closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Changing a crown.... Actually, sorted in a roundabout way

Blog Entries

Changing a crown.... Actually, sorted in a roundabout way

Hi All

Looking possibly at buying a watch I've hankered after for some time but the particular example offered to me needs a new crown as it won't screw in. The watch is a bronze but the crown on this particular watch is titanium (the earlier ones from the factory were titanium, the latter examples have bronze-coloured steel crowns). The manufacturer say the titanium crowns were prone to losing their thread which is why they swapped. My question is, how easy is a crown change? Also, how much would I be looking at to get this job done? I've seen videos on the web but I certainly don't have the pin-holders necessary for such a task.

EDIT - I decided to hell with the used one and have bought a new limited-edition version from the manufacturer. Therefore advice no longer needed but thank you for looking.
    Last edited by BSB; 3rd April 2020 at 11:35.

What is it? Photos or it never happened!

Simon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    What is it? Photos or it never happened!

Simon
    Well, the one I've ordered can be seen here - https://www.helsonwatches.com/shop.p...egory=22810108

I've had three Shark Divers so far (a 40mm Bronze with brown face (since sold), a 42mm Steel with black face and orange markers with Miyota movement (since sold) and currently a 45mm Steel with black face and white markers and ETA movement). However, always wanted a 45mm Bronze with green face. The one I've ordered doesn't have the solid green face but rather a jade green face but, the aluminium insert is a positive IMO.

Mmmm, that’s nice. It’s rare for me to like green watches, but that looks good I must say...

Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk