue dial for me. Just lovely!!!

Craftsman
    I was a small time collector of (mainly vintage) Vacheron Constantin watches from the 40's, 50's and 60's and I have only recently sold all but one of them. I do miss them a lot! Photographs are generally poor (a couple have been borrowed from the Auction House that sold them for me) but hopefully they might give you an idea of why I think vintage VC are so special. Simple, elegant, great designs and watchmaking of the highest order (as well as being great value for money)!

Classic 4178 chronograph from 1947

Original and untouched 4241 triple date from 1946

Another 4241 triple date from 1948 restored by Vacheron in 2017

Chronometre Royal (6075) with original gold Gay Freres bracelet from 1955 with Chronometre Certificate

4625 Pink Gold from 1956 (38mm)

Three quite distinctive designs

(1) 4786 Disco Volante watch from 1953 (with stunning milled rose gold broad bezel)

(2) 4709 VC Helm watch from 1952 with serrated bezel

(3) 4218 time only watch with ‘star dial’ and tear drop lugs from circa 1950

Three very simple and elegant time only watches

(1) 4217 from 1961 (WG)

(2) 6903 from 1970 (YG)

(3) 6441 from 1962 (RG)

6394Q - automatic from 1960 with fine band of linen-textured guilloche work applied to the bezel by hand

Three odd ones to finish!

(1) 6760 pocket watch from 1964

(2) My son's 6115 ultra thin with Cal 1003 (not my photo)

(3) Saltarello – 43041 (pink gold), the only modern VC that I had in my collection

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    I was a small time collector of (mainly vintage) Vacheron Constantin watches from the 40's, 50's and 60's and I have only recently sold all but one of them. I do miss them a lot! Photographs are generally poor (a couple have been borrowed from the Auction House that sold them for me) but hopefully they might give you an idea of why I think vintage VC are so special. Simple, elegant, great designs and watchmaking of the highest order (as well as being great value for money)!

Some superb watches!!!The classic chrono and the Saltarello two highlights for me. Out of curiosity, what watch did you keep?

Blog Entries
    I have to say, that beats any blue dial for me. Just lovely!!!
    Really? (actually, I do agree the reverse panda is the pic of the bunch of the chronos for me too.)

Master
    Oh my. Oh my, oh my, oh my.
    This is lovely. By far the best of the bunch (entire thread???) as far as I’m concerned.

Craftsman
    Some superb watches!!!The classic chrono and the Saltarello two highlights for me. Out of curiosity, what watch did you keep?
    Thanks. The 6115 Ultra Thin as it belongs to my son!

Craftsman
    Thought I'd throw in my Grandfather's 1935 daily beater. It was passed on to me on my 21st birthday.....back in the early 80s. I wore it for a year every day, then it was "gently" pointed out to me that it was best not to...But just wear it for "special occasions". It now doesn't get much wrist time, as although it works perfectly it's a little on the small size for me..... and I don't get out much....

Master
    Just arrived. Went online on the VC website on Saturday and ended up dealing with the London Boutique. The level of service was incredible from start to finish. I’ve dealt with quite a few AD’s from different brands over the years and this was right up there, probably as good to deal with as anyone.

Last edited by Devonian; 29th April 2020 at 17:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Just arrived. Went online on the VC website on Saturday and ended up dealing with the London Boutique. The level of service was incredible from start to finish. I’ve dealt with quite a few AD’s from different brands over the years and this was right up there, probably as good to deal with as anyone.

That looks fantastic on your wrist! Congrats!

Craftsman
    Yum yum
    A lockdown lovely

Craftsman
    Absolutely stunning. How does it wear? I'm currently deciding between this or the CHNR 126711. I've heard that because of the integrated bracelet, the first link extends slightly further resulting in the watch wearing slightly larger than the stated 41mm

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Congratulations! It looks great on your wrist. What's your wrist size?

I agree the London Boutique service is top notch. In fact they sent me a little gift over this lockdown period as a kind gesture.

Superb watch! It still amazes me how other brands are not following VC and supplying multiple straps along with the bracelet. Just look at Lange....

Craftsman
    Did you manage to get a discount on it by any chance?

Craftsman
    Was about to ask the same question, are discounts off limits in boutiques or will they play?

I bought the same model from an AD and managed to get some money off, but clearly the buying experience won’t be at the sane level

Master
    It’s very comfortable to wear and doesn’t wear big at all. Similar to say the hulk but slightly thinner maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    Absolutely stunning. How does it wear? I'm currently deciding between this or the CHNR 126711. I've heard that because of the integrated bracelet, the first link extends slightly further resulting in the watch wearing slightly larger than the stated 41mm

Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    Did you manage to get a discount on it by any chance?
    Quote Originally Posted by peterdo View Post
    Was about to ask the same question, are discounts off limits in boutiques or will they play?
    I did some research before (the VC Facebook group is very good, VC are actually a member themselves) in online groups and asked a few people here. I think the general rule is if you go grey/online you can get a discount, but from boutiques you can’t. I tried a couple on chrono24 and elsewhere and delivery was an issue, as well availability and the discount not being great.

I messaged VC online and got through to their London Boutique. I have to say from start to finish the service was better than I’ve ever experienced anywhere - just as an example I received half a dozen what’s app messages yesterday afternoon demonstrating the strap changes, release buttons, etc after I had asked a couple of questions.

I asked about discount and I was told that they don’t do them on this watch. They also said the price was rising to £19,000 on May 1st and that they had one blue automatic and one blue dual time available in Europe (no idea if that’s true or not, but this came from Amsterdam so I guess there wasn’t one in the U.K). They have said they will send a nice gift once reopen and I’ll be invited to an event of some kind.

I’m fairly sure that with what’s going on in the world that at some time in the future I’d be able to source one cheaper online. I thought about that and decided against it. Firstly I like true whole AD experience (sad maybe but true), secondly I’ve just sold a watch that I wasn’t wearing and did well out of it and I’m about to sell another one which will fund this watch. Third, it was for my 50th last month and our holiday ended due to this virus - my wife told me not to mess about and just buy it and start enjoying it, so I did!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations, it’s a lovely watch and I too bought one in feb from the London boutique, which they got in on the day and called me. These blues sell very well and so don’t stay in stock long. When I bought, no one in the U.K. had one.

The watch is great value overalll. Wasn’t aware it’s about to be 19k though, good news for owners

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Congratulations, it’s a lovely watch and I too bought one in feb from the London boutique, which they got in on the day and called me. These blues sell very well and so don’t stay in stock long. When I bought, no one in the U.K. had one.

The watch is great value overalll. Wasn’t aware it’s about to be 19k though, good news for owners
    Cheers Kash I love it. Especially having 3 different strap options - and how easy it is to change them.

FYI the dual time is going from 21k to 23k and the chrono from 25k to 27.4k. They emailed me the new prices.

Cheers Kash I love it. Especially having 3 different strap options - and how easy it is to change them.

FYI the dual time is going from 21k to 23k and the chrono from 25k to 27.4k. They emailed me the new prices.
    Damn that is a bit of a kicking in the balls in this environment, but i guess the weakness of the pound is a reason for it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh that is the final straw. I have just ordered a blue dial Overseas via the on-line Boutique in Amsterdam. Watch is on the way from Switzerland to France via The Netherlands. Interestingly, the concierge was not aware of the impending increase, however he was not surprised.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Oh that is the final straw. I have just ordered a blue dial Overseas via the on-line Boutique in Amsterdam. Watch is on the way from Switzerland to France via The Netherlands. Interestingly, the concierge was not aware of the impending increase, however he was not surprised.
    But perhaps this is a uk rise only? based on GBP move, so if you are ordering outside you might be ok

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    But perhaps this is a uk rise only? based on GBP move, so if you are ordering outside you might be ok
    Maybe, but I am paying in sterling.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Maybe, but I am paying in sterling.
    Simon when they emailed me they said I could pay in full and receive it within a few days (late Saturday and arrived yesterday) or I could pay a 50% deposit and secure the price before May 1st.

Is it the dual time?

Good luck Stephen

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Simon when they emailed me they said I could pay in full and receive it within a few days (late Saturday and arrived yesterday) or I could pay a 50% deposit and secure the price before May 1st.

Is it the dual time?

Good luck Stephen
    Thanks Stephen. I am waiting on their invoice to pay by bank transfer. No discussion about part payment, or indeed the price increase other than my asking the question. No, it is the three hander, one was available from Switzerland on 10 days delivery, via Amsterdam,
    A quick question for you. Is the bracelet easy to adjust to wrist size? Do links need to be removed and, if so, what screwdriver size is required or is another method employed? Typically I need one link removed from ROLEX sports bracelets. Sorry, that was more than one question!